Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m a quality over quantity type of guy.
BA never delivers quality either sadly!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I’m a quality over quantity type of guy.
Which is why. you were always trying your luck with me. It did you no good. I prefer Nouvelle Cuisine to Pot Roast.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Which is why. you were always trying your luck with me. It did you no good. I prefer Nouvelle Cuisine to Pot Roast.
Then why does your body look like two sacks of potatoes? 😝
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Actually found a photo I took of the famous avocado sandwich! With it there was a strange sludge of something that looked like coleslaw on top of tomato slices. I’d didn’t try it — any idea what it was?

mind you, BA make a decent on board cup of builders tea and the walnut cake was great

is this a new nut mix? Felt a bit minimalist and not tremendously special:

Continuing the theme of disappointing avocado was this weird avocado/wasabi salad (top left). Tasted like a small amount of shredded butter lettuce heart had been mixed with a few cubes of avocado and edamame and an overwhelming quantity of green and slightly spicy mayonnaise. Way too much dressing for the small amount of salad:

Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
By contrast, this was a vegetable tagine I had in the lounge before boarding. Actually not bad for comfort food, although I’d describe it more as a vegetarian bean chili with a strong hint of cinnamon in the spicing.

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Last night‘s BA206 Miami-Heathrow. Bit of a palaver, as I'd ordered a Kosher meal for the first time to see if it was better than the miserable CW food I'd had in recent months. It wasn't loaded of noted on their system, I had received the email confirmation that this had worked, about 72 hours before? Anyway, "luckily" for me, a family of four all slept and missed dinner service so I had one of theirs...

Other traveller had the cod. I tried it and it was pretty rank, flavourless and the spinach was cold and gross

And for good measure - the BA207 outbound menu which was inside my table when folded !!

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by salut0
Belazu is actually a pretty good brand (for BA - let's get real) so don't give them ideas as plenty of scope for 'enhancement' there!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Belazu is actually a pretty good brand (for BA - let's get real) so don't give them ideas as plenty of scope for 'enhancement' there!
It's a very nice nut mix too (if on the small side), certainly better than the almonds we had for a while.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I like these nuts, personally, they’ve been around every now and then on BA since summer 2020 in CE.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
It's a very nice nut mix too (if on the small side), certainly better than the almonds we had for a while.
Mine seemed to contain mostly sugar puffs. One of the passengers looked like the Honey Monster so it felt appropriate.
choosethedrew and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@ mikeyfly … is that the new BA CW “Unwrap it yourself” policy? I’m getting increasingly concerned about the declining quality of service in advance of next week’s LGW-PUJ!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by T8191
@ mikeyfly … is that the new BA CW “Unwrap it yourself” policy? I’m getting increasingly concerned about the declining quality of service in advance of next week’s LGW-PUJ!
I think that's more a feature of KSML .... tamper proof.

If it were served to me I'd have said can someone please tamper with it to make it more interesting!
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Jan 4, 2022 at 10:38 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always offered that in the past but I don’t think crew are unwrapping meals at the moment.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
I always offered that in the past but I don’t think crew are unwrapping meals at the moment.
That's a shame - normally the crew do ask, I'm happy for it to be all unwrapped in the galley (others may prefer to open the seals personally) - means half of the seat area is all cluttered with packaging!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully this is temporary during Covid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.