Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 queues this morning (weekend AM peaks)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
It sounds frustrating but I think we will have to get used to this new normal. Queues will be inevitable with social distancing requirements. Let’s not assume the airport experience and flying will be the same for a while yet.

I know people have been prevented from travelling for months but I’m not getting the desperation to sit in an airport lounge which pre-Covid 19 were essentially a bacteria heaven with so many people touching the buffet style food and drink areas. The lounges can be a welcome stop between long flights but most passengers are doing short Euro hops for now and I’m not sure why are some people desperate to queue to get to back to what is really a passenger canteen?
I also am not rushing back, so agree, but it’s up to individuals, so where I part company is the lack of understanding. This is Flyertalk so the desire to get flying again is understandable.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Anybody have any experience of how busy it was this morning?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:39 am

I do hope things have settled a bit by September 1st for our flight Athens, the 13:15.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jase76
Anybody have any experience of how busy it was this morning?

I arrived just after 06:00 this morning, terminal very quiet, no wait at TFW either. All very smooth
Jase76 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Lenis
I arrived just after 06:00 this morning, terminal very quiet, no wait at TFW either. All very smooth
Sounds like a Saturday one off. I am in LHR on Wed, don't think it will be too crazy.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Just to add to this, I am in Terminal 2 now, the non priority queue was 5 mins to security, the airport is certainly busier than 2 weeks ago, but still quite a bit below normal, I'd say 20-30% as busy as normal.

Looks like that Saturday jumble was a result of a weekend, lack of staff, and BA having all their flights at once!
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Is there a separate Club check in available or just First Wing then everyone else ?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
I think someone said a couple of days ago that club desks are open, but no fast track except first wing
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, Zone H next to the First Wing has Club Europe / World and Silver check-in. It does have shorter queues than the main zones.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, Zone H next to the First Wing has Club Europe / World and Silver check-in. It does have shorter queues than the main zones.
I’m travelling with quite a few people so can’t use First Wing - for Italy flights is procedure to have a temp check in zone F then move over to Club desks for check in ?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Chris9642
I’m travelling with quite a few people so can’t use First Wing - for Italy flights is procedure to have a temp check in zone F then move over to Club desks for check in ?
You can still check in at first desks I believe, just need to go through normal security
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Modest queues at economy and club check in this morning arriving at 745am.
First wing, I walked straight to a check in desk. You might have to wait for one, but no real queue.
No queues at FW security. Straight into lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Situation in T5 is frankly shameful. The queues this morning - August 2nd - only occurred before this pandemic at times of disruption.

There is no attempt to social distance, 4 sanitising units have been empty thus far. Many Check-in desks are empty and the bag tag printers are all off.

You can count staff from LHR on fingers of one hand and there has been no attempt to queue control.

BA and Heathrow have benefitted hugely from tax payer support yet they continue to be a national embarrassment
adrianlondon and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:07 am

Not looking forward to arriving back later today after reading about 2 hours wait at border control.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by binman
Situation in T5 is frankly shameful. The queues this morning - August 2nd - only occurred before this pandemic at times of disruption.

There is no attempt to social distance, 4 sanitising units have been empty thus far. Many Check-in desks are empty and the bag tag printers are all off.

You can count staff from LHR on fingers of one hand and there has been no attempt to queue control.

BA and Heathrow have benefitted hugely from tax payer support yet they continue to be a national embarrassment
Which airline are those passengers flying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.