Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PCR within 2 days of arrival into UK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
What about my airfare? The rapid tests are less accurate. Let's say I do test positive 24-48 hours before departure. Then what? It still doesn't prevent you from testing positive after you arrive in the UK because you can still contract the virus on the plane.
I could be wrong, but you won't test positive on landing if you caught the virus on the plane. There isn't enough time for incubation.
flyerkit and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by SonTech
Its because a PCR test can indicate what the variant is. This new strain is a lot easier to spot when doing a PCR than previous ones. LFTs do not tell you what variant it is. This is the whole point of doing PCR tests in this situation, to try and see where the new variant is coming in from.
So self-isolating until you’ve taken a (supposedly equally-accurate) LFT, and PCR testing those who come up positive would achieve the same tracing while not killing short trips…?

On another note: anyone know what ExpressTest’s usual timeline is for results? Meant to be arriving Thursday afternoon for my Dad’s retirement thing Friday morning, so 10pm Friday isn’t much good. NL labs were generally delivering results overnight, at least last time we had to get PCRs.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:53 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is a UK-wide issue rather than specific to BA, as you might expect it’s already being discussed at length and in better detail elsewhere on FT.

To try and keep as much critical information as possible in one place, we’ll close this thread and ask for further questions/clarifications to be posted in the existing thread in the Coronavirus & Travel forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...val-tests.html

/mod
scoonee, alex67500 and HP28 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.