Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Coates55
A quick question if I may. Am currently Silver. If tier Point collection ends on September 8, 2022 but the card expiry date is shown as 31 October 2022, is it the latter date that determines lounge access etc. etc and not the actual tier collection expiry date? I presume so but would welcome confirmation.
Many thanks in advance
Yes, you receive all the Silver benefits until your card expiry date.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:50 am

Excellent- Many thanks for the quick response
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Hi guys,
I am currently on a run to achieve the Gold tier for the first time and currently I have the silver card which says that expire on 31.1.2024. My tier points year ends on December 8th and I have planned trip on mid-October which will get me the missing TP for the Gold tier. I wanted to ask what will be the card expire date then? It will still be 31.1.2024 or it will be a different date?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by casey89
Hi guys,
I am currently on a run to achieve the Gold tier for the first time and currently I have the silver card which says that expire on 31.1.2024. My tier points year ends on December 8th and I have planned trip on mid-October which will get me the missing TP for the Gold tier. I wanted to ask what will be the card expire date then? It will still be 31.1.2024 or it will be a different date?
You would become a gold and card expiry date would be 31.1.2024.
casey89 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, BAEC Silver, AC, HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
My current Gold Card expiry date is on 31 Jul 2024 and the tier points collection year ends on 8 Jun 2023. Does it mean regardless if I have meet the gold renewal requirements, I will still get another year of Gold next year? What if I do get enough tier points by 8 Jun 2023? Do I get an extra year? Thank you!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by anthony.a
My current Gold Card expiry date is on 31 Jul 2024 and the tier points collection year ends on 8 Jun 2023. Does it mean regardless if I have meet the gold renewal requirements, I will still get another year of Gold next year? What if I do get enough tier points by 8 Jun 2023? Do I get an extra year? Thank you!
There is no need to attempt to renew status by 8 Jun 2023 as you are Gold until 31 Jul 2024. The only benefit to earning TP by 8 Jun 2023 is that they count towards lifetime gold. You only need to start earning TP again after 9 Jun 2023 to renew status by 8 Jun 2024.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:34 am

Does anyone have a working link to the 2022 Tier Point Run thread? The one provided a few posts back seems to link to a closed thread and google isn’t being helpful either
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mastutio
Does anyone have a working link to the 2022 Tier Point Run thread? The one provided a few posts back seems to link to a closed thread and google isn’t being helpful either
This is the current one and is a continuous one from 2021.

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
mastutio and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: VFF BAECBlue PCPlatinum Bonvoy Platinum
I am travelling return LHR to Melbourne on Malaysia Airlines via KL I have worked out the Avios & Tier Points I will earn (I hope correctly) on the 4 flights & the Tier Points should be 600 which I assumed would take me to Silver but I believe you also need two qualifying flights along with the required Tier Points to do so. As my flights will be with a partner airline and have MH codes will I actually qualify for Silver ? I cant seem to find the info on the BA site. Help appreciated please.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CONCORDE1969
I am travelling return LHR to Melbourne on Malaysia Airlines via KL I have worked out the Avios & Tier Points I will earn (I hope correctly) on the 4 flights & the Tier Points should be 600 which I assumed would take me to Silver but I believe you also need two qualifying flights along with the required Tier Points to do so. As my flights will be with a partner airline and have MH codes will I actually qualify for Silver ? I cant seem to find the info on the BA site. Help appreciated please.
You will need 4 qualifying flights and that means

- BA operated OR BA marketed (the flight doesn't need to be both in this case, so a BA codeshare operated by EI would be fine)
- IB operated ANDmarketed

So until you do the 4 qualifying flights you won't go up to silver I am afraid.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: VFF BAECBlue PCPlatinum Bonvoy Platinum
Thank you, I really must start using all the Avios I have already! Its actually Bronze not Silver I was thinking off so I think I would probably need just the 2 BA flights for that, which would be easily doable?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Has BA ended its partnership with Booking.com as a means of earning Avios? They don't appear in the list of accommodation partners anymore.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I have an old Avios account with a negligible amount of lifetime TP and Avios in it (89!) because I drained it a while back. Current expiry month is June. I have 2 trips in December & March coming up that will put me at Silver.

Can I just create a new Avios account in early December and thus extend my status by more than half a year and just use the new number/account going forward? Do I need to close my old account somehow first, otherwise BA will get upset?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Deckter
Has BA ended its partnership with Booking.com as a means of earning Avios? They don't appear in the list of accommodation partners anymore.
I noticed this also but then i changed BA site preference to united kingdom and it is still there:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...h_ecavshotels2

They have made changes though how the partnership works. Now you have to book through their BA shopping portal.
Deckter likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I received notice that my Avios will expire in 12 months. I understand that to preserve them I need to either spend some or earn more. Question: if I spend by flying do I need to fly within the 12 months or can I book within the 12 months for a flight that goes after the 12 months?

Thanks …

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.