Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Have to say I am quite confused by this.

As a July renewer, I was already on the 25% reduction, or so my membership page said anyway. This email doesn't change anything, does it?

Or I have I managed to miss something quite fundamental??
FlySimple likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Erwin10
As an October renewal, just received confirmation (an email from Exec Club) that 25% less tier points are needed till end of 2022 to renew status.

"Dear Mr,

We couldn’t have made it through this year without you. You make us fly (literally), so we wanted to say thank you for your loyalty and support with some good news.

We’ve been in touch previously to let you know about the steps we have taken to protect your status and well-earned benefits. For example, we have automatically renewed the Tier status of Members who were not able to do so through flying, and reduced the Tier Point thresholds by 25% until June 2022.

We’re now taking this one step further and extending the 25% reduced Tier Point thresholds until December 2022. This means, it will be much easier to retain your current status for one more year, or upgrade to the next Tier, and enjoy the benefits you deserve.

You can find out more about all the ways we are supporting you and your membership at ba.com.

With our best wishes for the festive season and the New Year,
Your Executive Club Team"
Yes, same as a November renewal.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
And as an April 8th person I am now happy. (OK I was beaten to it posting this)

Enjoy another year of Gold, on us
We’re extending the Tier status of Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 by another 12 months. This means that any Member renewing during this period will enjoy their Tier status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. You don’t need to do anything, we’ll automatically apply this to your account by the end of the first week of January.
megoi likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:03 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
We’re now taking this one step further and extending the 25% reduced Tier Point thresholds until December 2022. This means, it will be much easier to retain your current status for one more year, or upgrade to the next Tier, and enjoy the benefits you deserve.
Given I'm still on 0 TP (Year end: 31st July/8th August) a lower threshold may not help... the next extension (in March?) will!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:04 am

As an October renewal, just received confirmation (an email from Exec Club) that 25% less tier points are needed till end of 2022 to renew status.
So does it mean, as an October renewal, if you want the 25% lower rate, you effectively have 2 months to do so? After that, it's back to full rate (unless BA provides additional concession to be announced later)?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yusssssss finally...!
As an April who has been overlooked the whole time this extension is very good news.
Can now cancel my February 'Double TP' booking, which based on previous offer I don't believe would ever pay out the extra points anyway.
Time to stack up bookings from 9th April 2022 onwards.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Just got the email. Very helpful as my 450TPs for silver were only going to be fully achieved by next July as it stands. Was expecting to have needed a TP run before then to make up the difference if it was reset to a 600TP requirement.

Happy days
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
So does it mean, as an October renewal, if you want the 25% lower rate, you effectively have 2 months to do so? After that, it's back to full rate (unless BA provides additional concession to be announced later)?
With this, any October renewal has until 9 October 2022 to retain status for 2023 taking advantage of the 25% reduction. Then, they theoretically could have from 10 October 2022 to 31 December 2022 to retain status for 2024 with the same reduction.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:15 am

Happy for the April, May & Junes.... my family is July/Aug/Sep, so we all got the less exciting "extending the 25% reduced Tier Point thresholds until December 2022"... but no extensions..
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: Some
Congratulations everyone. Almost the quickest I’ve ever been proven correct
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Happy for the April, May & Junes.... my family is July/Aug/Sep, so we all got the less exciting "extending the 25% reduced Tier Point thresholds until December 2022"... but no extensions..
Well, it means that everyone received a two year extension, which is only fair.

(and yes, I know some will argue back and forth about the intricacies of whether you did or didn't based on whether you'd requalified or not ad nauseum - it's a moot point).

Makes no difference to me, I have enough flying booked in January and April to have requalified anyway, but if any of that goes tits up, I know I'll still have my status.

The extension of the 25% reduction is very welcome for everyone, I'd say. Good news all round, especially as a June
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Well, it means that everyone received a two year extension, which is only fair.
The April and May-ers from the very beginning of the pandemic did not - if you didn't have the required TP earnings back then then you dropped status.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:31 am

The next question (separate thread prolly) will be when the next 'firebreak lockdown' will happen and what it will affect... rumour has it Jan 3rd.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Very happy well done BA With trips pencilled in for Q2 and work travel hopefully on the way back this really is great news
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Me too

I am a June

Wasn’t going to attempt to renew so this keeps me hanging for another year :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.