FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1990510-new-ba-first-class-8f-configured-boeing-772-a.html)

YacozA Oct 9, 2019 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31610642)
Not really, it is a single aircraft that has flown just one flight with its new fitting with a cabin that has just 8 seats.

I'm more interested in if there is a difference to the Club Suite given the 25cm larger fuselage width? Or is there slightly wider aisles?

rockflyertalk Oct 9, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by YacozA (Post 31610738)
I'm more interested in if there is a difference to the Club Suite given the 25cm larger fuselage width? Or is there slightly wider aisles?

As reported in this thread, it’s the really all just the same as the current 777 F cabin, just less seats and with new seat covers!

revorgap Oct 9, 2019 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by YacozA (Post 31610738)

Wider aisle plus seat at different angle so takes up more width I believe

Jimmie76 Oct 9, 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 31609043)
'Usable space' is completely subjective.

Personally, I have little use for usable space. I want space and the feeling of space.

...and even then the lack of usable space thing in F is a myth. You have a HUGE table, which when open still leaves you with a great feeling of space, if you need it... If you don't you easily have enough space to shelf everything else you may 'need'.

For me it's the seat pitch and width that I like with the current seats. I normally sleep whatever time of day or night the flight is. I usually start lying on my side and and wake up lying on my back. So the size of the actual soft parts (i.e. the upholstered bits) of the seat from the head to the footrest are more important to me than other bits. I'm happy to accept that this may just be me. I like the current F and CW seats I will be very sad to see the present CW seat go

clubman Oct 9, 2019 10:32 pm

Disappointing...

bmibaby737 Oct 9, 2019 11:23 pm

G-RAES about to touch down in London.

NA-Flyer Oct 10, 2019 3:30 am

I am surprised by the BA media team and their total low profile exposure for the event of deploying of this refitted aircraft into BA active fleet !?

Cap'n Benj Oct 10, 2019 4:11 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 31612179)
I am surprised by the BA media team and their total low profile exposure for the event of deploying of this refitted aircraft into BA active fleet !?

They’re probably worried the going 10 across at the back would be the lead

bmibaby737 Oct 10, 2019 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 31612252)
They’re probably worried the going 10 across at the back would be the lead

or the refreshed First Class could be seen to be on par with the cabin behind it...

A P Yu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 am

Highlighting this would probably highlight the length of time it will be before this product appears on a reasonable number of its New York Services - which isn't a good news story

Cap'n Benj Oct 10, 2019 4:27 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737 (Post 31612261)
or the refreshed First Class could be seen to be on par with the cabin behind it...

😤 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31609043-post47.html

...more likely they’re worried a comparison with F would make their nice new J product look like a boot camp dorm!

NA-Flyer Oct 10, 2019 5:19 am

G-RAES is going to New York again today. Hopefully some F cabin pics will be displayed.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-raes

Can I help you Oct 10, 2019 5:30 am

The fact is that there is no new First so BA will not be publicising it.

Tobias-UK Oct 10, 2019 5:37 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737 (Post 31612261)

Whilst I've not sat in (nor seen) the new Club Suite, I cannot imagine any regular First passenger would have any aspiration to travel in the new Club cabin in preference (or in substitution) to First notwithstanding the obvious improvements to the cabin.

It is the same argument we often read here in the past about the QR business product, neither QR business class nor the new BA Club Suite are anything close to the current BA First 'suite'.

bmibaby737 Oct 10, 2019 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31612415)
Whilst I've not sat in (nor seen) the new Club Suite, I cannot imagine any regular First passenger would have any aspiration to travel in the new Club cabin in preference (or in substitution) to First notwithstanding the obvious improvements to the cabin.

It is the same argument we often read here in the past about the QR business product, neither QR business class nor the new BA Club Suite are anything close to the current BA First 'suite'.

not saying I have that point of view, i just imagine that’s part of their reasoning. I’d pick F every time!