Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Dambus
Situation
A recent flight transatlantic flight on AA (BA codeshare) did not trigger the "Special Promotion - Double Avios". This would have been 7th flight during the promo period.

Complication
A subsequent BA transatlantic flight has posted and triggered the double Avios and is my 10th flight according to the promo (but actually my 11th qualifying flight by my reckoning)
There is a very small Avios difference in my favour

Resolution?
Do nothing? If the AA flight posts eventually I might luck out and at worst will be a few hundred Avios worse off if this triggers a retroactive correction.
Try to claim for the AA flight? Too much effort for at best approx. 4000 avios.

What would Randy do?
I had two shorthaul flights activate the promo that shouldn't have, while will prevent two long haul flights I have in a few weeks from qualifying. Called the gold line, who sent it to the back office. They subtracted the points from the shorthauls and asked me to get back in touch after the long haul flights to get the points posted correctly,
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ROE100
Ok great and thanks for coming back and nice simple plain words to understand - so I missed out on this trip but just booked another trip for January so not a complete waste of time of registering.
I think it falls to me to welcome you, ROE100, to the BA board here on Flyertalk. Staying in touch with this forum is probably the best way to make sure you don't lose out on offers such as this. I hope we will see more of you presently.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
First set of flights flown last week that were booked after registering for the promotion and no double bonus posted. 4 segments in total flown last week with AA, 2 international and 2 US domestic internal on 2 separate booking, all 4 segments only at standard Avios. According to the FAQ double bonus should be at time of posting, not at the end of the promotion period as with some others, so are there any known or orgoing problems with this promotion?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by varkey
First set of flights flown last week that were booked after registering for the promotion and no double bonus posted. 4 segments in total flown last week with AA, 2 international and 2 US domestic internal on 2 separate booking, all 4 segments only at standard Avios. According to the FAQ double bonus should be at time of posting, not at the end of the promotion period as with some others, so are there any known or orgoing problems with this promotion?
Were they transatlantic or transpacific? If the prior then should post. If the latter then not included. Also US domestic not included if I understand right.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Booked a city break to BCN through BA Holidays for a few days between last Xmas and New Year. On my return i noted the Double Avios for the flight element, but not the holiday element.
Wrote to BAH in Feb to claim and had a reply that all Avios had been awarded. I was not happy, but didn't persevere.

Then today, I logged on to my account to see if any change in booking/status for our forthcoming trip to MRU, and noticed that on July 20th, just under 7 months after the BCN trip, they have now added the additional Avios!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.