Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:49 am

Malta

As per the previous post Malta airport checkin this morning did not care I spent ages setting up verifly in the nicest possible way!. Still had to show eplf and covid test passes on the phone to the check in agent but obviously not a big deal.

Lavalette lounge is very nice but covid spacing has restricted tables the fair bit.

I am now praying LHR immigration is not too bad...
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFL
Originally Posted by 225SG
As per the previous post Malta airport checkin this morning did not care I spent ages setting up verifly in the nicest possible way!. Still had to show eplf and covid test passes on the phone to the check in agent but obviously not a big deal.

Lavalette lounge is very nice but covid spacing has restricted tables the fair bit.

I am now praying LHR immigration is not too bad...
I flew back on Sunday from Malta and Verifly was accepted.

Strange its so inconsistent there.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Is there any reason (or is it even possible) to upload docs to MMB a few days prior to departure on 125 ticket but on AA metal? (DFW-LHR). Verifly doesn’t seem to be updating AA flights past Aug 31
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:43 am

Can I have some help please?

Am I being stupid, flight at 9am from T5. Test booked (one of the 30 min Jobs) at 7am? Is it still enough time to check in and get verified or do I need to rebook a new test? Has anyone else done this?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by willismac

Am I being stupid, flight at 9am from T5. Test booked (one of the 30 min Jobs) at 7am? Is it still enough time to check in and get verified or do I need to rebook a new test? Has anyone else done this?
Why not do it the day before if possible?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Used Verifly out of JMK yesterday and the check in agent still wanted to see the test results, otherwise she accepted Verifly for the PLF.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Blue
I used Verifly for a family of 4 coming back from Santorini the week before last. Check-in agent took a cursory look and accepted it.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by willismac

book the day before, checkin bags when cleared and avoid the queues in T5 the next day
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:58 am

Just tried to use Verifly to add my NHS vaccine certificate, it rejects it as invalid because the vaccine is Novavax (I'm in a trial).

This is incorrect of Verifly, UK government has confirmed that trial volunteers with Novavax are to be treated the same as if they'd had an approved vaccine, which is why NHS issue the certificate!

Makes no difference in practice, but disappointing that Verifly can't get this right.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I did this yesterday for my flight to Greece today - in MMB there is a link to upload documents for travel - in my case proof of vaccination, and the PLF for Greece.
You receive a tracking reference number in an email in return - which for me said my reference couldn’t be found when I kept checking its progress, until it was approved, so don’t be put off by this.
Once approved I received 2 green ticks for the documents, and the checkin agent this morning was able to verify this, and just wanted to see the physical PLF.

Pretty easy to do.
How long did it take for your docs to be approved? Uploaded mine 48 hours prior to departure when I got the notification and 25 hours prior to departure they've not yet been approved.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:33 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by marble35
How long did it take for your docs to be approved? Uploaded mine 48 hours prior to departure when I got the notification and 25 hours prior to departure they've not yet been approved.
I would guesstimate it was about 24 hours. I think you are probably close to being approved assuming the docs are ok. I remember it was approved the day before travel.
As I said - the tracking number is nonsense (unless they fixed it since I traveled 2 weeks ago) which is annoying as you can’t even track it in the system.

Do let everyone know when you are approved (or not - hopefully not the case) as it gives everyone an extra idea of how long these things are taking….
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:58 am

Attempted to use Verifly for a recent trip to Pula, Croatia.

For the outbound trip the app had the Croatia entry requirements wrong (you now need a test even if fully vaccinated). They acknowledged the error and said the app would be updated but it was not. Not before my trip anyway.

On the return trip, the check-in agent didn't recognise the app at all: "never heard of it".
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I would guesstimate it was about 24 hours. I think you are probably close to being approved assuming the docs are ok. I remember it was approved the day before travel.
As I said - the tracking number is nonsense (unless they fixed it since I traveled 2 weeks ago) which is annoying as you can’t even track it in the system.

Do let everyone know when you are approved (or not - hopefully not the case) as it gives everyone an extra idea of how long these things are taking….
Documents approved 3 hours before departure which then allowed me to check in via app. 2 adults fully vaccinated, two kids exempt.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:13 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by marble35
Documents approved 3 hours before departure which then allowed me to check in via app. 2 adults fully vaccinated, two kids exempt.
Wow that is cutting it fine. I’d have been nervous! I was nervous the day before let alone 3 hours. At least it came through. Squeaky bum time proper.

Have a super trip marble35!!

Also if you get chance - feed back how much your return to UK tests cost. My hotel charged €35 for a lateral flow test. Was a smooth process. The price still stings when you can do an identical test via the NHS for free. Hey ho the price we pay to travel these days.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:22 pm

Had a relatively painless VeriFLY experience, but only noteworthy thing was that at LGW the staff asked if we had completed VeriFLY before recommending the appropriate line which was about 12 pax deep.

I had my first mildly DYKWIA moment where I advised we were in J and would it be ok to join the empty club check-in queue….he said I guess so…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.