Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Upgrade Vouchers Extension Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2020, 3:07 pm
dnw

My already extended voucher expiring 31/12 was extended to 31/03 (+3 months) with no effort after a quick live chat. Kudos to Avios.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:05 am

I just called up, short 5 mins ish wait time. Extended my already extended voucher expiring 30/11 by a further 90 days from today to 26/02. This seems a bit different to the calculation @dnw had above but was fine with that.

I also had a cancelled flight for Dec booked with another voucher, which I also refunded and got voucher extended by 90 days from today, i.e. date of requesting refund. I could probably have waited before dealing with that one to get a longer lead time but then who knows if the policy will be changed again, so was happy to deal with in one go today.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hmm I called today and only willing to extend 90 days from today. Given existing expiry is 31/1/20 I thought I should leave it for now as otherwise only really getting a one month extension. Obviously there's a risk they may rescind the extension policy!

I then tried live chat given dnw had more success that way but rather amusingly got the same agent on live chat that I'd spoken to on the phone - I guess it's a rather small team now

Update 13/1/21 - voucher expiring this week, extended to end of March

Last edited by EDIflyer; Jan 13, 2021 at 5:20 am
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:08 am

Does anyone know if they're still doing this? I have a voucher expiring this month (hard to say when as there are no details on my letter) and I'd like to extend it if possible.

Is there a link to the live chat anywhere?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:35 am

I'd imagine they still will be - just go to Avios.com then switch country to Ireland and it should offer you live chat. Be interested in hearing how you get on.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Does anyone know if they're still doing this? I have a voucher expiring this month (hard to say when as there are no details on my letter) and I'd like to extend it if possible.

Is there a link to the live chat anywhere?
I had my voucher extended until 31 March after my flight was cancelled.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:58 am

Thanks both. Will give it a go tomorrow.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I'd imagine they still will be - just go to Avios.com then switch country to Ireland and it should offer you live chat. Be interested in hearing how you get on.
Just got off the chat, end result was...

"I can see your voucher expired in January. I will extend it until the 31st of March 2021 which is our current policy and then you can always check back with us at the end of February or beginning of March to see if we have updated the policy"

Better than a kick in the teeth. Hopefully they'll continue to extend, but if not at least this gives me a chance at getting something.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
I called in today and they are still extending just to the end of March. Agent was hopeful this would be extended, but no decision yet.
EDIflyer and RG1X like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
still end of March 2021 only
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know if Avios reward flights have the same flexibility as BA reward flights at the moment - ie no change fee?

For example, if I booked an Avios reward flight with Lloyds Upgrade Voucher now, before the 31 March expiry - would I be free to amend my booking later on (subject to rewards seat availability) without losing the voucher or paying the change fee?

I can't find any special Covid terms and conditions on Avios.com - any pointers appreciated.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi all, just spoke to the Lloyds Avios team as I have two vouchers expiring this month. They explained to me that they have just updated their policy. As I was not ready to book anything right now, both of my vouchers have been extended to 31 October 2021.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by estrangeiro8
Hi all, just spoke to the Lloyds Avios team as I have two vouchers expiring this month. They explained to me that they have just updated their policy. As I was not ready to book anything right now, both of my vouchers have been extended to 31 October 2021.
Thanks for the heads up! Just spoke to them via Live Chat and that's mine extended too
estrangeiro8 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:07 pm

Nice. Will get on to them next week to get mine updated. Thanks!
estrangeiro8 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Likewise. Just did a Web chat on Avios.com and vouchers extended to 31 Oct. All very easy and done within 5 min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.