Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Latest official update, posted by BA refund helper on 16 August (post no 579)

Historic wiki updates:
There seems to be some confusion over the ‘vouchers’ for future travel so here is some clarity in the hope it proves helpful to others.

The ‘voucher number’ will be the customer’s existing ticket number. The process is no different to putting a booking on hold for medical reasons and the existing booking will be reused for future travel, with the ticket reissued following payment of any difference in fare. This is why it takes so long to receive confirmation as someone has to manually go into each booking (as you’ll imagine there are a lot!), remove the live flights, hold in a ghost flight and send the confirmation email to the customer. It is not an eVoucher that you would enter into ba.com for a discount off a brand new booking and new travel arrangements should NOT be made in this way.

Similarly, customers should NOT cancel their own bookings at any point in the voucher process. This will invalidate any eligibility for the voucher and process a fare rules refund.

When ready to rebook (and once the lines are a lot quieter!) customers will need to call to be rebooked as there is no facility to do this online at all and anything done online in this manner will be at the customer’s own expense since you won't be able to deploy the eVoucher's funds. The voucher is valid for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 30th April 2021.

There is no telephone service charge for using the eVoucher, you have to call up, but you won't have to pay an extra fee to make the booking in this scenario.
Print Wikipost

Rebooking with e-voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:20 pm

I made a booking with a FTV a few days ago. I haven't received any email confirmation yet and the booking isn't in MMB, plus you can't manually add it either. Any experiences? Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I made a booking with a FTV a few days ago. I haven't received any email confirmation yet and the booking isn't in MMB, plus you can't manually add it either. Any experiences? Thanks.
Have a look upthread and the wiki of the main rebooking thread. The wiki gives you the Qantas method to see if the FTV is set up, but in a sense it doesn't matter much, all you need is the ticket number beginning 125 of the original booking and the agent can then apply it to your new booking or Holiday. It won't show up in MMB and it can't be deployed online (yet), you need to call to use it.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Have a look upthread and the wiki of the main rebooking thread. The wiki gives you the Qantas method to see if the FTV is set up, but in a sense it doesn't matter much, all you need is the ticket number beginning 125 of the original booking and the agent can then apply it to your new booking or Holiday. It won't show up in MMB and it can't be deployed online (yet), you need to call to use it.
I looked at QF MMB and the new flights are there. So how do you manage the booking for seats for example? How do you checkin online?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I looked at QF MMB and the new flights are there. So how do you manage the booking for seats for example? How do you checkin online?
It may show under the old PNR? I would normally expect a new PNR, which if it wasn't visible in Qantas then you'll have to call up (the agent can search for you via your new flight date, flight number and surname) and find out the new PNR that way. Once you have that new PNR, you may need to add it manually to your account via the link at the top of BA.com
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It may show under the old PNR? I would normally expect a new PNR, which if it wasn't visible in Qantas then you'll have to call up (the agent can search for you via your new flight date, flight number and surname) and find out the new PNR that way. Once you have that new PNR, you may need to add it manually to your account via the link at the top of BA.com
The agent said it would be the same PNR. It was the original PNR reference that I used on QF MMB. I'll call BA next few days. Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, I don’t think a new PNR is issued. You should keep the existing one.

Once booked the booking needs to be re-ticketed tho so for now it will look a bit messy until that happens. May take a day or so for that to be done.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

Once booked the booking needs to be re-ticketed tho so for now it will look a bit messy until that happens. May take a day or so for that to be done.
You would only be rebooked under a new pnr if the original is no longer live or if you are using multiple vouchers.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
This is good to hear. Flyertalk is always the place to come for such gems and when the rules are changing the shared knowledge here is world class.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

Mine took over a week to be ticketed and I was asked to ring in twice regarding payment. Each time I rang the cost was different and only when I objected was the Ł35 per person booking fee withdrawn.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Just got off the phone today with the Gold line to cancel upcoming flights in August; I was told that my soon-to-be-created e-voucher from this cancellation would include the (expired in 2019) GUF I used as part of that reservation! (In the words of the agent, the GUF "would be attached to the e-voucher".)

Details: this booking was originally made in Sept 2019 for March of 2020 (using cash + a GUF voucher with an extended expiry date of October 2019); when my March cruise was cancelled three days before the flight I called BA and chose at that time to book a new set of flights for this August (at that time BA would only allow those funds to be used within one year of the original booking date, so for my ticket until Sept 2020); the agent at that time was able to apply my (long-expired) GUF to this new booking. Today, under the new rules allowing cancellations of flights prior to 31 August in exchange for a voucher good for travel through 30 April 2022 I called to inquire about the GUF included in my August reservation and was told that my GUF would be preserved, so I went ahead and cancelled this reservation. I'm hoping to use this for flights in the last half of 2021...
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
A minor datapoint for you all:

called you yesterday to use a FTV which was original a return for ONE on a longish European route. Wanted to book a short hop for TWO, one way, instead. No dice. Have to book a one-way for one, wait for the ‘change’ voucher to be issued, and use that for booking number two. Which means we’ll be on two PNRs
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:59 am

Just wanted to post with a positive experience. I applied for a voucher in March and was never able to get a confirmation email despite multiple emails. I rebooked our April 2021 international flights from phx to dbv with an overnight stopover in London last week using the vouchers. I have no status with ba. Got through immediately to the India call center, the rep was very helpful and even helped me check flight costs on each leg to see about moving from premium economy to business. Long story short we are now flying business on all flights for only 400 more per person. The flights were ticketed within the hour and the exact estimated $$ Billed to my card. The long haul segments are on American and showing on their site, seats booked through them. The flights are also changeable, if things are not settled in April. Hopefully all will be well then. I anticipate these flights will change and maybe the lgw leg will move airports, but that is okay as we got a great price and great service. So wanted to just post this good experience.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by memesweeper
A minor datapoint for you all:

called you yesterday to use a FTV which was original a return for ONE on a longish European route. Wanted to book a short hop for TWO, one way, instead. No dice. Have to book a one-way for one, wait for the ‘change’ voucher to be issued, and use that for booking number two. Which means we’ll be on two PNRs
My understanding is vouchers can only be used for the same passenger even if that is a residual voucher.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
My understanding is vouchers can only be used for the same passenger even if that is a residual voucher.
Residual value issued on an EMD can be used on any online booking for any passenger, similar to a ‘normal’ CR e-voucher. When the conversion to ‘proper’ vouchers happens this will also become possible by default, unless (and remember, this is BA we’re talking about) they somehow build the IT to change the standard in the background.

The current same-passenger limitation is because the booking is contained within the original PNR, and therefore subject to IATA rules on name changes.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Confus
Residual value issued on an EMD can be used on any online booking for any passenger, similar to a ‘normal’ CR e-voucher. When the conversion to ‘proper’ vouchers happens this will also become possible by default, unless (and remember, this is BA we’re talking about) they somehow build the IT to change the standard in the background.

The current same-passenger limitation is because the booking is contained within the original PNR, and therefore subject to IATA rules on name changes.
I work in the contact centre and as far as im aware the residual vouchers can still only be used by the original passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.