Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by golfmad
It’s not an individual offer, it’s a policy statement. I don’t think it matters in practice whether you receive the email or not.
As already-renewed Golds (May renewal), we got the email last week. Just another example of BA’s IT. 🤔
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
sorry if i missed this somewhere in the thread but...

will the tier point tracker on the website be updated to reflect the reduced thresholds? or is it just a backend process?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I today received a call from the GGL Desk to follow up on the email I received last week. Given the discussion in this thread, I took the opportunity to inquire about the extension in my case. I have a July renewal date and achieved more than 3000 TP, i.e. requalified based on my own flights.

The explanation I received, was along the lines of #975 and not #796 . They say that my status will extend until July 2022 (card expiry August 2022) and that I will have to collect 2250 TP between July 2021 and July 2022. I then asked if this is confirmed, given that #796 is different. The call then got interrupted then and they called again about 15 minutes. I repeated the answer and asked for confirmation. They confirmed.

Although I have nothing in writing, the explanation I was given was the same twice and is consistent with #975 (but not #796 ).
And this is the opposite to what I heard from the Exec Club. One of us has been given the right answer and I hope it’s you 😊
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:39 pm
Suspended

My partner is sitting on Silver with 1,000 TPs, year ending 8 Aug.

Is there any way to get to Gold without the full 1,500 TPs do you think?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by drakepassage

This one is at least reasonably easy to answer; yes, with 1125 Tier Points they should get to Gold.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

3 Domestic CE and 1 Domestic ET segments until 8 Aug would make her Gold.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:16 pm

So my tier point year ended May 8th and with none of my usual TPR end of year stuff being a possibility I'm dropping from gold to silver.

Is there a reduced tier point target for next year to get back to gold? I've been struggling to follow what's going on.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

yes, your partner just needs 1125 TPs by 8 August.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RG1X
So my tier point year ended May 8th and with none of my usual TPR end of year stuff being a possibility I'm dropping from gold to silver.

Is there a reduced tier point target for next year to get back to gold? I've been struggling to follow what's going on.
yes, 25% reduction so you just need 1125 by 8 May 2021 to get to gold.
RG1X likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
I'm a bit lost with this blanket status extension rules.
My year will end on 8th of August 2020. I managed to get 1670 points before the whole COVID so I secured status extension without any special threshold reductions or blanket extensions - so I'm "safe" until August 2021.
Does this blanket extension mean I don't have to get any points between August 2020 and August 2021 to still keep my gold status until August 2022? Or for those who managed to get the points "regular way" there is "nothing" extra in this blanket status extension and I still need to collect 1125 Tier Points after August 2020 before August 2021 to keep my status until 2022?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas PL
I'm a bit lost with this blanket status extension rules.
My year will end on 8th of August 2020. I managed to get 1670 points before the whole COVID so I secured status extension without any special threshold reductions or blanket extensions - so I'm "safe" until August 2021.
Does this blanket extension mean I don't have to get any points between August 2020 and August 2021 to still keep my gold status until August 2022? Or for those who managed to get the points "regular way" there is "nothing" extra in this blanket status extension and I still need to collect 1125 Tier Points after August 2020 before August 2021 to keep my status until 2022?
The blanket extension means that you are safe until 8 August 2021.
The 1670TP that you have collected in this TP year would only count on your way to GGL and would not affect your Gold status.
You would still need to earn 1125TP's and fly 4 qualifying segments between 9 August 2020 and 8 August 2021 to extend your status until August 2022.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks ISTFlyer

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The blanket extension means that you are safe until 8 August 2021. Which I already was because I earned those 1670 points this TP year before COVID
The 1670TP that you have collected in this TP year would only count on your way to GGL and would not affect your Gold status. Only good thing they will count to my lifetime Tier points
You would still need to earn 1125TP's and fly 4 qualifying segments between 9 August 2020 and 8 August 2021 to extend your status until August 2022.
So not much for me of this promotion, as usually I earn around 3.000 points yearly... On the other hand I hope I won't really need "free" extension until Aug 2022 as I really hope to get back to sky early winter this year, thus collecting points and securing status for the next years.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have received a call from the GGL desk today. What's clear is that they realise that the July (and probably Aug and Sept) renewers have come out on the wrong side of this equation and so there may be some additional future flex, based on how quickly flying takes off again.
crazyarmadillo and Tocsin like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I have received a call from the GGL desk today. What's clear is that they realise that the July (and probably Aug and Sept) renewers have come out on the wrong side of this equation and so there may be some additional future flex, based on how quickly flying takes off again.
That's what I've been thinking the past couple weeks. With the current situation it's changing all the time.

I'm sure BA will refine the extension terms in the weeks to come. Just like the onboard service will be reviewed and tweaked.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks corporate-wage-slave

You were right! They finally replied to my twitter message and said that I will receive Gold status as I have met the lower threshold - just that they don't know when it will be processed (I imagine the system will tick over on 1st July to do so)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.