Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Got home to find mine, as well, with the envelope looking like it's gone through a shredder.

Also, extremely unprofessional looking envelope with a janky address sticker.

Card is battered and extremely thin and cheap / flimsy.

The papers inside look like a lorry ran them over.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:29 am

Pics:

Originally Posted by D404
Got home to find mine, as well, with the envelope looking like it's gone through a shredder.

Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:16 am

On Saturday I went into the branch and the person there cancelled the overdue card and ordered another. It arrived unharmed this morning, was activate, PIN changed and a roll for lunch purchased. Seems to work well.

Lie back and think of the 29500 Avios winging their way to you!
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by b1982
My card arrived today (approved on 1 March) and, like others, in not so great condition.

I've tried to add it on Apple Pay, and got a message saying that the card is not support. Does this also happen to others? I have contacted via Chat and was told that they have 'raised a ticket with Barclaycard team to confirm' (also that 'it will take long time to resolve').
I had this issue and just gave up - my other card from them works on Apple Pay so not sure why this one doesn’t.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Multiple (many!) reports of this now. Was the card itself OK, or also bashed up?

Did an ICBM land in Barclays' card provider's mail room?
The card was covered in a white dust!
bermudasun and D404 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Just to top things off, the first payment I tried to make using the card got declined!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I read somewhere that Apple Pay was coming soon as all their current cards are Visa, so some work must be needed.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:50 am

Any online payment using 3D Secure seems to be declined, so perhaps not.

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Lie back and think of the 29500 Avios winging their way to you!
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Just to top things off, the first payment I tried to make using the card got declined!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite

My envelope looks absolutely identical to yours. In addition the anti-tamper seal on the back of the envelope wasn’t there. Definitely opened by someone. The credit card fell out in the postie’s bag and he put it through the letter box on its own. Never seen anything like it!

Spent an hour on the phone to them before they cancelled the card as stolen.

The phone number on the card goes through to the wrong department too!!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Any online payment using 3D Secure seems to be declined, so perhaps not.
So I've noticed. Am on the phone again to them now trying to get it sorted!

EDIT: They don't know what's wrong and can see no declines on their end. Someone has gone away to see what they can find out and has promised to call me back when they know more...

Last edited by SouthWesterner; Mar 15, 2022 at 10:17 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:17 am

Just received a text from barclaycard acknowledging there WAS a delay "We're very sorry about the delay in receiving your new Avios Barclaycard. It was due to an issue that has now been fixed and your card should be with you imminently". A little two late when a load of us have cancelled and requested a new one sent out.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My card arrived today, similar damage with the long edge of the envelope sliced off and the card looking like it had been kicked around on a dusty floor.
Unfortunately when I called yesterday to see where my card was it was logged as lost or stolen so I am waiting for a replacement.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by CrazyLilBlondie
Just received a text from barclaycard acknowledging there WAS a delay "We're very sorry about the delay in receiving your new Avios Barclaycard. It was due to an issue that has now been fixed and your card should be with you imminently". A little two late when a load of us have cancelled and requested a new one sent out.
Got the text too, there is no way in hell I'm paying the £20 fee for this month..
rum and CrazyLilBlondie like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by argonath
Got the text too, there is no way in hell I'm paying the £20 fee for this month..
They had no problem refunding me the fee when i rang yesterday so definitely try - will be even easier to request that now they have acknowledged there WAS a delay on their side. I've seen people also gain compensation between £30-£75 so i will be making an official complaint and asking for that as well.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Also got my card today in the damaged packaging. Credit card had fallen out as the postie pushed it through the letterbox, so was on my doormat! It's a wonder it survived passing through the postal system. Now the next problems begin. Went to activate the card online and keep getting an error message "Cannot activate, please try again later". Similar message when trying via the app.
CrazyLilBlondie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.