Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to clarify, GGLs are included in this. Although they have not stated the numbers for GGl & CCR card on the FAQs site, they have said in the email the 25% reduction would apply:

So this would mean:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
GGL (renewal): 2625
GGL (first time): 3750
CCR card: 3750
I think CCR is not clear as the FAQ states with regards to upgrade vouchers (which are arguably a similar 'other membership benefit' to CCR):

I am close to earning a Gold Upgrade Voucher. Does the 25% Tier Point reduction apply to earning vouchers or other membership benefits?We’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25% to make it easier for members to retain or upgrade their membership. This reduced Tier Point requirement doesn’t apply to earning Gold Upgrade Vouchers or other membership benefits.

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Emails received here for me (August) and husband (December), both Silvers. I only had 45 TPs so that is good news. Thank you BA, now I won't have to update my FT signature and nor can I be accused of posing with the wrong luggage tags if I'd failed to replace them with Bronze ones.

Programs: BA Gold
Just had my Gold extended 12 months too to September 2021
Plus 25% less tier points needed
Very happy bunny !
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Now I can happily book my next few trips on other airlines knowing there won't be lounge or any material benefit flying OW this year.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm incredibly confused..

I'm currently on 240 TPs (low I know) but had two trips in WT+ canceled that would have got me to Silver. I have a renewal date of Aug 2020. Does that mean I still need to get to 300 to get Bronze before Aug?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
This is great news for me. My tier point year ends October which has been extended to October 2021. As I already have 400 points, and with the 25% reduction in requirements, I only need 725 before October 2021 which will mean I can make Gold for the first time.

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to clarify, GGLs are included in this. Although they have not stated the numbers for GGl & CCR card on the FAQs site, they have said in the email the 25% reduction would apply:

So this would mean:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
GGL (renewal): 2625
GGL (first time): 3750
CCR card: 3750
Excellent. Two jokers this year and two more in November I presume. Time to do some planning...

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
I'm incredibly confused..

I'm currently on 240 TPs (low I know) but had two trips in WT+ canceled that would have got me to Silver. I have a renewal date of Aug 2020. Does that mean I still need to get to 300 to get Bronze before Aug?
Your current BAEC status will be extended 12 months beyond its current end date.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
So really this is actually more generous than it could have been. Had then done the blanket extension in March (note that people first started asking about this at the end of Feb!) and done it for just a year, some people would have missed out.

I have to say, this does seem particularly good for those who benefitted from the 30%% reduction and now have a whole extra year too. Mrs Wilsnunn got Silver thanks to the 30% reduction and will now have it until May 2022!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:31 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Kind of confused how this extension impacts the tier collection period - does it extend also (and at the 25% reduced requirements) ? Or will it end as planned and if you don't achieve the required TP then you keep your status ?
scotx3 and jjLDNY like this.

Guessing these are not showing as yet on BA site - may take a few days?

I am Feb year end - achieved Silver (600+ Tier between Feb and March) just before the pandemic started so my assumption is I would now expire March '22 - but still shows March '21 on my BA profile?

So if I get this correctly, next years qualification (mine ends Nov) I'd only need 1125 points to get Gold? Highly possible but I have already made BA my third choice on my most travelled route... given recent labour relations. Granted that is OSL-LHR.

However, welcome and reasonably free to do (ie if you don't travel it doesn't cost them) and helps drive marginal traffic so this was the obvious choice...

Even better was that I'd changed OW for Star given moving back to Oslo. Was going to drop at year-end past, but reasonably last minute I was given a free 1 year extension (ie it occured after earning year end in November). So I am actually getting Silver for free for two years!

I'm a tad confused by some of this - I'm currently Silver on 500tps with my year reseting in November this year, and I get that whatever happens, I will now be a silver until November 2021. However, if I want to get to Gold (as this target now looks much more in reach), do I have until November 2021 to earn the additional points required to get to 1125, or do the points still reset in November 2020?
GVA likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Too little too late

A bit like the UK governments response generally to Covid-19 crisis, BA is also late to the party. The extension was always going to be required, and is welcome, but it should have been done at the start of lockdown. No one was flying and so the cost would have been less and there would have been a lot more goodwill toward them than there is now.

Too little too late
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Talking

This is indeed excellent news just received the email however my account is still showing the old expiry I guess it will take a few days or more to show on account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.