Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
My understanding is that premium cabin bookings earn no more than full fare economy - it's the base miles only as far as I can see?
Yes you are correct, I just re-read the T&Cs. I guess the point still stands on long haul vs short haul though.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:34 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by gorps1
Youre naive if you don’t think BA has already been made aware of this by affected passengers ringing BA up to find out why they’ve been credited with extra Avios.
I think that is highly unlikely. How many people ring their banks if there is an unexpected credit? They usually keep stum and wait for the bank to find out - if ever. They certainly would not be triumphal about it on the internet.internet, particularly seeing that others can't even register. Anyway - what's done is done.

BTW "You're" is spelt with an apostrophe.

I wonder how many others are experiencing difficulties.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My son didn't get the email. He's tried today to Register on the promotions page in his Gold Exec Club account by following the link there but gets the 'You've been unsuccessful. You are not eligible …' message others are reporting. Presumably it's a targeted promotion, and like all BA promotions, do they even know how it's targeted?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Email received, back office have registered me.
PUCCI GALORE and AJA_ like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
@ Pucci Galore - If you read post 53 you’ll understand why someone might ring BA about the unexpected Bonus Avios. And thank you for the English grammar lesson. You should check your own posts first for typos before criticising others.
TTmex likes this.

Last edited by gorps1; Sep 23, 2019 at 2:02 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:15 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by gorps1
. And thank you for the English grammar lesson. .
You're more than welcome, Dear!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Are pure Iberia Europe and domestic Spanish flights included in this promotion?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by DomP1
Are pure Iberia Europe and domestic Spanish flights included in this promotion?
It appears not. See 4.4.and 4.4.1 below
Terms and Conditions

Eligibility
1.1 This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Member based in the UK. Eligible Participants may join the Executive Club, using code Q419DA which will automatically register them to this promotion. British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in either promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.

Registration and Promotion dates
2.1. Eligible Participants must register between 18 September and 13 December 2019 (Promotional Period), at the offer page before booking and follow the "Register now" link provided. A "thank you" message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful.

2.2. Registration must take place before booking in order to qualify.

2.3. Eligible Participants must book all Qualifying Flights and Qualifying Holidays (see below for definitions) by 23:59 GMT 13 December 2019 and all travel to be completed by 23:59 BST 30 June 2020 (Travel Period).

2.4. To qualify for either of the bonus Avios offers, Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking.

2.5. These promotions cannot be used retrospectively. These promotions only apply to those who register, book and travel during the Promotion Period and Travel Period.

Promotion 1 Details
3. Promotion 1: Double Avios on Flights

3.1. Double Avios is available on up to ten Qualifying Flights, including any flights taken as part of a Qualifying Holiday in Promotion 2.

3.2. Double Avios is calculated from the base Avios, this is before any Tier or cabin bonuses are applied.

3.3. Double Avios is awarded on the first ten Qualifying Flights that are flown post registering and booking. The order of booking does not determine the order in which Qualifying Flights are awarded.

4. Promotion 1: Double Avios Qualifying Flight

4.1. A Qualifying Flight is a single leg of a journey that departs from one location and lands in another, e.g. Edinburgh to London.

4.2. Must be booked between 18 September 2019 and 13 December 2019 (Promotional Period).

4.3. Must be travelled between: 18 September 2019 and 30 June 2020 (Travel Period).

4.4. A Qualifying Flight is a flight with a British Airways prefix on any selling class or cabin on any British Airways operated service (excluding Reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or any flight included as part of a Qualifying Holiday and any flight with a British Airways prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK, and within southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer.

4.4.1. Any other flights operated by any other British Airways franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance members will not qualify.

4.5. Qualifying Flights can be booked as a one way, returns, multi trip bookings or as part of a Qualifying Holiday, where each individual leg counts towards the maximum of ten Qualifying Flights.

4.5.1. One-way example: London-New York with no return would be one Qualifying Flight.

4.5.2. Return example: London-New York-London would be two Qualifying Flights.

4.5.3. Multi Trip example: Edinburgh-London-New York-London-Edinburgh would be four Qualifying Flights.

4.5.4. Qualifying Holiday booking example: London-Majorca-London return with a hotel would be two Qualifying Flights.

4.6. Qualifying Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. British Airways does not accept any liability if Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight for their chosen period of travel.

5. Promotion 1: Double Avios awarding on Qualifying Flights

5.1. Eligible Participants who complete any Qualifying Flights will be automatically awarded double Avios 24-48 hours after completion of each Qualifying Flights up to a maximum of ten.

5.2. This includes any Qualifying flights flown as part of Promotion 2.

5.3. Double Avios is awarded on the first ten Qualifying Flights that are flown post registering and booking. The order of booking does not determine the order in which Qualifying Flights are awarded
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:25 pm

I can guess the answer, but just in case - I'm looking at a flight (return leg) that leaves on the 30th of June 2020, but (as it's US west coast) arrives in the UK on the 1st of July. I assume I won't qualify for the bonus in that case - unless I take the flight from the 29th of June that arrives in the UK on the 30th?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I flew December 31, last day of offer last year.. Double avios credited fine.

QUOTE=Avallon;31559471]I can guess the answer, but just in case - I'm looking at a flight (return leg) that leaves on the 30th of June 2020, but (as it's US west coast) arrives in the UK on the 1st of July. I assume I won't qualify for the bonus in that case - unless I take the flight from the 29th of June that arrives in the UK on the 30th?[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Didn't get an email (may have ended up in the trash), but managed to register okay.

Still a bit confused over which flights will qualify - my basic understanding is that if the flight was booked before the offer, no; if booked within the offer period, yes - provided it is flown before 30 June 2020. So an upcoming flight in October that was booked back in July would be a no, but one booked a couple of days ago for travel in November would be a yes. I presume crediting the avios will be automatic... .
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:50 pm

Thanks. Annoyingly I'm still not able to register for the offer, but even worse is the fact that whilst I've been waiting the flights have gone up by £400 each overnight - so far not enjoying my introduction to BA...
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Hi

sorry if this has been asked but is being unable to register a known problem by BA ? Are they trying to fix it? Is is there any action we should take to get registered ?

Both me and my partner can’t register...

thanks
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by nshep
Hi

sorry if this has been asked but is being unable to register a known problem by BA ? Are they trying to fix it? Is is there any action we should take to get registered ?

Both me and my partner can’t register...

thanks
Either call or email BA.Exec Club and ask them to register you manually for the offer.

After my long call on Saturday (see my post #43 above) I received an email today confirming BA have registered me for the offer..

My thanks to the CS Agent for actually escalating the issue.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:16 am

DH and I managed to both register without issue but couldn't register for the flights we'd already booked in the sale as both our email addresses contain a hyphen which their form will not accept. BA replied on twitter last Thursday saying the issue has been reported to IT and will be resolved in the next few days. Still waiting 🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.