Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Yusssssss finally...!
As an April who has been overlooked the whole time this extension is very good news.
Can now cancel my February 'Double TP' booking, which based on previous offer I don't believe would ever pay out the extra points anyway.
Time to stack up bookings from 9th April 2022 onwards.
You mean 9 April 2023, right? (You’re now ok until then).
alex67500 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
The April and May-ers from the very beginning of the pandemic did not - if you didn't have the required TP earnings back then then you dropped status.
yes this was in retrospect a stupid thing for BA to do. I can imagine a lot of people lost status due to not being able to get over the line in March/April before the first extensions happened. Poor sods who have now been renewed at Silver/Bronze through no fault of their own...

I'm pleased by the 25% extension - I was touch and go on whether I would make 1125 by June given various trips in Feb and March now looking (quite) doubtful... confident I can find the 90 or so TPs I need between work and personal flying over the summer (regardless of any further status extension BA might come up with in the Spring)
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
May Renewal here and email arrived at 11:05!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
As a July renewer, I was already on the 25% reduction, or so my membership page said anyway. This email doesn't change anything, does it?
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Poor sods who have now been renewed at Silver/Bronze through no fault of their own...
The 25% reduction was to have come to an end on 30 June 2022. This has now been extended for another 6 months.

It's not in itself going to help people like me who are on 0 TPs and will be for the foreseeable future - probably into 2023. But if there is another lockdown - or even a dramatically-different picture about the feasibility of international travel because of the maintenance of travel restrictions - then I can foresee a possibility of future status extensions, perhaps a quarter at a time (ie July/August/September year-ends next).

Of course, individual reactions to this will depend on how desperate one is and/or how vital it is to one's sense of personal self-worth to keep a particular level of membership in the airline's rewards scheme.
DiamondMile likes this.

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by chris1979
I know it's partially wishful thinking but not extending April-June members means with TATL / more of the world reopening in November, those members have between 5 and 8 months to hit a - yes reduced - TP target. So I am - wishfully - hoping that they will close that gap and give those 3 months the 2nd extension that everyone else got too....
hate to say "I told you so" but delighted to be able to say "I told you so" for us April-June babies (and all others benefiting). Happy days.

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Have a double TP BAH booking in late March so was worried about the hassle of late allocation of the TPs before my Apr 8th year end, possibly resulting in no promotion to Silver - so this removes that concern..

but this news is equally good as if that holiday doesn't happen, then am at least maintaining Bronze til 2023
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:59 am

I'm an April Silver member and I just received an email about the extension. However, I was already on a path to retaining my silver status before April 2022 (not yet qualified). If i receive an extension on the first week of January, and then meet the 450TP afterwards before April 2022, does that give me potentially 2-year extension, or the TP I collected this year doesn't mean a thing unless I was aiming for Gold?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I still got the 'gifting you gold' email after already earning requalification with flights purchased and flown.
Oh well, Merry Xmas!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Thank you BA.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Have to say I am quite confused by this.

As a July renewer, I was already on the 25% reduction, or so my membership page said anyway. This email doesn't change anything, does it?

Or I have I managed to miss something quite fundamental??
I imagine once you reset in July, you will get the 25% reduction again till dec. So six months to benefit from the 'new' reduction.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I imagine once you reset in July, you will get the 25% reduction again till dec. So six months to benefit from the 'new' reduction.
Thanks.. no still don’t get it! I’m sure all will become clear though.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Grateful for the extension as my upcoming spring trips to get to silver and indeed gold are looking rocky. And that’s a welcome safety blanket.

But I don’t understand the 25% reduction logic. In a normal year I’d have to accrue 1500 to get gold. Now apparently I should welcome the chance to accrue 1125 lovely TPs in just six months (say June to December). Puzzled face.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Thanks.. no still don’t get it! I’m sure all will become clear though.
In July your TPs will reset to zero.

For Gold, to renew, you will need to reach 1,125 by 31 December 2022 to renew at the lower rate.

If you do not reach 1,125 by 31 December, the threshold will increase to the usual 1,500, which you will have to reach by July 2023.

Same for everyone, the lower rate runs to 31 December 2022, then it will change on 1 January 2023 to the old rate. Whether or not you have time to renew will depend. It's independent of your renewal dates.
prof, kyushuman and ThatT1Feeling like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
In July your TPs will reset to zero.

For Gold, to renew, you will need to reach 1,125 by 31 December 2022 to renew at the lower rate.

If you do not reach 1,125 by 31 December, the threshold will increase to the usual 1,500, which you will have to reach by July 2023.

Same for everyone, the lower rate runs to 31 December 2022, then it will change on 1 January 2023 to the old rate. Whether or not you have time to renew will depend.
Thanks… so 50% of the time to get 75% of the TPs? That’s how I read it but it hardly seems logical!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Indeed ThatT1feeling, time will tell. This is BA after all.😁

I see it that you will reset in July 22 and then you will need 2250 by Dec 22 to renew or if you haven't renewed by then, you will need 3000 by July 23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.