Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:46 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by mikkelhk
Just as a note, China Southern also restarted their A380 flights a couple of months ago, both on West Coast routes, AFAIK some LAX and YVR flights and on European routes, AFAIK currently only CDG and AMS, but possibly a few other worldwide cities as well.
Thanks for the correction I clearly made a mistake there. Hopefully more A380's grace the skies soon, although I'm just not sure how
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
My LHR-KEF-LHR flights have been retimed for mid march leaving 3 hours later on the outbound and 2 hour later on the inbound. Currently got fingers crossed for a cancellation as i don't think the time change allows for a refund under the new rules?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ceej123
My LHR-KEF-LHR flights have been retimed for mid march leaving 3 hours later on the outbound and 2 hour later on the inbound. Currently got fingers crossed for a cancellation as i don't think the time change allows for a refund under the new rules?
Ive just had a time change for my VCE flights too. Only 50 mins though luckily.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Ive just had a time change for my VCE flights too. Only 50 mins though luckily.
same here for BER-LHR on 27MAR. also there is no flight between 8:30 and 14:00.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
SAN & LAX cancellations

As expected, up to, and including, Mar 26, all SAN-LHR flights cancelled. Likewise LAX-LHR reduced to one a day, BA 268.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
The following short haul routes have been taken off sale for the rest of W20 and will most likely not resume until at least S21:

Algiers, Amman, Basel, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Billund, Dubrovnik, Gothenburg, Grenoble, Hannover, Krakow, Luxembourg, Malta, Marrakesh, Milan-Malpensa, Naples, Newquay, Paphos, Porto, Pisa, Seville, Stuttgart, Verona, Zagreb
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:56 am

I just had my ACE to LHR on the 9th March cancelled and offered the 11th as an alternative, going to ask for a refund on this as really rather not go at the moment...my outbound flight on the 4th had a 40 min change now leaving at 0630 but this is on a different booking i'm going to try and cancel this as well, I guess as this is on a different booking and only a slight time change i can only claim a voucher for this?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bfc2dabone
I just had my ACE to LHR on the 9th March cancelled and offered the 11th as an alternative, going to ask for a refund on this as really rather not go at the moment...my outbound flight on the 4th had a 40 min change now leaving at 0630 but this is on a different booking i'm going to try and cancel this as well, I guess as this is on a different booking and only a slight time change i can only claim a voucher for this?
yes for the outbound atm that isn’t enough of a time change for a refund. Personally I would just leave it for now and see what happens. You can always request a FTV the day before the flight if BA never cancel it.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes for the outbound atm that isn’t enough of a time change for a refund. Personally I would just leave it for now and see what happens. You can always request a FTV the day before the flight if BA never cancel it.
Thanks KARFA, that does sound like a plan, 3 people on the booking in CE so would rather the money back to give us more flexibility for later in the year
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
My March KUL flight in March is now cancelled. Now hoping BA will let me move this to later in the year to KUL on Qatar or let me move to SIN on BA.
Although not had a cancellation email yet, my Malta flight in March is also now not selling seats I notice so hopefully can move that to later in the year too.

Currently sitting on 4 BA cancellations hoping BA will extend bookings past the 1 year ticket validity date.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by gallagher
My March KUL flight in March is now cancelled. Now hoping BA will let me move this to later in the year to KUL on Qatar or let me move to SIN on BA.
You will be allowed to switch to SIN if this is your preferred option. Your offer for KUL will be MH, not QR.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, HH Gold
Our BA holiday to MLE has just died. Outbound 19th returning 27th March. Booked using the 747 business seats deal 😢. Will probably never find a deal like that to the Maldives again. Looks like down to 1 a week or connection through DOH. Cancellation number 5 for us!!
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Weeelegs
Our BA holiday to MLE has just died. Outbound 19th returning 27th March. Booked using the 747 business seats deal 😢. Will probably never find a deal like that to the Maldives again. Looks like down to 1 a week or connection through DOH. Cancellation number 5 for us!!
That’s strange as direct flights are still being sold for those dates in March. I was just about to book something through BA Holidays in March but may hold off if they are already cancelling things.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 6:44 am

I am booked with BA Holidays LHR-MLE on 3rd March but I have not received any cancellation notification yet. However, this date is no longer avaialble for sale on BA.com and EF is showing the flight as not valid but MMB allows me to view/change my seat. I acutally want the cancellation but strange Weeelegs outbound on the 19th has received cancellation notification and i have not?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:42 am

Not officially cancelled, but looks like LHR-IAD inventory is zeroed out at least through early April: seems cancellations are likely to come soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.