Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Time to add tier points for reward bookings and to add how ever many months are required until there is some sort of schedule that's flyable for the majority
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Time to add tier points for reward bookings and to add how ever many months are required until there is some sort of schedule that's flyable for the majority
or in other words: until there is some sort of schedule that flies the majority of flights (80+% of 2019 flight numbers)
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Well we will find out in 10 days' time but it seems that from 8th July I'll be back to a target of 3000 TPs to retain GGL or 5000 for CCR which, considering the routes realistically open to me, is going to be quite a challenge until or unless the US opens up….

Wow. With all the discussion about January year ends wanting their extension, it had completely eluded me that my July 2022 collection year starts next week, no lower thresholds for us yet, and bookings I’d made to the US for July have been cancelled this weekend.

I honestly didn’t think I’d be starting another TP year with no long haul bookings and 8 eVouchers to use up (I was particularly unlucky on booking to destinations that ended up not open to the UK where 3 out of 4 daily flights were cancelled and mine was the one still operating!), but I can’t worry about my shiny card when so many of the great BA team must be increasingly anxious worrying about their livelihood the longer this goes on.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
As a "June" it's my privilege to now be one of the disadvantaged, unlike with the first extension. So far my BAEC TP yielding trips will be gone until November-December, leaving me with some odd months to collect anything. I'm fine with BAEC not giving any futher extension, but I do want that to be communicated then ASAP to us, so that we can plan accordingly and make new bookings. Otherwise it's just more waiting at home then.
oceanscape likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gcuk
... but I can’t worry about my shiny card when so many of the great BA team must be increasingly anxious worrying about their livelihood the longer this goes on.
Absolutely, this puts this whole topic in to perspective. A shiny card is nought if you have no livelihood. It must be a terribly worrying time indeed for those employed in the travel industry. There are more things to be worried about than fretting about lounge availability before a flight, or the reduction in the size of a scotch egg, or if a shiny card will be safe for another year..
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
As has been said, this is now just the other half of BAEC getting nervous (Jan-Jun renewals) where last year it was Jul-Dec who were staring down the barrel of having to attain an almost unattainable number of TPs to retain their status. As upthread, it was March 2021 before BA announced the extension for Jul-Dec renewals so I wouldn't expect to see an announcement much before mid September. However, I am still expecting that announcement to come - just perhaps staggered rather than blanket extensions.

I'd imagine the hesitancy to announce blanket extensions is that a sudden lifitng of restrictions and resurgence of travel (like in the domestic US which caught a lot of airlines and hotels out) could see lounges hitting capacities. I'd wager BA is delicately trying to keep numbers of people in each status band largely stable.
Tocsin likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by gcuk
Wow. With all the discussion about January year ends wanting their extension, it had completely eluded me that my July 2022 collection year starts next week, no lower thresholds for us yet, and bookings I’d made to the US for July have been cancelled this weekend.

I honestly didn’t think I’d be starting another TP year with no long haul bookings and 8 eVouchers to use up (I was particularly unlucky on booking to destinations that ended up not open to the UK where 3 out of 4 daily flights were cancelled and mine was the one still operating!), but I can’t worry about my shiny card when so many of the great BA team must be increasingly anxious worrying about their livelihood the longer this goes on.
So very true. They indeed are worried, that this will carry on and on.

Let's hope things get better quickly now in the UK.

As soon as things pick up, it will not only safeguard jobs, but also encourage BA to get people flying again.

And what better way than the exec club , extensions or waivers or reductions , whatever it may be..
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
AA has an status update offer out to members, looks like a lot of members are pleased with this offer lowering even further the requirements to keep status till 2023. Take a look over at the AA forum.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LHSEN
AA has an status update offer out to members, looks like a lot of members are pleased with this offer lowering even further the requirements to keep status till 2023. Take a look over at the AA forum.
Yes but this has no relevance with BAEC. AA has direct competitors such as Delta and United, while BA has a lot of hub-captive passengers and their competitors in Europe hasn't taken any action for the next year.

In addition;

AA is following a calendar year format and their first members would drop status on 1 February 2021.
BA is not following a calendar year format and their first members would drop status on 1 August 2021 ( 6 months later than the first AAdvantage member ).
gcuk likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHSEN
yes just to summarise it seems you can either:

- spend $15000 or more on eligible purchases on an AAdvantage co-branded card between July and November; or
- earn 2000 elite qualifying dollars from AA or partner between September to December

Do either and your status will be extended to end of January 2023.
gcuk and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
So much less complicated with everyone on the same year end.
oceanscape and Nephoi like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
BA could have used the last year as opportunity to sync the qualifying years … simplify complexity of program … simplify IT maintenance … simplify decision making process thereof … etc.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Can I confirm...has BA made any decisions about reduced tier points requirements for renewals 2021-2022. Is it back to 300/600/1500?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC
Can I confirm...has BA made any decisions about reduced tier points requirements for renewals 2021-2022. Is it back to 300/600/1500?
As far as it stands, if your Tier year ends on 8 July 2022 or a later date, the regular 300/600/1500 thresholds would apply.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks. So for my year 8 July 2021-7 July 2022 it is still 450 for Silver and 1125 for Gold? (sorry if I have the exact numbers wrong).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.