Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:37 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by mguinness
Had a confusing experience last Friday when uploading test results for entry into USA with manual review option. Did the BinaxNow test using Navica and got a negative result. First tried uploading a screenshot of the PDF from eMed Labs which wasn't accepted. Then tried uploading image of pass from Navica app which wasn't accepted - but this worked for someone else who was travelling. Then tried uploading the screenshot of the PDF again and it was finally accepted. So I suppose the moral of the story is if you don't at first succeed, try, try again. I guess it depends on who manually reviews the uploaded image, but it isn't consistent. I never tried uploading the PDF document from eMed as it's password protected which I thought would cause difficulties.
Yes, they seem to have trouble validating the BinaxNOW results. I had to upload 2-3 times when I flying from the US to the UK a few weeks ago. Eventually it was accepted.
mguinness likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:14 pm

I went to use it at the weekend for the first time, expecting to need to show the staff at bag drop my phone/app, but they saw everything they needed in their system. It took all of one minute to get things done, including a "it's nice to be flying again" chat, printing bag tags etc. Very efficient.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:01 pm
mhy

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I went to use it at the weekend for the first time, expecting to need to show the staff at bag drop my phone/app, but they saw everything they needed in their system. It took all of one minute to get things done, including a "it's nice to be flying again" chat, printing bag tags etc. Very efficient.
Yes it seems that they have access to our VeriFLY data through their system, at least for BA @ LHR. I didn't even need to show them the app, I just told them I had VeriFLY and I was good to go.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Used Verifly for PMI back to LCY. OLCI worked fine and hang baggage only, so didn't see the check-in desk. At gate, initially got asked to show test results but when I mentioned Verifly they were happy to see the ticks in the app.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Worked well here in KEF. Travelling J so used CE check in which, thankfully, was empty. Check in agent looked very happy to see our green ticks and issued boarding cards rapidly.

The queue for economy check in was very long, lots of faffing with paper and mobile phones.

Not sure if it was a feature before Covid but should be noted that fast track security is not included with status or J tickets. Seems only Iceland airlines pay for this according to the board before fast track.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Was in a rush yesterday and didn't have time to print anything. Thank goodness Verifly worked like a charm at BOS check-in
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Has anyone used the app for connecting flights? And if so would you add separate "passes" for each segment?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:32 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I flew out of Manchester last week and the CE queue was out of the building with people having to show the documents for connecting flights. Took over 45 mins to get through. I was at the desk for no more than 3 minutes as I had completed Verfily. It would make sense to me for BA to have a Vefifly OK desk. This might encourage more to use the app
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
VeriFLY easily accepted September 20 in IBZ for a flight to LHR connecting to IAD (so two VeriFLY checks per person). No printed documentation needed to be shown to anyone.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
My wife and I used VeriFLY leaving Malta yesterday. Verification must have taken all of five seconds. Transferring from LHR to EDI, when we finally got to the Flight Transfer Border Control desk, after about 50 minutes, we simply showed our passports, told them we had travelled from Malta and were waved through.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA MP
Flying BA 284/632 SFO-LHR-ATH in a few days.

Despite numerous emails from BA asking me to use Verifly, when I attempt to enter my flight information, it only allows AA and I forgot one other airline, but NOT BA.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by DH77024
Flying BA 284/632 SFO-LHR-ATH in a few days.

Despite numerous emails from BA asking me to use Verifly, when I attempt to enter my flight information, it only allows AA and I forgot one other airline, but NOT BA.

Am I doing something wrong?
VeriFLY is not available for BA to Greece. I have the same issue with Bahamas. BA keep sending emails/texts saying use it but the destination is not supported by VeriFLY for BA. Maybe BA only mean your UK leg?

https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-...ritish-Airways

Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by Mr Silver K
VeriFLY is not available for BA to Greece. I have the same issue with Bahamas. BA keep sending emails/texts saying use it but the destination is not supported by VeriFLY for BA. Maybe BA only mean your UK leg?

I thought about doing VeriFly just for the leg from SFO-LHR, but then I assume VeriFly will expect me to satisfy all the multi-day test requirements, which are not necessary for a transit passenger going through to Greece.

I figure I don't want to open that can of worms and will just bring all my documents to the check-in desk in SFO.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by DH77024
I thought about doing VeriFly just for the leg from SFO-LHR, but then I assume VeriFly will expect me to satisfy all the multi-day test requirements, which are not necessary for a transit passenger going through to Greece.

I figure I don't want to open that can of worms and will just bring all my documents to the check-in desk in SFO.
All VeriFLY checks is the UK requirement for a negative test 3 days before (which is required even for transit). For the post-arrival booking portion just put like 0000 on the screen for the PLF upload and you're fine.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I noticed that Verifly now had an option for Switzerland, so I used that to check in today. Seems to have worked great. Much better than the useless IATA app. Checkin agent was quite happy to see that I'd used Verifly, flashed her the green checks and I was done for both SEA-LHR and LHR-ZRH.

Originally Posted by Mr Silver K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.