Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I get confused easily I admit! However I had registered for this promotion. I even revisited again to receive notification that you are already registered. After which and In the past few weeks I have flown QR, QF, AY and ofcourse BA. I see nothing on "bonus avios" being posted yet the standard amounts have. What have I been doing wrong people? Does it only "kick in" after the ten?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
That is strange. They normally post as Bonus Avios when your actual avios post. Did you register previously booked flights with the form?

As for the other question above, it is possible to drop the FF from the booking and retroclaim avios later.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I received a block of previously-flown re-claimed flights in one go, and then my remaining flights received the bonus Avios along with each flight as they posted.
nivsy likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by nivsy
I get confused easily I admit! However I had registered for this promotion. I even revisited again to receive notification that you are already registered. After which and In the past few weeks I have flown QR, QF, AY and ofcourse BA. I see nothing on "bonus avios" being posted yet the standard amounts have. What have I been doing wrong people? Does it only "kick in" after the ten?
The double Avios promotion only applies to any BA flights or transatlantic flights with a BA flight number prefix operated by AA, AY, IB or BA or SunAir/Comair flights in southern Africa. They also only apply to flights booked after the start of the promotion (13 Sep I think?) Or flights booked in the BA sale from August if you filled in the register my flights form. Any flights booked before the promotion won't apply. They don't apply to any other OW flights so nothing for QR or QF. Bonus Avios should post within 48 hours of flight flown.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I registered and have flown so far 4 flights, but no credit.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:42 am

Flew my first flight on Wednesday since the registration started (LHR-TXL), got the bonus as the regular Avios + tier bonus posted (so 3 sets of points total).
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I just spoke to the agent and she explained that because flight were booked before I registered for the promotion, adding bonus is a manual process, not automatic.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
I'll have done my 10 flights by the end of next week, only 1 bonus sector credited so far, seems to be random!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by star_crazy
I'll have done my 10 flights by the end of next week, only 1 bonus sector credited so far, seems to be random!
Ditto. One longhaul sector bonus credited. None of the other 7 flights I have done since that one including 3 later flights on the same itinerary have credited. All booked after registering for the promotion
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’m sure I registered, but equally I’m sure all my bookings were either before this started or were for flights outside the required dates. Seems to happen to me every time!
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by T8191
I’m sure I registered, but equally I’m sure all my bookings were either before this started or were for flights outside the required dates. Seems to happen to me every time!
Yes each year the promotion normally comes in September a couple of days after I have booked all my remaining flights until the end of the year. Not this year though. It's not a huge loss if they don't come through. I'm not going to jump through hoops with BA chasing them down but still if you have a promo at least they should try to keep their end of the bargain
T8191 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was checking my avios transactions and was a little surprised to see double avios on 2 shorthaul segments which shouldn't have qualified

13/09 Booking made
16/09 Travel Outbound
17/09 Travel Inbound
18/09 Promotion launched; registered
2x/09 Can't remember the date, but filled out the claim form for 2 x November bookings booked during the sale.
13/10 Double Avios

This has stuffed up my planning as some LH segments are now #11 and #12 .

Would it better flagging this with BA now, or waiting till post-travel of segment 11 (and assuming it doesn't credit the double avios automatically)?

Does anyone have any experience with the bonus credit when it shouldn't have qualified?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Oneworldwheelsup
I registered a booking that was booked, and flown, prior to the double Avios promotion going live.

I'm Gold, and flew Club between LHR - DFW return.

It seems that you are credited with the fully-flex economy Avios amount on the route flown.

Hi. How exactly do you register a booking that was booked?

thanks
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Leon1980
Hi. How exactly do you register a booking that was booked?

thanks
There was an option to register flights made during the sale just prior to the promotion.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, BAEC bronze, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by golfmad
There was an option to register flights made during the sale just prior to the promotion.
I see. Any hope I can get the bonus avios if i booked the flight during the promotional period but after registration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.