Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Third time lucky

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
Called at 11am - cut off at 11.59am

Called at Midday - cut off at 12.59

Trying again ...

And I'm just using it for a single LHR-DUB !
After approximately 160 minutes ... my call was answered !

Such a waste just using it for a single LHR-DUB flight ... i'm effectively using it (plus 8 quid) for a lounge visit !
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I was off to a bad start despite calling at 9 on the dot, as when my call was answered, the agent couldn't hear me and hung up, meaning that I had to start again. After two cut-offs during the next couple of hours, the call was answered by a very helpful agent (Nisha) who took my details and *called back* when the call dropped on the hour mark. So if you're almost at cut-off point and you get through, give the agent your phonenumber so they can call back.

(or call via Skype/VOIP...)
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Is anyone getting through Sunday morning? For me, it's just ringing for a minute then giving me a message that it's closed, no holding.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Same - sounds like they are trying to open but struggling with IT...

Phoned around 9:50 and straight to the "we are closed" message. Then from 10:10ish it changed to the welcome to Avios and hold for a Lloyds booking message, but then transfers to the "we are closed" message.

Edit - now fixed and get another lot of hold music...
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:58 am

Good luck to all still trying to get through!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Done - 15 min on hold, then booked within 10 min
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I've been on hold 25 mins so far right now...

Edit: got through to an agent at about 56 minutes, cut off at 59min 30s just as I was getting through security. Back to the queue...

Anyone remember the good old days when you could use these things online on the Avios website? That was the dream...

Last edited by Deltus; Oct 31, 2021 at 7:01 am
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:07 am

anyone know what time they close today?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:15 am

Sunday hours advertised as 10am-4pm in the email they sent me back in April. I wonder what they'll do for all of us who inevitably don't get through...
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:25 am

Right, I've done 59 minutes, 36 minutes and 47 minutes, before being cut off each time. I'm calling it a day...
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:01 am

Good luck to everyone trying to use a voucher still. Used mine on Thursday - got straight through no issues.

On a separate but slightly related note - not sure if this question is best here or in the rebooking thread - I had another set of flights booked with vouchers retimed last week. Since the event I was travelling to had been moved by a week I used the opportunity to rebook for the new dates. No Avios availability so they rebooked me using commercial space. The booking now shows as earning Avios and tier points - any guesses as to wether these are likely to arrive or not? Absolute bargain if so...
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Avios.com account closed erroneously

When I used my Lloyds voucher on Saturday, the agent suggested moving my remaining Avios over to BA, but I explained that I have an Aer Lingus ff account, so my Avios.com account needs to stay open.

The flight was ticketed on Saturday afternoon

When I went to login to Avios.com today it wouldn't let me. I gave them a call, and the agent confirmed that it has been suspended, but he was able to unsuspend it immediately. And I was able to login again a couple of minutes later.

You may want to check your Avios.com account - so that it's ready when you need it in a hurry!
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Not directly related to Lloyds upgrade voucher extension, but relevant to any outstanding bookings with Avios team.
I called yesterday to make a change to an existing booking that I’d used the Lloyds voucher for. I got through to a very friendly and helpful agent in less than a minute. She processed my change and I expected to have to pay theŁ35 change fee, so when she never mentioned it asked and was told that it is currently suspended. So basically free changes subject to reward availability.👍
She went in to say Tharp the avios team are now down to just 6 people!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:39 pm

So I understand that these can be modified for a fee... but does anyone know to what degree? For instance, I'm assuming I could change date, but could I change destination?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by RG1X
So I understand that these can be modified for a fee... but does anyone know to what degree? For instance, I'm assuming I could change date, but could I change destination?
Yes. I changed date and destination with change fee waived a couple of weeks ago. I think the change of destination needs to be in same band though.
RG1X likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.