Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL
08 July collection year end just upgraded to first time GGL on 2700 TPs with 2350 on cancelled itineraries. Good result! Presumably might get CCR card as “New GGL membership pack” ordered. I imagine card expiry will be end August 2021. More than pleased with that outcome.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Staying on silver?

Sorry - can someone make sense of this for me? I've been reading through the posts but couldn't find an answer!

My collection period ends 8 July. I'm currently on 1,200TPs. This is above the new 'Gold' threshold, but that seemed to only apply for May and June collection period ends. I've had an email saying my silver is renewed for next year. I would have easily made it to Gold, but had 2x LHR-NYC F class returns cancelled, plus cancelled business flights from LHR-HKG at Easter also (as well as a host of smaller flights around Europe) - I was set for a Gold Upgrade Voucher

Under this new arrangement, am I just getting a silver renewal? Which I would have had anyway? Even though I've met the new Gold threshold too?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by samadeus
Under this new arrangement, am I just getting a silver renewal? Which I would have had anyway? Even though I've met the new Gold threshold too?
I would expect you to be renewed at Gold assuming you have 4 eligible flights. But if you are not make Gold from 9 July, given the cancellations I would ask Customer Relations after 9 July whether there is anything they can do.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyerP
08 July collection year end just upgraded to first time GGL on 2700 TPs with 2350 on cancelled itineraries. Good result! Presumably might get CCR card as “New GGL membership pack” ordered. I imagine card expiry will be end August 2021. More than pleased with that outcome.
That's a good result! Even more so if the itineraries consisted of 2 mega TP runs, I guess you'll be glad to now just relax once the CCR re-opens..! And yes I would 100% assume you get CCR.

And actually thinking about it for a moment more, this is Excellent if those were holidays which have been pushed past July as you'll 'technically' be getting 2x TP usage as they will count towards this and next year.......!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Red, HH Gold
With the reduced thresholds stretching into next year and beyond, will we see (for a few years at least) an increase in the number of members at each tier, especially silver, as currently with the reduced thresholds silver can be reached with a return to JFK and DXB (for example), whereas before this would still need a Club Europe return to reach silver.

And leading on from that, could BA use this as an excuse to cut physical memberships cards from everyone but Gold/GGL, on the basis of 'there's too many of you and posting al the cards out is too expensive'? (Speaking of which, I do somewhere still have a physical blue card, maybe I should put it on eBay as a collector's item? )
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stampcollector
And leading on from that, could BA use this as an excuse to cut physical memberships cards from everyone but Gold/GGL, on the basis of 'there's too many of you and posting al the cards out is too expensive'? (Speaking of which, I do somewhere still have a physical blue card, maybe I should put it on eBay as a collector's item? )
They already did BA to stop BAEC Welcome packs
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
So is this correct. I am currently Gold with a tier year end collection date of 9th April 2021.

With the 12 Month extension I will retain gold on April 2021 and that tier year end collection date will now become 9th April 2022.

I do not need to collect any tier points between now and April 2021 to retain gold as I have the 12 Month extension.

If I do collect any points ( say up to 1125) between now and April 2021, they will be reset to 0 on April 2021 and not count for anything other than
go towards lifetime total.

In order to retain gold after April 2022, I need to collect the reduced rate of 1125 Tier points between April 21 and April 22.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Welcome to the BA board, fld3141 !

Yes, according to the general consensus on this board, your post is absolutely correct. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by fld3141
So is this correct. I am currently Gold with a tier year end collection date of 9th April 2021.

With the 12 Month extension that date will now become 9th April 2022.

I do not need to collect any tier points between now and April 2021 to retain gold as I have the 12 Month extension.

If I do collect any points ( say up to 1125) between now and April 2021, they will be reset to 0 on April 2021 and not count for anything other than
go towards lifetime total.

In order to retain gold after April 2022, I need to collect the reduced rate of 1125 Tier points between April 21 and April 22.
I have the exact same dates as you and that is exactly my reading of it too. Not too bad!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
4. If that next tier year ends before 8 July 2022, you only need 75% of the usual number of tier points to requalify or upgrade.
I suspect I may be missing something obvious, but I am confused by the reference to 8 July 2022. Would it not be 8 June 2022? I thought those with July renewal only benefit for the reduced threshold till 8/7/2021 (precisely one of the things raising a lot of complaints from July members). Again, apologies if I'm missing the obvious here which I'm sure is likely!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I suspect I may be missing something obvious, but I am confused by the reference to 8 July 2022. Would it not be 8 June 2022? I thought those with July renewal only benefit for the reduced threshold till 8/7/2021 (precisely one of the things raising a lot of complaints from July members). Again, apologies if I'm missing the obvious here which I'm sure is likely!
Yes, it may have been clearer if I had said "on or before 8 June 2022", but that would be before 8 July 2022.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, it may have been clearer if I had said "on or before 8 June 2022", but that would be before 8 July 2022.
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA
A quick data point for those unlucky people out there like me with a 8-June year-end but didn't make the reduced thresholds, and who was planning to do most of their travel in Mar-May.

I was looking to retain Silver, ended the year on 70 TPs but had a LHR-HEL-ARN CE return, and a LHR-HKG-BNE WT+ bookings paid for and confirmed, before being cancelled due to the pandemic, these would have put me on 600TP. BAEC aren't willing to do me any favours here even with having confirming itineraries and currently aren't budging on policy.

Do feel like I've lost out here and quite disappointed with their lack of flexibility. It's not the end of the world, I'll likely re-qualify for Silver during the next round of reduced requirements, but I will miss the lounge access travelling to Australia, I usually have to sit around at HKG for 8hr+. First world problems.

I might try again with BAEC next month and see if they soften/I get someone more flexible on the other end of the computer.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Leave it for bit, but I'd try again. If you have cancelled flights by BA that would have got you to silver , then others have reported success. Good luck
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: OW
Guessing this is patently wrong - response received from BA today...

"I have checked your account and can see your current Tier Point collection year was due to end on 8 July 2020. This will be extended for 12 months until 8 July 2021 so your Tier Points will not reset until then.
You will need to earn another XX [450 less existing total] Tier Points before then in order to upgrade to Silver membership."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.