Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
AMS, BER, BRU, DUS, FRA, FCO all down to a fairly skeleton service now for most of the month. I wonder if they are proceeding alphabetically by airport code?

Cancellations seem to be mainline only rather than CityFlyer at the moment.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
I had flights booked to INV in late March and they’ve been cancelled this evening.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal
AMS, BER, BRU, DUS, FRA, FCO all down to a fairly skeleton service now for most of the month. I wonder if they are proceeding alphabetically by airport code?

Cancellations seem to be mainline only rather than CityFlyer at the moment.
Yep, they did the same thing last time - European SH tends to come through alphabetically. However most flights are already 0'd out, just waiting for the cancellation emails now.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by just_starting
Yep, they did the same thing last time - European SH tends to come through alphabetically. However most flights are already 0'd out, just waiting for the cancellation emails now.
Looking at TATL flights in April and May - currently zeroed out... .
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:11 am

Zurich flight 6th March binned today - now just 1 rotation on the Saturday. That’s the ski holiday gone ( although we had given up on that last year ). Writing this year off as well now - Isle of Wight in the summer it is - hopefully
DaveS and Nephoi like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Weeelegs
Our BA holiday to MLE has just died. Outbound 19th returning 27th March. Booked using the 747 business seats deal 😢. Will probably never find a deal like that to the Maldives again. Looks like down to 1 a week or connection through DOH. Cancellation number 5 for us!!

i was under the understanding that if BA cancel you get free rebook to dates of your choice
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:12 am
Suspended

Does BA know something about the travel restrictions in March that isn't publicly available? Seems like a lot of preemptive cancellations when we don't know the landscape?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:39 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Does BA know something about the travel restrictions in March that isn't publicly available? Seems like a lot of preemptive cancellations when we don't know the landscape?
They have definitely taken the view that it is going to be lockdown levels of travel for the whole of March (at least on short haul which is what I have been keeping an eye on). I have been trying to work out it there is a way of easily generating a list of what's running. You could previously do that (for a single day at least) using FlightStats but that now seems to be part of the paid service.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I just had:

March 18 - BA 703 VIE-LHR
March 22 BA 706 LHR-VIE
canceled.

So far, I've requested refunds for 2 out of the 3 booking I made in December, when I got caught up in a flurry of optimism after the vaccine was announced.

Edited to add - the Austrian (or German?) call center has been amazing - really nice, helpful service the two times in the past week I've had to call them.

Last edited by dcmike; Jan 18, 2021 at 5:25 am
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dcmike
I just had:

March 18 - BA 703 VIE-LHR
March 22 BA 706 LHR-VIE
canceled.

So far, I've requested refunds for 2 out of the 3 booking I made in December, when I got caught up in a flurry of optimism after the vaccine was announced.

Edited to add - the Austrian (or German?) call center has been amazing - really nice, helpful service the two times in the past week I've had to call them.

yeah, that's Bremen. they are awesome!
cancellation waves like these are always a good opportunity to thank them. they are doing a great job and try to help as much as they can/are allowed to. I don't want to do that job in these times.

wait time on the gold line are about 15 minutes this morning.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Has anyone used the online cancellation/refund form - if so, what timescales for refunds to appear?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by CKBA
Looking at TATL flights in April and May - currently zeroed out... .
Expert Flyer has a big warning at the top that everything with a US point of sale is currently showing as zero, so you may want to check that setting as I’m not seeing things zeroed out when choosing the UK pos.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Weeelegs
Our BA holiday to MLE has just died. Outbound 19th returning 27th March. Booked using the 747 business seats deal 😢. Will probably never find a deal like that to the Maldives again. Looks like down to 1 a week or connection through DOH. Cancellation number 5 for us!!
Did you try a dummy booking in economy, LHR-MLE seems to be sold in club on a few days. BA are swapping a lot of the flights to the refitted 777 with the club suite to accommodate more club passengers, hence EF isnt working on some dates.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
At the weekend the government said they will start to ease restrictions in March. They also previously said this will start with Schools, adding other freedoms incrementally.
BA have probably just realised that unrestricted travel is likely far down the list of priority re-openings
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by A P Yu
At the weekend the government said they will start to ease restrictions in March. They also previously said this will start with Schools, adding other freedoms incrementally.
BA have probably just realised that unrestricted travel is likely far down the list of priority re-openings
I would read that as schools vs. pubs, restaurants, or allowing more mixing vs. travel per se.

My expectation is that as lockdown ends and the country moves to a Tier 1-3 or Tier 1-4 system, at least those first few tiers are not going to have a formal non-essential international travel ban. Time will tell I guess....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.