FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin crew are all getting iPhones
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:01 pm
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
but will the ground crew be able to re-book?

For me, this is one of the benefits of AA, the ability for any ground crew to re-book if there is a delay/cancellation. If BA is substantially changing the ability for the CC to offer service resolution, this is indeed a major thing.

Sorry maybe I should've been more clear there. Yes my understanding is that if a flight is going to be missed due to an IB delay then CC can talk to the pax about the options( which will be available to them on their device) and then rebook FOR the pax whilst still in the air. From the conversation I had with there was also talk of the CC also being able to submit avios / service recovery claims on the pax's behalf. That part isn't mentioned in the PR but such blurb tends to focus on the positive not negatives so unsure as to whether it was just omitted or the ability to do so didn't make the final cut on the initiative. Said friend is away right now so wouldn't be fair to chase him on whether or not that's something they will be able to do.