Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Not just reward space - no paid space either. BKK looks to have been pulled completely. BKK-HKG-LHR on CX then BA seems to be the alternative route home on BA.
We were booked BKK March on a 241 in BA J and got cancelled as well. Called BA and they popped us onto QR to Doha and then QR to BKK (Q-Suites both sectors) and then CX BKK to HKG and BA to LHR. All very painless with no fees (rightly so) and we got the seats we wanted. It’s worth a call to BA if you want to plan ahead/hedge your bets that Thailand will be open by then and don’t mind the Doha/HKG connection and at worst, you get your Avios and taxes back if it doesn’t happen and you end up glamping in a green and pleasant English field (shudder, come on Thailand!).
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
We were booked BKK March on a 241 in BA J and got cancelled as well. Called BA and they popped us onto QR to Doha and then QR to BKK (Q-Suites both sectors) and then CX BKK to HKG and BA to LHR. All very painless with no fees (rightly so) and we got the seats we wanted. It’s worth a call to BA if you want to plan ahead/hedge your bets that Thailand will be open by then and don’t mind the Doha/HKG connection and at worst, you get your Avios and taxes back if it doesn’t happen and you end up glamping in a green and pleasant English field (shudder, come on Thailand!).
We're not holding our breath on Thailand opening up by March.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Blue, EasyJet+
Quick question - with everything going in the UK just now (particularly with Scotland going into essentially a 2nd lockdown) I'm reluctant to travel to the USA in March 2021. As it stands, my BA flights are all still confirmed (with aircraft changes and a small, 15 minute, time change on one of the flights) but I ideally want to cancel. I know that if I hang off until nearer the time there is a good chance that one (or all) of the flights will end up getting cancelled. Problem is, I don't really want to wait and want to get a full refund sooner so that BA can then re-sell the seats if the flights all still go ahead. Is there anyway that this can be achieved, or am I just going to need to ride it out and wait for BA to cancel at least one of my flights so I can get a full refund?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer1991
Quick question - with everything going in the UK just now (particularly with Scotland going into essentially a 2nd lockdown) I'm reluctant to travel to the USA in March 2021. As it stands, my BA flights are all still confirmed (with aircraft changes and a small, 15 minute, time change on one of the flights) but I ideally want to cancel. I know that if I hang off until nearer the time there is a good chance that one (or all) of the flights will end up getting cancelled. Problem is, I don't really want to wait and want to get a full refund sooner so that BA can then re-sell the seats if the flights all still go ahead. Is there anyway that this can be achieved, or am I just going to need to ride it out and wait for BA to cancel at least one of my flights so I can get a full refund?
Only if you’re happy to take the money as travel credit (FTV), not if you want it as cash. Assuming of course you don’t have a fully flex ticket, in which case standard terms apply. Otherwise it’s a voluntary refund in line with whatever fare rules you agreed at point of purchase.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
all BER-LCY flights prior to 03/28/ got cancelled. what a lovely coincidence... rebook the flight to September (outbound to LHR and inbound ex LCY) since these flights were really really cheap.So i can take those 80 TP into the next collecting year 05/21-05/22.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
DUB-LCY cancelled in March.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, BAEC Gold
I have an open jaw booked using a 241 in the 50% off sale, in Club, 11 March MAN-LHR-SCL 26 March EZE-LHR-MAN. The purpose was a trekking trip to Patagonia, but the trek has been cancelled. The flights are still showing as operating, but obviously my preference is to get rebooked for a future trip. This would be November 21, but no direct flights are showing for November. I knew they had been suspended for summer but thought that they might return for the winter season.

I am bit of a novice at all this, my husband used to book all our itineraries. Does anyone have (a) any advice, (b) any insight into operations to SCL?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 5:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the problem is even if they are cancelled, you can only rebook up to a year from when you originally made the booking. For the 50% sale bookings this will be up to October 2021. Added to that, it seems there are several reports of agents saying you can only rebook these avios sale bookings up to the original sale period, so to end of June 2021.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, BAEC Gold
Would the year limit be reset if I were to accept a rebooking for say April, that was then cancelled again, so I then rebook for November? Or would the original October limit still apply?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Callipygia
Would the year limit be reset if I were to accept a rebooking for say April, that was then cancelled again, so I then rebook for November? Or would the original October limit still apply?
You can't normally avoid the October 2021 deadline, which is the one year expiry of the source coupon. Mistakes doubtless happen, but in essence you can only count on a June deadline under the 50% terms, and October if you pay the extra Avios. Be wary of maybe bookings.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Posted in error
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:02 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
I don't see BA flying any A380s this year.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HB7
I don't see BA flying any A380s this year.
So you think LHR-JNB demand from passengers in December won’t be strong enough to fill A380s?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:57 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by TravelNew
So you think LHR-JNB demand from passengers in December won’t be strong enough to fill A380s?
Absolutely not. Hopefully by December there are no restrictions for travel between the UK and Sth Africa, but this will be touch and go. There definitely won't be enough demand to fill an A380 however.

Apart from Emirates, you won't see any passenger A380 services till possibly late 2022 - IF A380's are still around.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Apart from Emirates, you won't see any passenger A380 services till possibly late 2022 - IF A380's are still around.
Just as a note, China Southern also restarted their A380 flights a couple of months ago, both on West Coast routes, AFAIK some LAX and YVR flights and on European routes, AFAIK currently only CDG and AMS, but possibly a few other worldwide cities as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.