Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Haven't heard anything more than that, end of October at the start of the winter schedule. No idea why it's taking so long in all honesty, considering all the competing airlines seem to have returned to a normal on board service.
Lack of cabin crew. This one tray service can be delivered on an aircraft operating with absolute minimum crew. You’ll notice the safety briefing often being delivered twice for the same reason.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Airprox
Lack of cabin crew. This one tray service can be delivered on an aircraft operating with absolute minimum crew. You’ll notice the safety briefing often being delivered twice for the same reason.
As mentioned several times up thread, it’s possible to fill a single tray with good quality, varied and well presented food in bigger portions than what’s currently offered.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
No cognac

When did BA drop cognac from the CW menu? I flew BOS-LHR earlier in June and was surprised by the lack of cognac (or any other brandy). The used to have Otard VSOP in CW and XO in First. Anyway, I see from the menus posted here in the last month or so that my flight in June was not an anomaly. I hope they'll rectify this going forward. It's ridiculous that they can't stock a cognac....
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I believe there is a change of supplier and it will be returning.
salut0, wrp96 and camdentown like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
That would be great! Any idea as to when? I have a long-haul flight on July 3 and then several more in September. Fingers-crossed for a timely return of the great digestif!
camdentown likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Muckus
That would be great! Any idea as to when?
I remember reading start of this year of the improvements BA was bringing to Club World, some involving changes to the meal service. Will still be on one single tray, but I read there would be improvements after Club Europe brought back it's menus earlier this year.

Anyone know what those planned meal service improvements were in Club World and if/when they are coming? My guess with the forthcoming strikes it's going to push back any planned improvements.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
i mean aside from larger glassware and a slightly larger main entree dish, it is a club europe meal down to the starter/cheese/dessert & portions
Actually, that's a very good point, it is almost identical to Club Europe. I've not flown Club World post-pandemic, but distinctly remember a small salad, half-decent starter and a full portion pudding on a plate.

I also liked taking my time to eat courses, whilst watching a movie. Not sure about you guys, but when it's on a single try, I find I scoff the lot within a few minutes 🤦🏽‍♂️
zen100 and 12d121 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles
My guess with the forthcoming strikes it's going to push back any planned improvements.
Yes, because check-in staff going on strike mean decent meals cant be delivered

You're not wrong though. The strikes will suck up available management time and focus to deal with it, so CW catering will just get pushed further down the InTray
bafan, wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by zen100
...so CW catering will just get pushed further down the InTray
It should fit quite easily on the single tray! 🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm amazed how little we've heard from BA on any CW improvements at all. Quick to criticise Cruz, but since the launch of Club Suite, we've had no further improvements at all. Has Club Kitchen improved yet?
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
No. Chips/crips and maybe some pretzels/popcorn, and if you are lucky some bottles of water when I flew in May.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Menu on todays 287 to SFO. I had the beef cheeks while my wife had the Korma. Both were actually pretty good!

Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by Muckus
When did BA drop cognac from the CW menu? I flew BOS-LHR earlier in June and was surprised by the lack of cognac (or any other brandy). The used to have Otard VSOP in CW and XO in First. Anyway, I see from the menus posted here in the last month or so that my flight in June was not an anomaly. I hope they'll rectify this going forward. It's ridiculous that they can't stock a cognac....
.... but 3 gins :-(
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
.... but 3 gins :-(
Right! One good gin should be sufficient, even for BA.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
Menu on todays 287 to SFO. I had the beef cheeks while my wife had the Korma. Both were actually pretty good!
Is the cauliflower starter and mediocre cheese ever going to change?
dadio77 and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:45 am

Quick question about Club World service.

We know that the meal is served on a single tray, but how has the drink service change since the pandemic? I'm travelling to Austin soon in Club and read a review of this flight saying apart from the welcome drink, the only other drink was served with the meal and no top-up offered after.

Does the crew not do the usual drinks run before serving food? I often found they'd do a drinks run and you could get a top-up again on the way back with the drinks trolley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.