FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Glasgow Do - Saturday 25th April 2020, Merchant City *Postponed* (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2002477-glasgow-do-saturday-25th-april-2020-merchant-city-postponed.html)

Garimi Jan 3, 2020 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother (Post 31905516)
I can’t make it because I’ll be in Sydney :(

(Shall we have a Sydney mini-do instead nancypants ?)

Yeah

SYD mini do I'm arriving to syd on 3 April ;)
And leaving MEL on 18 but I will be back in Londo late on 25 April...so no Glasgow do for me

DocWatson Jan 3, 2020 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jamier45 (Post 31905026)
back in Kingdom!

Dunfermline?

cgtechuk Jan 3, 2020 3:57 pm

18 confirmed and 2 tentative, Numbers are picking up nicely

Wiki has been updated to Post #32 :-)

marconess Jan 3, 2020 4:50 pm

For the first time in actually in the city that is hosting the DO!

Unfortunately the reason I'm there that night is a family members birthday dinner.

Hope you all have a lovely night and fingers crossed for another time.

madfish Jan 4, 2020 1:46 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 31906016)
For the first time in actually in the city that is hosting the DO!

Unfortunately the reason I'm there that night is a family members birthday dinner.

Hope you all have a lovely night and fingers crossed for another time.

I’m sure it will start earlier and finish later. Can always join in before or after. :D

superscot Jan 4, 2020 4:15 am

I think I can drag myself all the way over to the west coast so count me in.
I'll be on the X24 bus on Saturday, returning home the next.

MsCapricorn Jan 4, 2020 5:05 am

Damn, home do and I’m away (got tickets for Liverpool v Burnley). If the date of the match changes I’ll come.

Dan Son Jan 4, 2020 5:48 am

Luckily will be in GLA that weekend - I’d be interested too. Flying up from LGW.

snaxmuppet Jan 4, 2020 6:07 am

Another Damn here! Leaving for the USA on the Monday. :(

estrangeiro8 Jan 4, 2020 6:23 am

Another damn here - shame I can't make it. Flying back from Canada that weekend. Hope you all have fun in Glasgow and see you at another do!

Nephoi Jan 4, 2020 6:36 am

1. what does "do" (as an abbreviation?) stand for?
2. as i totally understood what's happening, i would try to make it, if international guests are welcome too

madfish Jan 4, 2020 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi (Post 31907741)
1. what does "do" (as an abbreviation?) stand for?
2. as i totally understood what's happening, i would try to make it, if international guests are welcome too

It's an informal word used for a party of social gathering. It's not an abbreviation,

Guests from anywhere are always welcome to attend. There will certainly be some European guests and maybe some from further afield.

Ldnn1 Jan 4, 2020 7:32 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 31907796)
Guests from anywhere are always welcome to attend. There will certainly be some European guests and maybe some from further afield.

Not to mention those folk what talk funny from Scotland. ;)

Nephoi Jan 4, 2020 7:37 am

wow. those Business class fares are cheap! but since there is no way that the legendary 2 weeks extension works the other way and i dont need those 160 TP, i'll be there in eco... 190 EUR. sounds fair.

mike&co Jan 4, 2020 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 31907875)
Not to mention those folk what talk funny from Scotland. ;)

Depends on what part of SCOTLAND you’re talking about - Aberdeen perhaps, as even I can’t understand them. Hopefully Stu1985 isn’t tuning in :p