FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Glasgow Do - Saturday 25th April 2020, Merchant City *Postponed* (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2002477-glasgow-do-saturday-25th-april-2020-merchant-city-postponed.html)

Speedbird Julie Jan 9, 2020 9:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31924592)
Ah of course! Will see you there :)

Should be fun!

TheChangingMan Jan 9, 2020 9:49 am

Originally Posted by travellingscotsman (Post 31924838)
Anyone still looking for a hotel in Glasgow for 25/4 (and not willing to give Hilton £158!) might consider this deal - £65 for City Centre hotel https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/hotel-b...9-89719c46d80c

Seconded. Just across the road from the Marriott it's great value.

zafiragirl Jan 9, 2020 5:35 pm

Sadly can't recommend the Hilton Grosvenor in the West End to visitors. I joined a group of friends in the bar there for a festive Afternoon Tea last month.

The bar was deserted, just our group and the staff member serving us, less than a week before Christmas... until we were joined at the table by not one, but two mice scampering around our feet! :O

The place needs a serious refurbishment. Not modern Hilton standards at all. Lobby area bathrooms look like they're not been refitted or decorated since about 1985. A real shame, as it's in great location.

HIDDY Jan 9, 2020 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by zafiragirl (Post 31930696)
Sadly can't recommend the Hilton Grosvenor in the West End to visitors. I joined a group of friends in the bar there for a festive Afternoon Tea last month.

The bar was deserted, just our group and the staff member serving us, less than a week before Christmas... until we were joined at the table by not one, but two mice scampering around our feet! :O

The place needs a serious refurbishment. Not modern Hilton standards at all. Lobby area bathrooms look like they're not been refitted or decorated since about 1985. A real shame, as it's in great location.

When Hilton took it over it was mostly for coach tour and wedding party punters. It's not very well located for anything else.

SWISSBOBBY Jan 10, 2020 12:29 am

Hope for the real Glasgow experience one of the host will get your into the Horseshoe Bar, and take you to The Barras

teledude Jan 10, 2020 1:23 am

Originally Posted by flylikelinz (Post 31925658)
just booked flights, looking forward to it.

*cancels booking* :D

flylikelinz Jan 10, 2020 6:43 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 31931804)
*cancels booking* :D

Drinks at the HGI LHR rooftop the night before we all fly up? :p

cgtechuk Jan 10, 2020 10:13 am

Wiki updated to post #97

chris1979 Jan 14, 2020 11:05 am

only just saw this!

I am a maybe for sure - hopefully can make it work.

weegiewife Jan 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Oooh!

I'd love to attend! Is there still opportunity to sign up? I will be coming via our friends at Scotrail from deepest Ayrshire.

cgtechuk Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by weegiewife (Post 31950527)
I'd love to attend! Is there still opportunity to sign up? I will be coming via our friends at Scotrail from deepest Ayrshire.

Of course, I will add you to the list

Arsey00 Jan 15, 2020 5:45 am

I didn’t know about this but happily I met aks120 on LHA-INV yesterday. I’ve got a friend in Glasgow I’ve been threatening to visit for quite some time, so count me as a maybe while I check whether she’ll still have me.

aks120 Jan 15, 2020 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 31952875)
I didn’t know about this but happily I met aks120 on LHA-INV yesterday. I’ve got a friend in Glasgow I’ve been threatening to visit for quite some time, so count me as a maybe while I check whether she’ll still have me.

Awesome - it was great to meet you too - and to stop your fears about your upcoming B2B - I was back in the INV lounge in about 5 mins!!!

aks120

Cymro Jan 15, 2020 7:35 am

I've got a reservation on a corporate rate at the DT (but no flight booking yet). Is anyone interested in pooling taxis etc. and maybe staying at one of the cheaper Hilton properties on the outskirts?

toothy Jan 19, 2020 11:12 am

I've added myself to the list. Avanti offering to renew my Traveller club for a year has helped (equals free train to Glasgow). Am booked in the Doubletree.

T