Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by wilko1
So I currently have qualified for Gold with a card expiry of April 2022, will I really get a status extension to April 2023? Extraordinarily generous if so. Not that I'm complaining...
No because your expire day is during 2022. The extension applies for member until June 2021.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:59 am

Trying to get my head around this: I'm possibly overthinking it. I have received the email, where it says my Silver status has been extended 12 months.

I'm Silver with a collection year ending this July. Nowhere near requalifying, but because my status is valid until Aug 2021, that isn't an issue anyhow.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.
As my status is already valid to July 2021, what impact does this have for me? A generous reading of an automatic 12-month extension of current status would be that my regular (current) year would therefore end July 2021, and Silver status will therefore effectively be extended to (Aug) 2022 before a soft-landing to Bronze.

But this almost seems too good to be true.

Edit: I wonder whether it's worth creating a wiki to include simplified table of what this actually means in practice, for each expiring month this/next year (once there is clarity). Would save a lot of confusion!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by jason8612

2,250TPs is very achievable to renew GGL assuming stuff goes somewhat back to normal next year. But I'm really eyeing the 3,750TPs for CCR.
given that the status will be renewed and like I mentioned earlier, I assume that what I earned this year is gone, and what will count is from my collection year (so Oct 2020- 2021), Ill drop the GGL team an email in a few weeks to see how the CCR earning works.
Yes I'm trying to wrap my head around this too, my TPs reset on Nov 8, so that means if I'm eyeing a CCR card for the first time I need to plan my travel after Nov 8, correct? They will still reset on 8 Nov 2020?

Not that I'm moaning, I jumped straight here when I read the email; you should see the grin on my face

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Finally. Correct move.

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
GGL Nominee's / Jokers

Hmmm one of my GGL partner card nominee's (was Bronze and nominated to Silver) just messaged me to say he's received email through about being extended. I'm slightly surprised but pleased anyway.

If my other nominee is similarly extended I probably won't need to renominate anyone for a while... makes me wonder though whether GGL's have a status 'extension' (i.e. no renewal nominees + jokers, other GGL benefits continue) or will get more nominees/Jokers at their original renewal date?

TBH I'm not fussed as still have a Joker left over this year so can use before end of my year and my nominees aren't changing, but may be important to others.
DeltaFlyingProf and esledo like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by GVA
Well personally I was wondering more if it means we have 2 years to attain the number of TPs or only one ?

It will pretty much directly impact how much flying I give to BA (or not). Otherwise the prospect of burning miles across all my FF accounts is also very appealing.
I would also like to know.
Does it mean that any TP earned until our current normal end-date (say December 2020 or May 2021) will be for naught? I can see the case of trying to get an increase in status. But any TP would be useless for maintaining status. If that's the case, it is a good time to burn avios.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OK - if someone can confirm what I believe has happened. Both HI and I have had the mail.

My Tier Collection year ended on 8th April 2020 and I had qualified for Gold until April 2021 Am I now correct in believing that this is now extended to April 2022? I assume that the new Tier Point structure will apply for flights taken from 9th April 2021 to 8th April 2022 to qualify until 8th April 2023?

Sorry to be a pain but I just want to be sure.
jonr405, braiden9 and george77300 like this.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jon Bushby
it doesn't extend your collection year end date. It just gives you an extra year at that status should you not do enough flying to keep that status at year end.
Reaching back to the IT issue and the extension then, this is how it applied. It is an extension of status not of collection dates. You would not have 2 years to get TPs for renewal by your new extended year end date, just the normal 1 year.

For me as an example it would mean every TP I collect up to 8 December 2020 doesn't count for anything other than lifetime TPs. I would now maintain current status until 31 January 2022 regardless of what I get by 8 December 2020.

TPs collected between 9 December 2020-8 December 2021 would count for status in my membership year 9 December 2021-8 December 2022.
aks120 likes this.

Programs: GGL
The reduced threshold for achieving GGL seems to be an assumption, they'd be bonkers to reduce it. Same for first time CCR card, flexibility on renewal would make more sense..
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
OK - if someone can confirm what I believe has happened. Both HI and I have had the mail.

My Tier Collection year ended on 8th April 2020 and I had qualified for Gold until April 2021 Am I now correct in believing that this is now extended to April 2022? I assume that the new Tier Point structure will apply for flights taken from 9th April 2021 to 8th April 2022 to qualify until 8th April 2023?

yes
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I think I will be one of the people less-than delighted with this as a July re-qualifier.

If my year end had been in June, I would have already requalified for GGL under the 30% discount rule and would now be GGL until July 2022

As my year end is in July, I requalify with GGL until August 2021, which I would have done anyway under the 25% or the 30% rule.

So, one month different in year ends is creating an 11-month disparity in extension, unless I have read it wrong?
Add me to the list of July membership year who will lose out - since I have already re-qualified for next year, I get no extension under this policy at all.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Mixbury
The reduced threshold for achieving GGL seems to be an assumption, they'd be bonkers to reduce it. Same for first time CCR card, flexibility on renewal would make more sense..
It says it in the email so not an assumption

To say thank you for all your loyalty and support, we’ve added 12 months extra onto your Gold Guest List Executive Club membership. So you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever you’re ready to return to the skies.

What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your Gold Guest List status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrade thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.
jason8612, AdBoy and Lefly like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Adding to the list of question - if you already qualified for the lower renewal level, is that the level of status that is extended?

My partner is on 570 tier points and his year end resets in September. But he received an email saying his Bronze status has been extended by 12 months. Should he not have been automatically bumped up to Silver and then this status extended by 12 months?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I'm amazed at this, my collection year ends on 8th August and I've got the email about renewal.

Last year they renewed my silver on 40 tier points and in the last twelve months I have earned no tier points at all and now I'm renewed for a further year until September 2021.

Just when will they let me achieve Bronze?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

My take same as KARFA Ms GALORE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.