Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, American Gold
BA (don’t remember the flight number) AMS to LHR on Mar 01 just got canceled. I think it’s because of the NLs extended flight ban to and from the UK. But this is the 3rd time I’ve had to rebook this AMS-LHR leg. 🙄
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:37 pm

Does anyone have any insight into why Antigua is keeping a once per week service on Saturdays in March? I’d been confidently waiting for my cancellation for the 20th, but have now done some research and don’t think it’s coming! I see it’s still on sale for Saturdays only and operated the weekend just gone, it actually looked quite well sold in business this weekend and for the next couple of weeks.

As a side note, it’s an avios booking and when I went to see what dates in the autumn/winter might work, the availability in J and W across the Caribbean is non-existent, so I’m assuming the region is going to be more popular/expensive than ever next winter!
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Does anyone have any insight into why Antigua is keeping a once per week service on Saturdays in March? I’d been confidently waiting for my cancellation for the 20th, but have now done some research and don’t think it’s coming! I see it’s still on sale for Saturdays only and operated the weekend just gone, it actually looked quite well sold in business this weekend and for the next couple of weeks.

As a side note, it’s an avios booking and when I went to see what dates in the autumn/winter might work, the availability in J and W across the Caribbean is non-existent, so I’m assuming the region is going to be more popular/expensive than ever next winter!
I presume it’s cargo related? During lockdown 2.0 VS maintained an air link from the UK to ANU
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:27 pm

Last edited by RB211; Mar 6, 2021 at 7:29 pm Reason: Caught by the stupid POS EF bug!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:26 pm

Any idea why my flight to TFS on 27th March is not yet cancelled? They've cancelled every other day of the week, I can't believe there are enough Spanish residents wanting to fly to make the flight viable? I don't want another voucher!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by paulaf
Any idea why my flight to TFS on 27th March is not yet cancelled? They've cancelled every other day of the week, I can't believe there are enough Spanish residents wanting to fly to make the flight viable? I don't want another voucher!
Don't forget that there are a lot of British people having summer houses in Tenerife and other islands, and if they have residency in Spain, they are allowed to leave the UK.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:06 am

When was CUN-LGW service reduced to weekly?

BA have pulled some funny business in “losing” an Avios upgrade that had been held on a cash booking CUN-LGW on Friday 26th March.

They kindly moved my flight to Saturday 27th free of charge so I could still take advantage of the upgrade. Now I find out that the Friday flight was cancelled, which they neglected to mention!

So my question is: it it possible to find out on which date BA actually cancelled the flight?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Had ACE flights cancelled for the end of March that were booked last year. My understanding was if BA cancelled I could move to any flight with availability within a year of making my first booking?

These were revenue tickets in Y. But when I tried to move to dates I have available in August, I have been asked for over £800 extra. There are 3 of us travelling. Is this request for extra payment a mistake or have I completely misunderstood my rights if BA cancel?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
Could it be that this would be close to the date that people travelling back to the UK under the new 90 days out of 180 EU rules have to return to the UK?
paulaf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.