Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 3:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Does BA flog fast-track to those not automatically entitled to it through BAEC status or class of travel? ...
No, BA doesn't sell Fast Track but it can be bought from many sources.

Meanwhile, over in T2 this morning:

Old May 24, 2022, 7:47 am

I am on the BA1407 departing 20:15 on Thursday evening. I was going to purchase fast track but the airport website isn't selling it.

Are there any recent experiences of the security queue for this flight? The earliest I will be at the airport is 18:45
Old May 24, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
I am on the BA1407 departing 20:15 on Thursday evening. I was going to purchase fast track but the airport website isn't selling it.

Are there any recent experiences of the security queue for this flight? The earliest I will be at the airport is 18:45
You should be fine at that time, the main issues normally affect the early morning departures.
lfc84 likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold

You should be alright at around that time. The last major wave of Ryanair flights go out between 1600-1900, from then on you've usually only got half a dozen or so flights out of T3 for the remainder of the evening including the BA(s).
lfc84 likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are any of those sources non-airline, meaning somewhere a BA passenger could buy the pass when the airport isn't selling?

Posters like our friend below (and above ) might benefit from that knowledge.

I was going to purchase fast track but the airport website isn't selling it.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Are any of those sources non-airline, meaning somewhere a BA passenger could buy the pass when the airport isn't selling?

Posters like our friend below (and above ) might benefit from that knowledge.
Yes. The MAN website is the obvious place, but they have been switching Fast Track passes off. It’s also possible to buy or bundle a Fast Track pass with lounge access or parking from third-party websites.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Meanwhile, over in T2 this morning:

https://twitter.com/Elwick70/status/1528931609487060993
That's the queue for check in (TUI I'd guess), so not sure what relevance it has to Security, Fastrack or BA?

TUI / Swissport are a basket case at the moment.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
This may be (i) new, (ii) old and prior cab/uber drivers didn't care and/or (iii) my driver last night had the wrong end of the stick.

I was told last night that cab/uber/friends & family (not black cab) could no longer collect from the T3 short term car park. That car park was now exclusively for MAG's own valet parking service.

Collection (other than black cab) could only be made from a collection point (fee paying of course), which is accessed on foot by heading left out of T3 towards T1 but then along the (uncovered) road past the police station, cross over the road and into an open area.

It was late and dark so I didn't see if this area could be accessed through the short term car park were it to be raining, and my driver collected me in the short term car park (then struggled to get out - blamed on the car park exit barrier passes now being set for MAG valet exit only).
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:44 pm

The airport website still indicates the pickup point for T3 is the T3 Multi Story car park: https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...-and-drop-off/

I will ask at the airport tomorrow to confirm.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Prior to Covid, the Uber pickup points seemed to change regularly. It annoyed everyone… Uber, the drivers and the passengers. No doubt MAG prioritising their own cab firm, and making it awkward for other companies.

I wouldn’t mind so much, but Street Cars (I assume it’s still them) are absolute crap. At least Arrow and Club had cars available that would rip you off. Street Cars will get most of the way through your booking and then tell you “it will be across the road in about 25 minutes!”.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rjn21
This may be (i) new, (ii) old and prior cab/uber drivers didn't care and/or (iii) my driver last night had the wrong end of the stick.

I was told last night that cab/uber/friends & family (not black cab) could no longer collect from the T3 short term car park. That car park was now exclusively for MAG's own valet parking service.

Collection (other than black cab) could only be made from a collection point (fee paying of course), which is accessed on foot by heading left out of T3 towards T1 but then along the (uncovered) road past the police station, cross over the road and into an open area.

It was late and dark so I didn't see if this area could be accessed through the short term car park were it to be raining, and my driver collected me in the short term car park (then struggled to get out - blamed on the car park exit barrier passes now being set for MAG valet exit only).
I did this yesterday afternoon. The pick up point is an open car park sign-posted T3 Pick Up and although the signs take you left out of the terminal you end up coming round to next to the entrance to T3 Meet & Greet. I wasn’t able to determine if it was possible to cut through the T3 multi-story or weather walking right from the terminal is better.

I was relieved that Uber are now picking up from T3 as Street Cars were Charing Ł15 more for my trip.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, so the car park I have circled is the T3 pick up car park which is what I think you are referring to. You actually access it if driving by going in to the multi storey (red arrows) and exit by going back in to the multi storey (blue arrows). I am not sure about cutting through the multi storey if walking, but tbh I would tend to walk on the pavement as shown by the green arrows.

DYKWIA, MaxFlyer and Tobias-UK like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
Some decent enough food in the lounge. Would be raiding the cheese plate for sure
Is it just business class that gets you in, and/or a gold card?
Originally Posted by navylad
the food is nice, but sadly no variety so it is the same on every visit. It does become a little boring if you fly from MAN regularly.
All made from scratch by actual chefs. No microwave techs.

The menu does change every so often (and has done in the last few weeks), but the mainstay of the clientele are the pre-booked once a year bucket & spade crowd, so there isn't much incentive to vary it much.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:43 pm

The food in the T3 Escape lounge is definitely better than what was being served in the BA lounge. Better quality and greater variety IMO.
I especially like their croissants which are fresh and soft and great if you manage to get them when they’ve just come out of the oven.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, so the car park I have circled is the T3 pick up car park which is what I think you are referring to. You actually access it if driving by going in to the multi storey (red arrows) and exit by going back in to the multi storey (blue arrows). I am not sure about cutting through the multi storey if walking, but tbh I would tend to walk on the pavement as shown by the green arrows.

If I recall correctly, the signage takes you around the police station (yellow line).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.