Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
For those waiting for Apple Pay functionality, prepare to wait! Just had a text message update apologising that I can't add my card to Apple Pay. They say they're working on getting it fixed by......the end of May....and will message me when confirmed.
justin_krusty and rum like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I'm not bothered about linking my BAEC just so that I can see my avios balance in the Barclays/Barclaycard app - but I would like to think that my earned avios (which are shown in the app) do find their way to my BA account. It seems to know my BAEC number so we will wait and see I suppose.

And why does it talk about linking a current account to BAEC, rather than a barclaycard account?
I suspect the reason it talks about current account is they've copied the code across from the Barclays app where it was used for the Premier account! Also based on my experience with that one, even though the account didn't update in the app the Avios still posted OK to my account.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:24 am

It is quite incredible just how much is going wrong at every stage. Also, the sheer number of steps to go through and communications being sent out...

Still no mention of what the World Elite benefits might be, either. Would be nice to know, when paying £20 per month in part for them.
rum and NicholasMAN like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
I think World Elite is just a marketing buzzword at this point with no tangible benefits on offer - I certainly wasn't expecting any complimentary lounge access etc.

At this point, as long as the card does its core job of allowing me to make purchases, I'm fine with that.

Amex are clearly leagues ahead in every other regard - switching from Amex to the Barclaycard app feels like going back in time to the blocky, pixelated days of Windows Mobile.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Anyone else's spend-o-meter stuck on nought? I've racked up a decent sum but the graphs for the 25k bonus and voucher don't seem interested in moving at all!
justin_krusty and Delboy65 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Agree re expecting very little (nothing) for Mastercard Elite!

Re spend tracker - mine worked for the 25k but got stuck halfway for the voucher but then when I had passed the target it showed up in my BAEC fine. The tracker hasn't moved in a couple of weeks despite that, I just put it down to more poor IT from Barclays!
rum and Delboy65 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: British Airways
Anyone know if Barclays will start to offer a referral bonus for the card similar to Amex?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: AmEx & Barclaycard Avios Plus
Will be making a big purchase to the sum of £2,500 in the coming weeks.

Has anyone got a referral link, or is it not the same as AmEx referrals? PM me.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:49 am

Also, has anyone worked out what MS we can achieve on this card?

here are very few restrictions on what you earn Avios on, asides from the standard gambling transactions, transfers (but can't remember it explicitly specifying PayPal transactions) etc...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
where is the card?

*please ignore*** I didn't pay attention!
Delboy65 likes this.

Last edited by OGG flyer; Apr 14, 2022 at 4:45 am Reason: tpos...sorry...typos
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by aviosluv
Will be making a big purchase to the sum of £2,500 in the coming weeks.

Has anyone got a referral link, or is it not the same as AmEx referrals? PM me.
surely the best at the moment is the HfP link?

And, based on my own and others experience.. allow 2 weeks from application before your card is usable
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
surely the best at the moment is the HfP link?

And, based on my own and others experience.. allow 2 weeks from application before your card is usable
Sadly not, the 30,000 bonus ended last week I believe, which I’m annoyed about because if I’d have know there was a significant delay in the applications I would’ve applied then!

Yeah, appears the reviews aren’t so good. I’ve had to upload proof of income too (never seen this for CC application before) so they say will add another 5 Biz days on. Think I will suck the Avios out of this and go back to Amex! Also I’ve seen that the World Elite perks mean squit on this card… no lounge access etc so what’s the real advantage of even having it other than to milk the welcome bonus?

good news for me is that it’s a sofa I’m purchasing, so I can be flexible as to when I buy it. However, I’d be annoyed if it was for a purchase that was planned for next week for instance.

Last edited by aviosluv; Apr 14, 2022 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:46 am

Also, has anyone worked out what MS we can achieve on this card?

here are very few restrictions on what you earn Avios on, asides from the standard gambling transactions, transfers (but can't remember it explicitly specifying PayPal transactions) etc...
I've topped up my HL s&s isa via curve which seemed to go through OK. Not really MS but I suppose you could top up, withdraw, repeat
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Tim330
I've topped up my HL s&s isa via curve which seemed to go through OK. Not really MS but I suppose you could top up, withdraw, repeat
Oh, cool. I have Curve, but haven't used it for a while. Can you do this with the free curve, or does it have to be Metal?

I will be a bit dubious about top up, withdraw and repeat on an ISA, just don't want to make them think I'm doing anything illegal. HOWEVER, I do already put a large chunk of my monthly income into my HL & Vanguard savings via direct debit, so I will try this. Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Oh, cool. I have Curve, but haven't used it for a while. Can you do this with the free curve, or does it have to be Metal?

I will be a bit dubious about top up, withdraw and repeat on an ISA, just don't want to make them think I'm doing anything illegal. HOWEVER, I do already put a large chunk of my monthly income into my HL & Vanguard savings via direct debit, so I will try this. Thanks!
I have the free version and it worked fine. I tested it first with £100 in case it charged a fee but it didn't seem to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.