Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:58 am

I'm in Switzerland, hadn't received an email, and was using a standard web browser with no VPN (so clearly coming from Switzerland). Registration was successful on my first attempt at clicking the URL. Clicking it a second time told me I was already registered.

However, my EC account is UK registered.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Thanks Adrian, that's useful info. I will phone the exec club again tomorrow.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Made a booking on August 6 for flights next week. I assume I cannot register those?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
However, my EC account is UK registered.
My account is based in the USA and I registered successfully first time.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
I made a booking for next month just before this promo started, and have now registered for the offer and filled in the form for a retrospective claim. I should therefore be all good.

The booking is for me and my sister, and I didn't initially add her Executive Club (Blue) number. I've just done that and had her log in to register for the offer. Do I need to do anything else to ensure she'll also receive double Avios? The booking was only through my email address so I'd be nervous of filling in the retrospective claim form using her Executive Club number and email address but with my PNR knowing BA's dodgy IT! Do you think me doing it will cover both of us?

Cheers!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I registered for this offer and applied for a booking I made at the beginning of the current sale period to be included. I’ve just received 100% bonus avios for a flight which I took on Saturday but which was booked 9 months ago, so it looks like BA’s flaky IT may not be able to identify when you made the booking if you apply for older bookings to be included in the promotion.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gorps1
I registered for this offer and applied for a booking I made at the beginning of the current sale period to be included. I’ve just received 100% bonus avios for a flight which I took on Saturday but which was booked 9 months ago, so it looks like BA’s flaky IT may not be able to identify when you made the booking if you apply for older bookings to be included in the promotion.
Same here. Just received the bonus Avios for a LGW-MLA flight on Saturday that was booked last March! and I hadn’t even applied for older bookings to be included 😀
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by r22r44bell47
Same here. Just received the bonus Avios for a LGW-MLA flight on Saturday that was booked last March! and I hadn’t even applied for older bookings to be included 😀
This is good to hear. I have four bookings which were made just days before receiving the email about the promotion. I’ll chance my arm and see if they can be included.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:03 am

So annoying I don’t think flying to Mumbai next March will count for double Avios which I was planning to book in November? Unless I have misread the terms and conditions? Double Avios on a A class flight to Mumbai would have been a tremendous boost
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SHT88T
This is good to hear. I have four bookings which were made just days before receiving the email about the promotion. I’ll chance my arm and see if they can be included.
Not so good if you plan a long haul flight to be captured by this offer, and then find that the maximum 10 flights the offer applies to get used up by a lot of short haul you booked ages ago! It would be better if BA followed the published rules of the offer so that people can plan accordingly.

Last edited by volar; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I didn't receive any email from BA about this promo but was able to find it on ba.com and registered successfully - I've also registered a few flights booked prior to the date, although none of them were "sale" fares.

Unfortunately almost everything at the moment is short haul for me but I guess 5000 bonus Avios is better than none !
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by volar
Not so good if you plan a premium cabin long haul flight to be captured by this offer, and then find that the maximum 10 flights the offer applies to get used up by a lot of short haul you booked ages ago! It would be better if BA followed the published rules of the offer so that people can plan accordingly.

My understanding is that premium cabin bookings earn no more than full fare economy - it's the base miles only as far as I can see?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by gorps1
I am sure that you are not alone, and now thanks to you telling us all you've flagged a potential hole that BA may now work to fill.

I registered HI and myself from Spain without any issues within a couple of hours.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am sure that you are not alone, and now thanks to you telling us all you've flagged a potential hole that BA may now work to fill.

I registered HI and myself from Spain without any issues within a couple of hours.
Youre naive if you don’t think BA has already been made aware of this by affected passengers ringing BA up to find out why they’ve been credited with extra Avios.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AJA_
I tried registering again yesterday now that I am back in the UK and still wasn't successful, got the same error message as Navylad.

I then spent 51 minutes on the phone on the Silver line to BA and the CS Agent gave me all sorts of brush-offs starting with a blanket I am only eligible if I received an email, along with only eligible if I was based in the UK. I persisted by quoting term 1.1 which does not mention the existence of an email as a qualifying criteria added to which you don't even have to be a current BAEC member as there is a link to sign up to BAEC and automatically register. She ended by saying she would pass my query on to BA and I will get an answer in 7 working days.

Just tried registering again this afternoon but still no joy.

Anyone else still not able to register or got an answer from BA rectifying the IT issue?
I ended up emailing BA and within 12 hours they manually added me (UK based but no email, but the link from 'my offers' page didn't work (see up-thread for the context that Mrs ST registered fine). That was last week so I think that the chances are that persistence pays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.