Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Misco60
It seems to me that BA did what was necessary as soon as it became clear that the restrictions on flying and the limited opportunity to attain and make use of status were going to be with us for a significant time to come.
Indeed, it seems clear now that BA were waiting until they had a better idea of when return to service will start and only then applying changes to the overall scheme. Hopefully the vast majority of people are now happy. BA have been very fair IMHO, enabling those who wern't quite there the opportunity to requalify or advance tier before applying a status extension for everyone. Best of both worlds!

I do find this conspiracy theory from GSTP quite amusing now though, awful timing! https://www.godsavethepoints.com/con...us-extensions/
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thumbs up

Also just had the email. The OH and I are grateful, but a bit saddened that it has taken BAEC so long to implement this.

Anyway, "Thank You", BAEC.

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Great news, am very pleased we’ve had something substantial and worthwhile after being kept waiting. Oooh, aren’t BA such a tease?!! 😉

Im silver and will definitely be targeting Gold in the following year with the reduced TP requirement.
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Yep, just got the email. Silver to Nov 2022. Thanks BA.
(not reflected on my account yet, but i'll give them a chance..!)
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Just got the email, you beat me to it

Really good news, looking forward to travel in 2021.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:16 am

Well it did make me smile.
tbm13, florens and pacenotes like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I thought this was inevitable. Just like the booze coming back for the onboard service.

It be the lounges next, albeit limited, I think in July.

Competition, no choice.
esledo likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
This is good news.

I have a question which doesn't seem to be clearly answer on BA's website. My renewal date is December 2020 and I have flights booked from this date until early April worth about 1,350 tier points. Will this get me gold based on the lower thresholds or is it only a valid offer in your current collection year?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Excellent news, well done BAEC (finally!). I was confident that they would have to do this eventually and like you had spent no time whatsoever doing any maths. I am finding that as this goes on I am missing travel less and less.

T&Cs make no mention however of 2250TP for GGL renewal (or indeed 3750 for first time), nor whether the 12mo extension also applies to CCR cards. My working assumption is that this is blanket everything unless anyone knows any different. I note however that GUF earning levels are not reduced by 25%.

Last edited by snuffi; Jun 11, 2020 at 4:31 am
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Am I right in thinking that as I renewed Gold in April this doesn't apply to me and that will run out in April 2021 and the only thing I benefit from is the 25% reduction?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
How ill this effect entitlement to the CCR card? I renew in Sept and have 3700 TPs, so I have already kept my GGL for next year. Will they extend my CCR room card too?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As a "May" member, I note this from the FAQ on ba.com ...
*Members whose Tier Point collection end date was in May or June 2020, who did not meet the reduced qualification requirement for their Tier will have the 12-month extension applied to their new Tier once their current card expiry date has passed.
I hope they don't forget!

I'm still a bit unsure how it will work, as we had renewed Gold by 8 May. Don't tell me they'll say "Sorry, you had renewed. Tough luck!" We shall see: I suspect/hope it's just poor expression on BA's part.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
My OH dropped to Bronze at the start of this month (8th April renewal) and has now been extended in Bronze after being gold/silver for 10 years and had enough trips cancelled in March/April/May to requalify... not too happy this morning!

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps this could have been confirmed just a bit quicker, but nonetheless, I have to say this guarantees my loyalty to BA and I'm very pleased at their decision.

Programs: BA Gold
I am not surprised by this action and was quietly confident that it would happen. After all, BA did the same thing in 2010 when Eyjafjallajökull erupted and that disruption only lasted a couple of weeks whereas the present situation is a couple of months (if not more).

H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.