Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Does BA still use Do & Co to do the catering? I noticed there are no longer references on menus or with the food itself anymore. I wonder if they have know seen the light of BA's ways which is destroying their reputation and hence keeping their distance.
Well our pudding last week on lhr to mco had a do and co chocolate disk on it. Problem is BA have given them Ł2.50 budget for club meal so there's a limit on what you can do
NoY, choosethedrew, bafan and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i got an initial form response to my original complaint re the meal but i responded because i initially failed to note the club europe aspects of the food and they changed the response up a bit lol:

A copy of the feedback you've raised about our portion sizes and reduced breakfast option, has been sent to our Management team. Our Chairman and CEO, Sean Doyle, appreciates your feedback. They'll use this when reviewing our service to ensure we improve our catering.

that said, i did receive a voucher for my complaints re the first dining issues i encountered which admittedly was a shock. and would have appreciated the avios instead but hey, not looking a gift horse in the mouth here.
bafan, becks1 and jonkx like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

One of the December Club menus.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Schwann

One of the December Club menus.
"Cornish pastry"?!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
"Cornish pastry"?!
what amazes me is that a pastry will be a during the flight option in case you want something to eat in any other airline. In my recent flight with KLM ‘empanadas’ was one of the options. For BA that’s a light meal!
haroon145, ENTP and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
what amazes me is that a pastry will be a during the flight option in case you want something to eat in any other airline. In my recent flight with KLM ‘empanadas’ was one of the options. For BA that’s a light meal!
Agreed, it’s pathetic. And even a gourmet one in a gastro-pub hasn’t ever tried to masquerade as anything more than a bar snack for Ł4.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
"Cornish pastry"?!
Best of brutish...
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by ermis177
That is true, if a pastry from Kernow was even a thing.

It’s a pasty.

I started twitching when Qantas served a Cornish ‘pastie’ but for BA to make a worse error, words fail me.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:57 pm

error in text

Last edited by CHESHLAD; Dec 4, 2021 at 11:58 pm Reason: error in text
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

To expand on the menu yesterday.. rather self explanatory but I had the pork followed by the pre-landing ricotta and avocado dish. My OH had the pastry pasty.. she said it was okay but didn't finish it.

The food was fine but nothing to write home about. I'd complain about starters and soup etc but just glad to be travelling.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

To expand on the menu yesterday.. rather self explanatory but I had the pork followed by the pre-landing ricotta and avocado dish. My OH had the pastry pasty.. she said it was okay but didn't finish it.

The food was fine but nothing to write home about. I'd complain about starters and soup etc but just glad to be travelling.
The pork main looks nice though frankly not my favourite meat, but to be honest, that pre-landing snack looks somewhere between dire and ghastly...
Schwann and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Pork is an interesting choice - roast pork is good with me. But it’s all very school dinners. IMHO this is NOT best of British.

Cheese selection totally uninspiring.

Menu has multiple typos. I expect we’ve now landed at the other extreme. Twenty years ago, no doubt the menu went through about ten different departments including brand, but now it’s probably edited by someone on an ipad whilst watching Strictly.

Just by comparison, this is what Avanti (formerly Virgin West Coast) are serving on their Birmingham to London trains. ~ 1 hour 5 mins from Coventry to Euston.

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/-/...ptember-13.pdf
Schwann likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:23 am

I've seen quite a few people ask about the current KSML offer in CW but I have not seen anyone answer - anybody with recent experience (or even better menus/photos)? Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond

Grim, grim and grim again.
Schwann and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Confirmed
The reading light is doing a good job. Visuals of food are fairly important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.