Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 115 LHR-JFK 1435-1730 777-300

Everything about this experience ranged from substandard to downright awful.

Cocktail. They had no Singleton so I had the Johnny Walker Black.

Sigh. Where to begin? How about the single tray? How about the tiny starter which tasted like nothing? Even LH J has different starter choices and they're hot. The dessert was uninspiring too but I guess at least I got dessert and cheese.

This was the absolute worst part. This is an embarrassing second meal. Half a tiny sandwich and a bag of chips.

I thought CW in 2019 was pretty weak but somehow it's now significantly worse.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by CMK10

The dessert was uninspiring too but I guess at least I got dessert and cheese.

That cheese ‘board’ is embarrassing. This was What was on offer JFK-LHR in Feb 2020!
FlightDetective, bafan and Pack like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*

LHR - SEA February 2021
Looks like it hasn’t changed since October 2021 or February 2022 when I last flew J from the west coast - honestly, it looks like a sub-economy plus meal.
SW7London likes this.

Last edited by Skyline; Jun 26, 2022 at 7:50 pm Reason: For comparison
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:09 am

I wonder if BA is at all looking to improve CW meals towards the end of year given sky high loadings/demand. Looking at fares to USA over the weekend I was shocked.

Yes, longer term their reputation would be impaired however given the monumental other challenges BA has at the moment, both financial and otherwise, looks like they dont need to upgrade their CW meal service given the number of passengers they have!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone else notice the absence these days of any bourbon whisky (Jack Daniels, Bulleit, or Woodford Reseve) from the bar on long haul business class (also in short haul business CE).

I have sent in a question to BA.

Bourbon was always an ever present option and always seems to me to be quite popular. It's offered within the GC and GF lounges. Also oddly in short haul economy Jack Daniels is available to purchase from the highlife shop.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Skyline
Looks like it hasn’t changed since October 2021 or February 2022 when I last flew J from the west coast - honestly, it looks like a sub-economy plus meal.
i mean aside from larger glassware and a slightly larger main entree dish, it is a club europe meal down to the starter/cheese/dessert & portions
NoY, britbronco22 and Ramos like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Skyline

LHR - SEA February 2021
That looks grim - I understand why 1 tray service, but the quality of the food on said tray doesnt have to be that bad
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer

That cheese ‘board’ is embarrassing. This was What was on offer JFK-LHR in Feb 2020!
The whole Club World meal service is embarrassing. I've been flying anyone else where possible instead of BA for this reason and this reason alone.

I'm going to Sydney next month and I'm taking JAL via HND on the way out, and originally was going back via HKG with CX and BA (therefore only one BA sector on the entire trip). Unfortunately I now have BA on the whole return and I'm not looking forward to it at all, primarily because of the frankly insulting meal service they are offering. I should be looking forward to flying business class long-haul, but until the meals come back I am actively avoiding BA wherever possible.
NoY, SW7London, mrow and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I flew SEA to LHR in March in J and didn't even get a second meal! I think LHR to SEA was a Cornish Pasty.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
That JFK meal looks like all the components were sat on before it was served. And this cheese bowl has been a thing for how long now? I could swear it was three cheeses when I last took CW in September 21, or maybe Im confusing it with a recent Finnair flight.

I thought the new CW food concept or at least an improved menu/service was coming in October. Has that timeline slipped?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
And this cheese bowl has been a thing for how long now? I could swear it was three cheeses when I last took CW in September 21, or maybe Im confusing it with a recent Finnair flight.
It’s been 2 cheeses on the 4 CW flights I’ve taken since the one tray service was introduced. The ‘highlight’ being a mature cheddar/Stilton combo but more often that not it’s been a bland mild cheddar/red leicester combo though.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by MH1981
It’s been 2 cheeses on the 4 CW flights I’ve taken since the one tray service was introduced. The ‘highlight’ being a mature cheddar/Stilton combo but more often that not it’s been a bland mild cheddar/red leicester combo though.
It's like what you'd put into your kid's school lunch box, not something to be served in premium class!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
I thought the new CW food concept or at least an improved menu/service was coming in October. Has that timeline slipped?
Haven't heard anything more than that, end of October at the start of the winter schedule. No idea why it's taking so long in all honesty, considering all the competing airlines seem to have returned to a normal on board service.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
The whole Club World meal service is embarrassing. I've been flying anyone else where possible instead of BA for this reason and this reason alone.

I'm going to Sydney next month and I'm taking JAL via HND on the way out, and originally was going back via HKG with CX and BA (therefore only one BA sector on the entire trip). Unfortunately I now have BA on the whole return and I'm not looking forward to it at all, primarily because of the frankly insulting meal service they are offering. I should be looking forward to flying business class long-haul, but until the meals come back I am actively avoiding BA wherever possible.
even the dessert from Do&Co is the same one served in Y on a few other airlines ex-LHR, pretty much sums up the catering cost cutting masked as covid reasons aka “we don’t have enough FAs” but there is zero correlation between shortage of FA and quality of meals even on a one tray service….
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:03 pm

My next club world flight is November, and I'm really hoping they've sorted themselves out by then. In the mean time it's club europe, which given the length of the flight I can't say I'm too worried about one way or another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.