Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Promo : Double Avios on up to 10 flights, register and book by 13 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by watsonville
Has anyone had an email of success/failure to register SALE bookings yet?

Nope not yet. Anyone else?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
This is now showing on the website. I just clicked the link and oit worked
Can you tell me where you got this please? Got the email this morning and then couldn’t register due to errors and then in the meantime my travel agent made a booking for eye 23rd returning 27th. Then I registered an hour or two after.

woukd like to ensure this qualifies, thanks
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Bodoing
Thanks for the reply.
When you say it worked? How do you know? Do you mean you are seeing the increased Avios in MMB?

Thank you!
No, I very much doubt the extra Avios will appear in MMB.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Ughhh I just booked a flight 24 hours before the promotion was out. I filed a request to see if they would give me and my family double avios. Fingers crossed.

Edit: when I check yesterday, the offer wanted dated back to August. So I guess I can still get the double avios offer.

Last edited by thomas164; Sep 18, 2019 at 9:13 pm Reason: Updated news.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Bodoing
Thanks for the reply.
When you say it worked? How do you know? Do you mean you are seeing the increased Avios in MMB?

Thank you!
Registration worked. Filling out the form worked. But the normal amount of Avios still shows in MMB.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by greg5
Registration worked. Filling out the form worked. But the normal amount of Avios still shows in MMB.
This is entirely normal as it is a bonus that is posted afterwards.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies, but I don’t get what PSA stands for in the thread title.

OT, their Tristars looked pretty good!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by TedToToe
PSA = Public Service Announcement
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
PSA = Public Service Announcement
And for men of a certain age its prostate-specific antigen. If you are 50+ speak to your health care provider and get your blood checked next time you're passing by. Its a 5 minute job and well worth doing.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
How will it worked with a flight booked on BA but cancelled and moved onto UIA will I still get the double avios? Even through my flight has been broken up via DUS
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by TedToToe

OT, their Tristars looked pretty good!
My first flight was on PSA.
TedToToe and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:37 am
Suspended

I still haven’t received an emailing telling me whether my application for SALE double avios booking was successful or not.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:22 am
Suspended

Perhaps they don't send an email to confirm, as I just went to register again and it showed this
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by demolineux
Perhaps they don't send an email to confirm, as I just went to register again and it showed this
Yes, generally with these BA offers there isn't an email follow up (there should be really, if only to give some ideas as to what could be booked to earn the Avios). So what you see is both normal and the right way to check that all is OK. Some of the hotel bonus point arrangements are quite similar, however unfortunately BA doesn't have a good tracker as some hotel groups (e.g. IHG) would offer in this scenario.

It's also best to leave it 24 hours before trying it, it is also quite normal for the link to fall over in the first 24 hours.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by AJA_
I get the same message and problem. People on HfP reporting having same issue but some able to register after they clear cache and try again. But that didn't work for me although I am trying on my mobile and am not actually in the UK so I will try again next week when I am home given the offer says you have until Dec to register..
I tried registering again yesterday now that I am back in the UK and still wasn't successful, got the same error message as Navylad.

I then spent 51 minutes on the phone on the Silver line to BA and the CS Agent gave me all sorts of brush-offs starting with a blanket I am only eligible if I received an email, along with only eligible if I was based in the UK. I persisted by quoting term 1.1 which does not mention the existence of an email as a qualifying criteria added to which you don't even have to be a current BAEC member as there is a link to sign up to BAEC and automatically register. She ended by saying she would pass my query on to BA and I will get an answer in 7 working days.

Just tried registering again this afternoon but still no joy.

Anyone else still not able to register or got an answer from BA rectifying the IT issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.