Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
From my understanding its to do with ground ops. They are all based at T5 now so T3 flights have to make their way over to T3 do a turnaround and more than likely were traveling back to T5 for the next flight.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wonder if BA might manage to regroup ALL flights to T5 in the end, and if so, would they be able to close off their T3 lounge and operations entirely and what would they then do with the lounges? I mean as weird as the whole thing seems to be, if it did end up resulting in a single terminal operation I would sort of see how it may be worth the "earthquake" and save them a lot of money...
Without more drastic schedule cuts, T5 lacks capacity for the current schedule. Unless they crack on with the D satellite and get it operating this year?
With US pre-clearance.
And a suite of lounges including a mini CCR?
While we are at it, can F passengers get a car to the aircraft steps too?

I can dream can't I? But the D satellite looks more and more appealing. Much better than giving away all of of your cash as dividends. To me anyway.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
weirdly just got an email from BA that our NBO to LHR return leg will be T5 but nothing about the outbound, however this is also showing as T5 in MMB (sept 22). Grrr, just booked parking and was looking forward to my first CX F lounge….
had a similar email, email suggests the return from Nairobi moves to T5, but MMB shows the outbound also moving.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Remaining at T3 after 12 July for the rest of S22 would be:

Barbados (BGI)
Nairobi (NBO)

Bastia (BIA)
Billund (BLL)
Bucharest (OTP)
Gibraltar (GIB)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Lyon (LYS)
Naples (NAP)
Oslo (OSL)
Porto (OPO)
Pristina (PRN)
Pula (PUY)
Tirana (TIA)
Vienna (VIE)
Annoying.....I liked T3 visits

Last edited by PGberkshire; Jun 29, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
So if flights switch from T3 to T5, does this affect the departure times?
Are they kept the same?

I have a few flights booked over the next 3 months, one of which was Glasgow into T5, then onward to Prague from T3 (now T5? )

I was leaving a comfortable 4 hours for the terminal change and spending some time in the lounges.

But obviously T5 to T5 is a lot quicker turnaround.

Is it possible to switch to an earlier flight if it works out time wise, FOC?

unless you have CE on sep tickets and can SDC

Last edited by PGberkshire; Jun 29, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Are people seeing this update on their bookings already? I have a flight to PHX in October and it's still showing as T3, so if it's changed already then suggests it's only for the remainder of S22 for now
So I received an email from BA today, to let me know that my AUS-LHR flight in September had been moved to LRH T5.
When I go into, "manage my booking," I also see that it has been updated to LHR T5.

I'll be connecting LHR-TIA, so I guess I'll have to do the bus to T3 for that flight, unless something changes between now and then, which is quite likely. I have a 5-1/2 hour connection, so unless things are quite dire, I should be fine with getting between terminals.

And yes, on the AA forum, there has been quite a bit of chatter with AA moving their remaining flights to T3. Originally someone said it would happen on 1 July. I haven't seen a specific date listed, but it sounds like it will happen toward the middle of the month.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
My BUD flights actually straddle this date - I'm still outbound from T3 but I'll fly back into T5.

I knew there was a reason I buy flexible parking!
I would however not to expect parking to be that flexible that you can park your car at T3 and retrieve it at T5?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by aztimm
So I received an email from BA today, to let me know that my AUS-LHR flight in September had been moved to LRH T5.
When I go into, "manage my booking," I also see that it has been updated to LHR T5.

I'll be connecting LHR-TIA, so I guess I'll have to do the bus to T3 for that flight, unless something changes between now and then, which is quite likely. I have a 5-1/2 hour connection, so unless things are quite dire, I should be fine with getting between terminals.

And yes, on the AA forum, there has been quite a bit of chatter with AA moving their remaining flights to T3. Originally someone said it would happen on 1 July. I haven't seen a specific date listed, but it sounds like it will happen toward the middle of the month.
I think it would be awesome if all AA flights from USA-UK arrives at T3 just because of the lounges. Or maybe LHR can enhance the T5-T3 transfer experience so I won't have to care anymore.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Quite annoyed at the switch as we were looking forward to CX lounge. Does anyone have an opinion on Plaza Premium versus GC, especially for breakfast? Haven't been to GC for ages and I recall GC only had bacon rolls. Also, I read somewhere that GC no longer serves Champagne, is that true?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by benjai
Quite annoyed at the switch as we were looking forward to CX lounge. Does anyone have an opinion on Plaza Premium versus GC, especially for breakfast? Haven't been to GC for ages and I recall GC only had bacon rolls. Also, I read somewhere that GC no longer serves Champagne, is that true?
GC is free pour champagne now (or it has been last few times I popped in) - which is better than pre Covid when you had to ask for it.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by aztimm

It’s 12 July when AA moves all T5 to T3.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...hr-airport.jsp
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Krisz
It’s 12 July when AA moves all T5 to T3.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...hr-airport.jsp
So starting from July 12th, AA20/AA21 will arrive and depart from T3?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Backofthequeue
There’s shenanigans here. My outbound BGI flight is T3, return is T5, next month.

EDIT: outbound also T5 now.
Same here.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I would however not to expect parking to be that flexible that you can park your car at T3 and retrieve it at T5?
Valet parking, meet & greet, would give you that flexibility.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Had email for Prague flights, out on 11th Aug and return 16th.
Both now obviously changed to T5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.