Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AA agents could be a hit or miss. As mentioned in other threads ( the CMN-MIA fare thread is a good example of this specific case ), people sometimes were able to get their origins changed but sometimes they would be pushed by an agent stating that " there is another flight at xxx out of your original point of departure ". If someone has time to HUACA multiple times until he finds a willing agent, yes, switching BUD to another city would work, but it should be expected that it wouldn't be a smooth and easy process and might not worth the time spent on waiting for an agent, etc... several times.
Oh yes, I know, thank you. Also, I tend to use the chat because it's way easier for me than the phone and it's really the luck of the draw if you reach an agent with good knowledge or a less competent one. The first time I had to change flights due to multiple cancellations on a BUD-HNL run, I had to "call" back twice to fix the problems created by agent number 1.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Seems to be some good fares out of DUB the beginning of next year. East coast coming in around £1100 and west coast at £1300, more destinations than I’ve seen cheaply before.

Here’s an example of a 600TP trip to SFO:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...sas=1&curr=GBP
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:41 am

Hi all,

Newbie here, I need 130 points to maintain silver (my year cuts off on 8th Oct and they won't reduce the thresholds for me). Any tips on how best to do it over the next month?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
Seems to be some good fares out of DUB the beginning of next year. East coast coming in around £1100 and west coast at £1300, more destinations than I’ve seen cheaply before.

Here’s an example of a 600TP trip to SFO:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...sas=1&curr=GBP
Plenty of options to make it 720TP too, this is £1307

Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrfurty
Hi all,

Newbie here, I need 130 points to maintain silver (my year cuts off on 8th Oct and they won't reduce the thresholds for me). Any tips on how best to do it over the next month?
You're going to have to give us more info. Specifically constraints and preferences like destinations you want to avoid, preferred days, etc. and especially preferred departure airport. You could be anywhere for all we know.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hi IFE Wizard. I arrived at JFK this evening on BA179 and I'm flying to LAX at 0600 tomorrow morning. I had no issue getting through security at T8. It was noted that my flight is for the following day, but that was it. The problem encountered on arrival to JFK was they made us wait for 20 minutes to dissembark because of long queues at immigration, 2-3 hour waiting time was mentioned. I only have hand-luggage and I also have Global Entry so once off the aircraft I was in T8 within 20 minutes. I hope this helps.
Lefly and Sifu like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
What is very interesting about this fare is that it covers a whole bunch of small airports which I've not seen before. Boise, Flagstaff, Walla Walla, Salt Lake City (ok, not small, but not BA destination) and Reno. Probably a whole bunch more if you know where to look.

Of course the fare covers what is mostly effectively snowland areas during January to March, but still, it's different.

But since you bounce via PHX, or DFW, or SEA, it's less of TP run, and more of an interesting TP holiday. Just tried ITA and it seems ok to bounce via JFK, making DUB-LHR-JFK-PHX-FLG at 720tp for under £2 a TP.
BravoKilo and Bluekjp like this.

Last edited by Smid; Sep 9, 2022 at 2:56 am
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Now BA have extended their double TP offer on flights with Hotel or car hire (5 days) I was wondering who had good routes?
I can do this:
BA:J:JER-LHR
AA:I:LHR-JFK
AA:I:JFK-CLT
AA:I:CLT-LAX
AA:I:LAX-CLT
AA:I:CLT-JFK
AA:I:JFK-LHR
BA:J:LHR-JER

720 TP x2 so 1440 for just over £2K pp based on 2 sharing a hotel

Wondered if anyone had other routes maybe going east for variety!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanC
Now BA have extended their double TP offer on flights with Hotel or car hire (5 days) I was wondering who had good routes?
I can do this:
BA:J:JER-LHR
AA:I:LHR-JFK
AA:I:JFK-CLT
AA:I:CLT-LAX
AA:I:LAX-CLT
AA:I:CLT-JFK
AA:I:JFK-LHR
BA:J:LHR-JER

720 TP x2 so 1440 for just over £2K pp based on 2 sharing a hotel

Wondered if anyone had other routes maybe going east for variety!
The flights all need to be on BA codes for the double TP offer
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by BR787
You're going to have to give us more info. Specifically constraints and preferences like destinations you want to avoid, preferred days, etc. and especially preferred departure airport. You could be anywhere for all we know.
Fair shout - my apologies. Can go on any date between now and 8th Oct, and live in the Midlands UK, so LHR is easiest. Looking to do the minimum possible to get the points needed.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:03 am

100 Points needed

Hi
im a newbie to point runs. I will need 100 points to retain my level by end of year and am please asking for the cheapest and quickest way to do it, ideally in November.
i would prefer to go from LHR and go and come back on the same day.

many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Any suggestions for a 945 TP run from the Middle East or Northern/Central Europe? My TP clock was just reset, but I'll earn 180 TP over the next two days (DXB-LHR-BER) and I think I might just go for Gold again (though the benefits over Silver are rather marginal for me, but with the lowered requirements... why not).
Maybe something like ARN-LHR-JER + JER-LHR-LAX-LHR-JER (BA Holidays) + JER-LHR-ARN (or JER-LHR-DXB)...? Or maybe there are some good offers for DXB? I bounce back and forth between Dubai and Europe anyway... AY HEL-DXB is cheap, but I from what I recall, the TP earnings aren't great...

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Sep 9, 2022 at 8:18 am
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaXray
Hi IFE Wizard. I arrived at JFK this evening on BA179 and I'm flying to LAX at 0600 tomorrow morning. I had no issue getting through security at T8. It was noted that my flight is for the following day, but that was it. The problem encountered on arrival to JFK was they made us wait for 20 minutes to dissembark because of long queues at immigration, 2-3 hour waiting time was mentioned. I only have hand-luggage and I also have Global Entry so once off the aircraft I was in T8 within 20 minutes. I hope this helps.
Hi Alphaxray. Sorry for the late response but I have been offline for a couple of days. Your information is great news for me. I wasn't sure that they would allow me to go through security the day before but you have now put my mind at rest. Thank you.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
I had the same kind of overnight in JFK on my DUB-HNL run original routing and I really didn't like it; then AA cancelled a couple of flights and I "traded" it with a LAX overnight, way better for my taste.
So, sorry but I don't know the answer to your question as I stopped searching for info... I know last time I went to JFK at 6am there was people sleeping landside and the first results from google didn't seem encouraging for access with a next day BP.
By the way, I'm going in November too. .
Hi Lefly. I have now received a reply from AlphaXray who did manage to clear security at the AA terminal after arriving at JFK on a BA flight.

Sounds very "do-able". This will save me £200 on hotel bill.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
I

So, sorry but I don't know the answer to your question as I stopped searching for info... I know last time I went to JFK at 6am there was people sleeping landside and the first results from google didn't seem encouraging for access with a next day BP.
By the way, I'm going in November too. .
Just noticed that you plan on being in HNL in Nov. My trip is for the first week of November. If any dates overlap let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.