Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Recently flew CW from LHR-LAX and the food was a disgrace. My meal was the same as "poppyz" above and was overcooked, tasteless and really badly presented. I've flown CW about 10 times since COVID and every time it's been incredibly disappointing. I am yet to have had a good F&B experience.

FWIW, my partner and I were very lucky to be Op-Up'd from CW to First on our flight home from LAX to LHR. The First catering was incredible and just as good as the First catering I received on flights pre-COVID. It's a real shame BA seem to be able to deliver in First but are still treating CW pax so badly.

Originally Posted by Cw novice
It would appear that the quality is better on CE flights than what's been shown here.

I really hope this is fixed soon. How many staff are they short so a full service can't take place. From an airline that used to pride itself on doing a full 767 for breakfasts on a domestic flight too.
I completely agree with this; had a chicken tikka salad in CE from DUB-LHR that was fresh and delicious. Great portion size and lots of juicy and well-seasoned meat. The dessert was delicious too, as was the fresh bread. The meal was 1000 x better than the absolute *trash* we were served in CW from LHR-LAX.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi, Flying BA173 LHR to JfK next week CW. Is there a current menu about? Whats the service generally been like ( bad food aside) ?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Menu from BA2157 LGW-ANU on 15/04/22. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala which was very good and quite spicy. Mrs allycat had the cauliflower and said it was OK. Afternoon sandwiches were a bit meh tbh. Overall still not very impressed with CW catering at the moment, including the one tray service. Flying F return to JFK soon and hoping for something substantially better. Will have abused the CCR beforehand though so judgement may be impaired.

BA2157 LGW-ANU 15/04/22

Menu from BA2156 ANU-LGW on 22/04/22. I had the prosciutto wrapped pork which was awful. It was like a block of wood or rubber. A hammer & chisel would have been nice to be able to cut into it. While struggling with it the crew member came to check on me as she had other pax complain about it. She offered to swap it for a different main but I declined as I was not that hungry anyway. She said she would be reporting the problem with / to the caterers via the ipad and she also said she would take my details to raise a complaint with customer services. She did this afer breakfast and I have received an email acknowledgement of the case raised. Maybe a few avios as compensation, who knows? Mrs allycat had the salmon and reported it as ok-good. The breakfast roll was very hot but very basic, not CW standard. The banana bread was rubbery and not nice. A disappointing meal once again. When will they improve the service ???

BA2156 ANU-LGW 22/04/22
choosethedrew and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I found the f catering ( to dubai) to be good .

Note it is not back to pre covid levels ( ie no soup as a starter and less choices for desert .

CW catering us reportedly due to be improved in h2 2022 so later this year

Regards

Tbs
abraxias likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by allycat53
Menu from BA2156 ANU-LGW on 22/04/22. I had the prosciutto wrapped pork which was awful. It was like a block of wood or rubber. A hammer & chisel would have been nice to be able to cut into it.
Interesting. We had the identical Menu ANU-LHR last August … A Caribbean Escape - at last!
We both chose the Prosciutto wrapped Pork Tenderloin, and were very pleased we did. Unusual, IME, to be offered Pork on a BA l/h, but it was a real success. Very tasty and well presented, it was one of the best “mains” we’ve had on BA. The rest was typically unmemorable, of course!
I suspect your Tenderloin was cooked too long or too hot. We eat it often at home, and it does need a bit of TLC.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:00 am

[QUOTE=T .

CW catering us reportedly due to be improved in h2 2022 so later this year

Tbs[/QUOTE]
Given the eyewatering fares being charged for F and J the catering needs to be improved now please!
NoY, allycat53 and TredUp53 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AlaskaAir, AA
Pretty disappointed

Last weeks CW flight LAS-LHR was so disappointing. It’s the first post pandemic trip and sad to see how far BA’s standards have fallen for CW. Delayed departure pushed flight time to begin with and then another hour before meal served meant almost midnight. If I had known it would take so long, I would have refused service and just gone to sleep. What they served was pretty sad. The beef was over-cooked and the dessert looked and tasted like plastic. The only positive was the cheese and crackers. Not the rubbery burrata they were serving as a salad. Only asked about drinks once and no water passed as they have in the past. Ironically, our first class flight LHR-FCO served a quite tasty meal!
allycat53 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by T8191
Interesting. We had the identical Menu ANU-LHR last August … A Caribbean Escape - at last!

I suspect your Tenderloin was cooked too long or too hot. We eat it often at home, and it does need a bit of TLC.
I remember reading your trip report last year either before or after we booked at Cocos for our trip. We loved Cocos and would return again anytime. Paradise, all-inclusive but with a laid back touch. Liked the outdoor showers!
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

BA212: BOS-LHR 26 April

First time flying BA LH since the start of the pandemic.
Cabin crew: OK'ish - I forgot to notice if it was WW or mixed fleet. But it was a mainly male crew. Ok'ish crew in general, not the most attentive, except for a few and was addressed by name a few times. The CSM was working mainly the Club cabin (I believe that there was only 1 pax in F from what I noticed during disembarkation - where I had to wait for the F cabin to be full disembark).
Meal - I had the beef (edible, was well done, on the edge of being too chewy) and my partner had the salmon (seems it was too dry and not very tasty). Both of us skipped breakfast on this short hop back to Europe.
Wine was ok in general and the rosé champagne was drinkable.

breakfast card

Red wine and Port

Champagne and White wine

Cocktail menu

Diner menu

Cheesecake and starter dish

Beef

Rose champagne
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Cabin crew: OK'ish - I forgot to notice if it was WW or mixed fleet.
One and the same now. There's no such distinction.. so your crew would have been a mix of any of the former mixed fleet/eurofleet/worldwide.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Schwann
One and the same now. There's no such distinction.. so your crew would have been a mix of any of the former mixed fleet/eurofleet/worldwide.
i missed this - cause yesterday while in the train on the transfer from 5B to 5A, I overheard some FA's gossiping about a colleague who was fired and one of them asked if she was from the WW or Mixed crew and than made some joke about the FA who knew this out of job FA that they should offer her the seat on the train.

Btw - I forgot to add - is it normal that the plastic tray that they now use to serve you coffee/pre-dinner drinks not the most useful one as it tends to slide (it kept sliding with some slight movement and I just removed the glass from it and placed it on the serviette. The next morning when I just ordered tea, I guess the mug was heavy enough to prevent it from sliding.

Cheers!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
We are taking the morning BOS-LHR flight in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what we might expect for meals in CW? It's been years since I took it and I feel like I recall that we were served breakfast and then something later - maybe it was lunch? We then have several hours before a flight to Cape Town; I figure we'll eat something in the lounge and then maybe again on board. We are going to be seriously off-kilter but taking the day flight was the most efficient routing and avoided 2 overnight flights.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by MHTFlyer
We are taking the morning BOS-LHR flight in 3 weeks. Does anyone know what we might expect for meals in CW? It's been years since I took it and I feel like I recall that we were served breakfast and then something later - maybe it was lunch? We then have several hours before a flight to Cape Town; I figure we'll eat something in the lounge and then maybe again on board. We are going to be seriously off-kilter but taking the day flight was the most efficient routing and avoided 2 overnight flights.

hi

I think it is breakfast after take off then a light meal prior to landing

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
BA242 LHR-MEX April 8th.

​​​​​​Same dinner offering as LHR-CPT but with a pre arrival snack rather than brekkie. Again, lamb shank for the win! Pre arrival meal was good as well.

Bonus pic...delicious street tacos right before going to sleep and help us forget the sh!t show that was MEX immigration. Taco cart was near the Hyatt Regency. USD$1.75 each and they were pretty big... Yum!!!

We had the same menu to MSY (New Orleans) on Tuesday. I agree, the lamb was great! Nothing wrong with the gnocchi per se, but not a patch on the lamb.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:20 pm

Travelling lhr to lax next week im CW. A little worried about getting hungry. Plan to eat at the airport/lounge and of course will have the main meal. But 5-6hours in im certain i will be ready to eat. What options do you recommend I take onboard? I was looking at the F&M hampers, or Itsu sushi but not sure how they will be after several hours?

Alternatively, is it possible to take my own pot noodle (or similar) and ask a crew for hot water for it?

Last edited by Jimbo1683; Apr 30, 2022 at 4:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.