Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
Do you have a date?

Preferably one prior to 13th November
I’ve heard on the grape vine that fresh Club kitchen product will return next month (along with WTP/WT second service hots and the full F service) and the full Club service will return in October.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
Do you have a date?
Preferably one prior to 13th November
If you look back to the start of this year when BA were talking about CE and CW changes (with CE changes happening almost immediately), they said "Autumn" for CW catering improvements, which I read as a September/October timeframe?
Speedbird676 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just to confuse the customer the standards for delivery of the trays is to leave the lids on, this is due to there being one crew less currently working in CW. To make BA crew look totally inefficient the CE service standard is to remove the lids this is because the crewing numbers are back to normal on shorthaul.
I’m so glad it’s not confusing.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
I’ve heard on the grape vine that fresh Club kitchen product will return next month (along with WTP/WT second service hots and the full F service) and the full Club service will return in October.
You would think in the midst of all this it would not be beyond their capabilities to at least improve food quality before the return to “full” service. No reason for a binary zero to whatever they view as 100. You would think……
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Cspnvdl
You would think in the midst of all this it would not be beyond their capabilities to at least improve food quality before the return to “full” service. No reason for a binary zero to whatever they view as 100. You would think……
we are talking about the same person who ultimately signed off on the dreadful half sandwiches on WTP/WT so yeah there is zero logic to all of this mess…
NoY and DelTroon like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Too Many
Disgusting (I didn't eat either) meals AUS-LHR.

'Meat' was as hard as a brick. Thankfully I ate before boarding knowing the meal was going to be disgusting.

Sealink and haroon145 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
all screams cheap and lazy, it’s like they picked the cheapest of cheapest bunch on offer from the entire Do&Co catalogue
I don't even think they have bothered with the catalogue and the BA Catering Team have done a visit to Do&Co during the staff dinner hour and stumbled into the canteen, seen the offerings and said "We'll take the lot".
mrow and nomadabroad like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
I'd recommend skipping the breakfast on board and having it in the arrivals lounge at T5 if you can.
You also get more sleep that way.
chriswiles and RichieMc like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
I'd recommend skipping the breakfast on board and having it in the arrivals lounge at T5 if you can.
You also get more sleep that way.
I can never sleep through breakfast service - too noisy and light for one.

I tend to use the in-flight breakfast service, but in the past limited this to croissant and the smoothie they'd give out, then head to Arrival's and get a full English and shower!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:48 am

Are there any updates on a return to individual course servings? I assume not. I flew Virgin Upper last week from Manchester to New York and whilst the old Virgin product is looking somewhat past its sell by date, it was at least nice to have a choice of starter and desert and to have it all served separately.

What’s the situation with kids meals, currently? Are they any good? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by JonnyA
Are there any updates on a return to individual course servings? I assume not. I flew Virgin Upper last week from Manchester to New York and whilst the old Virgin product is looking somewhat past its sell by date, it was at least nice to have a choice of starter and desert and to have it all served separately.
No-one really knows, but if you scroll up a few posts people are saying it might return in October/November - always have a read through what others have written.

A single tray option isn't so bad, it's the fact you don't get a start choice, portions are small and it's almost 1:1 with what you get on a short haul CE flight.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I don't understand the pre-ordering option. Can or can't we pre-order meals on CW flights from the U.S. to LHR? And can we still pre-order for the return from LHR ?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I don't understand the pre-ordering option. Can or can't we pre-order meals on CW flights from the U.S. to LHR? And can we still pre-order for the return from LHR ?
There is no pre-ordering currently; still suspended. The only exception is special meals.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Genius1
There is no pre-ordering currently; still suspended. The only exception is special meals.
Potentially more edible. I shall review that option.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, United

JFK to LHR on 27 July. Ate small in the lounge so went for dinner. Had low expectations but was a little pleasantly surprised. Starter seems new and was quite ok. Berkshire pork was good! Cheese seemed better than what others had posted. Service was attentive with refill and nightcap offered. Breakfast was passable. Club kitchen was stocked well with alcohol and snacks. Was it the best I had on BA? NO!! but it wasn’t the end of days either. Shame on me for not having pics but will post some from the return in a week
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.