Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High-flying barrister, 41, and his family are removed from BA flight at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What evidence is there that the QC had been drinking? The only mention of alcohol I recall reading has been from contributors here who were not on board that particular aircraft.

Whilst there is no precise medical definition there is a plethora of case law out there that helps define what being ‘drunk’ actually means. From what has been reported, I cannot see if that threshold has been met.
I was merely answering a previous post which posited drink as a factor and was pointing out what a poor defence that would be.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Waterhorse
I was merely answering a previous post which posited drink as a factor and was pointing out what a poor defence that would be.
Indeed, the law is very clear on that point, the consumption of alcohol is rarely a mitigating factor or an adequate defence when facing a criminal prosecution and often when a defendant attempts to advance such a defence it can misfire and aggravate!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
We don’t know yet that BA caused anything ... I think we have to wait for the facts.
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
It will probably all come out eventually. ...
I await the full facts.
I wouldn't hold your breath. There doesn't seem to be any reason why any further facts about the incident will ever be publicly established. There doesn't seem to be any continuing investigation by anyone.
phuze, zen100 and Robert279 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just been given a life peerage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ife-peers.html
Markie, percysmith, CX HK and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:57 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Agent69
These update posts are always tricky… if i like it… am I liking Agent69 for providing us all an update… or am I liking the fact that the chap has been given a Life Peerage?

Last edited by BA or bust; Feb 10, 2024 at 8:46 am
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
It seems at least the paper has "confirmed" that the issue was the involuntary downgrade of said nanny. In the end, however they all acted (pax or crew), it was BA who caused the kurfuffle by over-selling the cabin...
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:07 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
A 'decent chap' behaved like a [twit],
All got ofloaded and led to a tat.
It all ended up as we knew it would,
He gets a peerage and we are all [suboptimalised]
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:47 am

From his profile:
  •  ”An undoubted intellect who quickly understands a problem and offers solutions.” (Legal 500 UK Bar)
  • “Responsive, proactive, willing to lead to draft, great advocate and strategist. Charles is brilliant on all counts; excellent oral and written advice and outstanding advocacy skills. He is very likeable as well.” (Legal 500 UK Bar)
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Rightly or wrongly, may confirm/ reinforce a lot of people in their views about recent approach to honours lists I guess….

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 10, 2024 at 9:18 am
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CX HK
From his profile:
  •  ”An undoubted intellect who quickly understands a problem and offers solutions.” (Legal 500 UK Bar)
  • “Responsive, proactive, willing to lead to draft, great advocate and strategist. Charles is brilliant on all counts; excellent oral and written advice and outstanding advocacy skills. He is very likeable as well.” (Legal 500 UK Bar)
.....may overreact in certain circumstances?
crazy8534 and Agent69 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
What will his title be? Lord Hissy Fit?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by YClass
It seems at least the paper has "confirmed" that the issue was the involuntary downgrade of said nanny. In the end, however they all acted (pax or crew), it was BA who caused the kurfuffle by over-selling the cabin...
I think it is risky in the extreme to consider anything in the DM to reach the level of "confirmation."
Door5L likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I feel sorry for the children. Clearly their parents were too pre-occupied to be bothered with them.
BlueThroughCrimp and greg5 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by CX HK
From his profile:
As if I was talking about myself.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:07 am
BTP

Programs: VS Gold, BA Silver (gold for ~10y 'til recently!)
Interesting to read this thread now for the first time!

It's also interesting how many people are willing to draw conclusions about the original affair for which there is limited/no evidence.

I don't know what happened, but I gladly surmise that the KC argued forcefully in his interests, which after all is his job, and which the BA CC entirely wrongly regarded as him being disruptive/abusive or whatever, hence the ultimate escalation of the captain returning to stand, and police being called.

It seems to be a feature of this wokeist, crybully world in which we live, that there is a creeping attempt to criminalise forcefully arguing in favour of one's interests!

I have several times been threatened with arrest for arguing - forcefully but lawfully - in the course of my travels, against some plainly (to me) wrongful action or inaction on the part of staff (BA (twice), Swiss, Heathrow Express and UKBF). UKBF at LCY was the most amusing - I dared him to carry through with his threat of calling the police to have me arrested (I thought they had powers of arrest?). He meekly backed down!
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.