FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Glasgow Do - Saturday 25th April 2020, Merchant City *Postponed* (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2002477-glasgow-do-saturday-25th-april-2020-merchant-city-postponed.html)

cgtechuk Jan 3, 2020 9:28 am

Glasgow Do - Saturday 25th April 2020, Merchant City *Postponed*

Hi All

Inspired by others who have hosted do's in Gibraltar , Leeds, London, Phoenix and other far flung locations I have decided with the help of JCM9000 and a few others to set up a do here in my hometown of Glasgow.

Venue

Venue has been confirmed!!

Bar Square in Glasgow Merchant Square
5 Bell St, Glasgow G1 1NU

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...da&oe=5E8E414D

Venue is a large courtyard style bar with good beer, gin & spirits selection and for those looking for bubbles they also have Moet & Bollinger BUT more importantly all at Glasgow prices :-)

Merchant Square is an excellent central location and an excellent starting point with lots of other food and drink options nearby, the bar itself also has a decent food selection

Venue has been booked and look forward to seeing you all there :-)

Transport

For those flying up there is plenty of flights from LHR, LGW and if you fly the night before LCY also.
Edinburgh airport is also an hour by a very frequent bus service from door to Glasgow City Centre if it helps with availability.
  • There is no train from Glasgow Airport to the city centre however there is a bus every 10 minutes which takes 15 minutes into the city centre at a cost of £14 open return,
  • For those not flying Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street are the closest train stations and are quite well served.
  • Airport Taxi is £25 from an airport Taxi Rank
  • Private Hire is £13 from the pickup point at the airport
  • Uber is available
  • Anyone wanting to try something different the Caledonia Sleeper train runs into Glasgow from London Euston Friday into Saturday and home Sunday into Monday.

Hotels:

There are various Hilton Hotels (Hilton Glasgow, Hilton Grosvenor, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Hampton Inn, Hilton DoubleTree). Marriott, Moxy, Radisson Blu, Raddison Red, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn etc to cater for all tastes and loyalty programs.

teledude Jan 3, 2020 9:31 am

Another DO? Hell yes.

I'm in and booked up from LHR :D

Tiffywren Jan 3, 2020 9:37 am

I'm booked too, up on Sat morning, back Sun afternoon.

Tobias-UK Jan 3, 2020 9:49 am

Blast, this was a Do I would have loved to attend, sadly I’ll be working 6,000 miles away ... enjoy ^

jcm9000 Jan 3, 2020 9:51 am

Ya dancer! Ah can get pure oot mah nut! Mrs telt ahm gaun.

awoxp Jan 3, 2020 9:53 am

Booked
Sat - BA1482
Sun - BA1487

aks120 Jan 3, 2020 9:56 am

Booked - up Sat back Sunday - BA1482 and BA1487!

aks120

corporate-wage-slave Jan 3, 2020 9:59 am

I'm ignoring the word "proposed", that's terribly English you know.

cgtechuk Jan 3, 2020 10:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31904467)
I'm ignoring the word "proposed", that's terribly English you know.

I have already messaged a mod to remove such words lol

Tobias-UK Jan 3, 2020 10:11 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000 (Post 31904435)
Ya dancer! Ah can get pure oot mah nut! Mrs telt ahm gaun.

And this is one of the reasons I wanted to attend this one, I knew you would be there! :D

Prospero Jan 3, 2020 10:11 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk (Post 31904483)
I have already messaged a mod to remove such words lol

Done ^

Please feel free to post a link to this thread in the CommunityBuzz forum

squawk Jan 3, 2020 10:19 am

Oh drat, I return from a European trip the following day. have a great time

The transport museum is worth a visit, if people fancied some cultural diversions!

navylad Jan 3, 2020 10:26 am

Sounds fun? Tentative yes from me

GadgetGal Jan 3, 2020 10:31 am

Booked. Departing from LHR at 12.00 and returning to LCY at 14.10

madfish Jan 3, 2020 10:33 am

I'm in. The question is.... can you get more than GIB?