Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just called and again confirmed they'll be no further extensions. Poor value use but booked the positioning on an ex-EU next April.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Hopefully in June I'm off for a month down to Australia...travelling in J

Last voucher, so I might as well blow it mega fashion...massive discount on the normal fare...

Chris
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by dougzz
Just called and again confirmed they'll be no further extensions. Poor value use but booked the positioning on an ex-EU next April.
such a shame. guess i will just use mine on a LHR-DUB trip.

it's so long since i used one - do we pay the Economy RFS fee, or the Club RFS charge ?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
such a shame. guess i will just use mine on a LHR-DUB trip.

it's so long since i used one - do we pay the Economy RFS fee, or the Club RFS charge ?
They offer a range of Avios/cash amounts. But it amounts to roughly the £50 standard business RFS fee.

For CDG return I chose £51 and 10K Avios. The other offer I remember was £1 and 19K Avios.
fartoomanyusers likes this.

Last edited by dougzz; Oct 20, 2021 at 12:19 pm Reason: Additional info.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Which class Avios availability ?

If I'm looking to fly Club Europe - do I need to see Avios availability in Club or in Economy ?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
If I'm looking to fly Club Europe - do I need to see Avios availability in Club or in Economy ?
You need Club availability. Economy availability is not needed to use the upgrade voucher.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:06 am

Bah, I just went to sort out my flights and the ones I was going to use them on have no availability coming back.

Sucks to waste them.

Edit - I assume these are like the 2-4-1 vouchers in that they can only be used on BA metal? If not I could potentially route back with a connection (USA flight).

Last edited by RG1X; Oct 29, 2021 at 6:28 am
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Oh damn, that sucks - I used mine on a US trip in May and availability was staggeringly good - not used to it being like that!

Yes, they can only be used on BA metal unfortunately. Have you looked at any open jaw options (if possible for your destination)? For example flying into San Diego, out of San Francisco, etc.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Oh damn, that sucks - I used mine on a US trip in May and availability was staggeringly good - not used to it being like that!

Yes, they can only be used on BA metal unfortunately. Have you looked at any open jaw options (if possible for your destination)? For example flying into San Diego, out of San Francisco, etc.
Sadly there are no other BA destinations remotely nearby (Denver, CO).

I can make it work if I extend the holiday, but my wife has no leave left.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:57 am

Ah, damn - what about an internal flight with AA to another BA destination such as Dallas or Chicago? (I don't think you can now through-check bags on a separate PNR unfortunately but might still be worth the hassle if it lets you go ahead with the trip?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Unfortunately you can only use these Lloyds Avios vouchers on BA metal. Definitely look to do an open-jaw if you can - this is what I've done.

If you are flexible with dates, you can use the voucher to make the booking to whichever destination you want to go, and then if you need to change the dates afterwards, you can just pay a £35 per person amendment fee.

You can change destinations as long as the new destination is in the same Avios Fly Zone - so if you want to go to the West Coast, you should be able to switch to SAN, LAX, SFO, SEA, YVR, etc. as they are in the same zone. From memory there are 9 different fly zones but please check this with Avios before booking.

And a quick data point in case people have yet to use their vouchers and have to call up Avios. I called yesterday at 4 pm BST and waited 35 minutes to speak to an agent. Called this morning at 9 am BST and got through in 10 minutes. The agents were very helpful, and also apologetic as the lines are so busy with everyone trying to book their trips using their vouchers this week.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:01 am

Agree re time of day - took about 50 min on hold for me on Mon late afternoon! The agent was absolutely delighted when I told her I'd check the route and availability in advance and just read her off some flight numbers, made her life massively easier!
estrangeiro8 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by estrangeiro8
Unfortunately you can only use these Lloyds Avios vouchers on BA metal. Definitely look to do an open-jaw if you can - this is what I've done.

If you are flexible with dates, you can use the voucher to make the booking to whichever destination you want to go, and then if you need to change the dates afterwards, you can just pay a £35 per person amendment fee.
I may just book something then and keep an eye on availability changing.

Internal flight wont really work that well for me as I'm carrying a bike and a ton of luggage with me so paying the extra / messing around with the transfer isn't particularly appealing.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:10 am

On hold nearly an hour now but I'm fully expecting it to take as long as two hours.

No idea what time they close the lines though.

Edit - Oh, no... when I got to an hour it cut off. Hmm, this may not go well.

Last edited by RG1X; Oct 29, 2021 at 9:23 am
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:15 am

Oh no - my friend got cut off when he was on hold too and when speaking to them but thankfully they called him back. Think they're open to 6pm? Might have to resort to calling absolutely first thing tomorrow morning? I think there's unfortunately only a handful of staff taking calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.