Wiki Posts
Search

BA Cabin crew are all getting iPhones

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
BA Cabin crew are all getting iPhones

According to this press release, all BA cabin crew will be getting iPhones onboard to deliver "better customer service".

https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...019_319/11465?
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
A few of the blogs have published this too. Overall, this is good news I think. Presumably linked to increased availability of wifi onboard. I really hope they have got a nicer cover than the one in the press release - something with the BA crest would look good!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Personally I’d rather they spent the money on more cleaners rather than iPhones. I think that would make a more tangible improvement to customer service. Happy to be proven wrong in due course though.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
A friend of mine at IAG was talking about this at the beginning of the year and what the idea behind it was( essentially exactly what's in the press release). As it will allow CC to be more proactive for when connections are missed due to delays then I think it's a good thing. My understanding is that after consulting with the pax about options that the CC will be able to rebook ( if necessary) onto another flight whilst still in the air or arrange for pax to be met at the gate to be assisted moving through the airport to the next flights gate if time is short both of which can only be a positive.

For those who harump about not getting their Gold Greeting this should also lower the rate for that considerably i'd imagine. Agree with @Iammorgan that the covers in the press release do look abit garish.
argonath and jerseytom like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Although not the thing I would spend on money first but I'm happy they're giving the crew SOMETHING to improve service at this point instead of taking something away and making things harder for them.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
My understanding is that after consulting with the pax about options that the CC will be able to rebook ( if necessary) onto another flight whilst still in the air or arrange for pax to be met at the gate to be assisted moving through the airport to the next flights gate if time is short both of which can only be a positive.
but will the ground crew be able to re-book?

For me, this is one of the benefits of AA, the ability for any ground crew to re-book if there is a delay/cancellation. If BA is substantially changing the ability for the CC to offer service resolution, this is indeed a major thing.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
The full press release certainly paints a very positive, encouraging picture.

Let’s hope this actually delivers what is being promised in terms of improved, more personalised, service ; and not just a ‘legitimate’ opportunity for CC to spend hours staring at their snazzy new phones ........ and less time interacting with customers.

As ever, proof of the pudding etc. The ‘new’ group priority boarding system had all the flavour of a welcome development when it was first announced.
nivsy likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
but will the ground crew be able to re-book?

For me, this is one of the benefits of AA, the ability for any ground crew to re-book if there is a delay/cancellation. If BA is substantially changing the ability for the CC to offer service resolution, this is indeed a major thing.

Sorry maybe I should've been more clear there. Yes my understanding is that if a flight is going to be missed due to an IB delay then CC can talk to the pax about the options( which will be available to them on their device) and then rebook FOR the pax whilst still in the air. From the conversation I had with there was also talk of the CC also being able to submit avios / service recovery claims on the pax's behalf. That part isn't mentioned in the PR but such blurb tends to focus on the positive not negatives so unsure as to whether it was just omitted or the ability to do so didn't make the final cut on the initiative. Said friend is away right now so wouldn't be fair to chase him on whether or not that's something they will be able to do.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Interesting how BA feel putting a finance geek as Head of Inflight Customer Experience is the way to go. Never the less the reliability of the solution will be the most important.

Weren't BA supposed to be having more service 'floor walkers' at airports with ipads to help improve service or did that get shelved as well?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
Interesting how BA feel putting a finance geek as Head of Inflight Customer Experience is the way to go. Never the less the reliability of the solution will be the most important.

Weren't BA supposed to be having more service 'floor walkers' at airports with ipads to help improve service or did that get shelved as well?
Things do seem to have gone a little quiet on that front.

IIRC it was Alex himself who announced the new development (with gushing excitement).
Has anyone seen / had cause to benefit from the specially-trained personnel ?

Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by icegirl
That has happened. I don't know when you last visited T5 but there are Rovers with tablets and the new trolley positions in check-in and Flight Connections. During the recent irrops they rolled some of the trolleys down to Flight Connections in an attempt to keep the queues down. There are also new fangled check-in points for self service. Late arriving services are also being met by staff with reprinted boarding passes or hotel vouchers . So quite a lot of little things over the last 12 months.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Excellent, can I now expect to be addressed by name in J?
81romeo likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by subject2load

Things do seem to have gone a little quiet on that front.

IIRC it was Alex himself who announced the new development (with gushing excitement).
Has anyone seen / had cause to benefit from the specially-trained personnel ?

Maybe he's ordered some specially visible hi-viz's and they haven't arrived
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
A friend of mine at IAG was talking about this at the beginning of the year and what the idea behind it was( essentially exactly what's in the press release). As it will allow CC to be more proactive for when connections are missed due to delays then I think it's a good thing. My understanding is that after consulting with the pax about options that the CC will be able to rebook ( if necessary) onto another flight whilst still in the air or arrange for pax to be met at the gate to be assisted moving through the airport to the next flights gate if time is short both of which can only be a positive.

For those who harump about not getting their Gold Greeting this should also lower the rate for that considerably i'd imagine. Agree with @Iammorgan that the covers in the press release do look abit garish.
Hmm Introducing new IT systems or interfaces to existing ones..... That should go well....
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
Excellent, can I now expect to be addressed by name in J?
Depends which airline you fly with .......
Deltus, nancypants and Duck1981 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.