Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: peter h
Dear

We're looking forward to welcoming you on board your flight with us from London Heathrow to Glasgow on 25 August.

We wanted to let you know that we'll be making a change to the aircraft operating your flight. Your flight will no longer be operated by a Boeing 747.

We understand that, after speculation on aviation websites, some of our customers booked on BA1482 hoping to be part of our birthday celebration. We’ll happily offer a full refund to anyone who no longer wishes to travel.

You'll be able to view the timing changes to your flight at ba.com/mmb in the next 24 hours.

If you would like to make a change to your booking, please contact us.

If you booked through a travel agent, please contact them to make any changes.
On Sunday 25 Aug - the day of BAs 100th birthday - BA are operating these domestic rotations with 747s, reportedly the three heritage-liveried aircraft :

NCL (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1326 LHR-NCL 0920-1035 (stop 2:05, MCT 0:30): aero404, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, Telecasterman,
BA1327 NCL-LHR 1240-1400: aero404, Bazza1603 x 3, Brighterside, Chris9642, corporate-wage-slave, Fontana, george77300, jfallesen, Msm2000uk, peter h, S_W_S, squawk, Telecasterman, WickedStepMother, VG31.

MAN (seatmap shows a Mid-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1386 LHR-MAN 1010-1120 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): 81romeo
BA1391 MAN-LHR 1250-1400: 81romeo

GLA (seatmap shows a SuperHi-J 747) NOTE: 747 NOW APPARENTLY CANCELLED as of 07.06.2019
BA1482 LHR-GLA 1200-1330 (stop 1:30, MCT 0:30): bisonrav, IFE Wizard, McG, shl +1, Schwann, hodders
BA1487 GLA-LHR 1500-1625: bisonrav, IFE Wizard, shl +1, Schwann
Print Wikipost

*CANCELLED* BA100 : Heritage-liveried B747s on MAN/NCL/GLA rotations 25 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

are those airbridge stands for domestic flights though?
As I recall Glasgow domestic arrivals decant into departures?

Edit: Missed the point.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:22 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Here is a thought:

Couldn't it perhaps be, that BA is celebrating a bigger event at London Heathrow at the night of Sunday August, 25 (Monday is a bank holiday).

If so, it could be, that the planes are used to fly in the guests from the different areas of the UK.

The LHR-xxx would be the positioning flight and the return the actual start of celebration for the guests, who are then taken directly to the event at LHR?

Just a thought - perhaps our GGL's here know more ...
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Interesting theory, but then again how would they be getting home?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I would love to do one of these flights (not at work that day either which is a bonus), especially as they'll probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity, but as with others, value wise, I can do far more elsewhere.
Not to say I wouldn't bite at a certain point.....short of a time travelling Delores though, I'll be surprised if that's forthcoming.

How many VIPs could the find to part fill 3 x 747 anyway?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bisonrav
minions. Mignons (or mignonnes) is something completely different.

It's for the occasion. There will likely be cake at the gate or something like that, champagne, goody bags, free tickets to the Maldives, you name it. It won't just be a centre seat in a knackered 747. Believe.
You’d better hope so, because you won’t even get BOB given the cabin size on a 45 min flight ....

No VIP invite for me to anything :-)

However, no VIP worth his or her salt would be available over August bank holiday weekend anyway ..... especially to travel to Newcastle!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA did tip off at least some of their regular customers. And the VIP side, or rather "Guests of British Airways" is work in progress.

As I understand it, this is just a precursor to a bigger announcement about events that day and the next. There will be further opportunities to participate.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by xenole
I would love to do one of these flights (not at work that day either which is a bonus), especially as they'll probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity
Flights to Newcastle are available on a regular basis I believe, as are flights on knackered BA 747s ....

It is very possible the 6.20 to MAD will be an A350 training flight .... you should have a better time on that and you won’t need a coat when you land :-)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Tried to book a window seat to GLA as the app shows me WTP but no option to choose, and India’s finest call centre tells me all window seats booked only aisle available. All gone already?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Tried to book a window seat to GLA as the app shows me WTP but no option to choose, and India’s finest call centre tells me all window seats booked only aisle available. All gone already?
Yes, as mentioned upthread MMB is pointing at WTP. All the WT window seats are currently taken on that service, 2 blocked, but they may open up WTP and there may be POUG offers too. I wouldn't regard this as the final stage of the seating arrangements.
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Raffles
No VIP invite for me to anything :-)
That's a shame. Still, you'll have Virgin Atlantic's centenary to look forward to

Originally Posted by Raffles

You’d better hope so, because you won’t even get BOB given the cabin size on a 45 min flight ....
In July 2010, when BA celebrated NCL's 75th anniversary and sent a 747 to the Toon, it was crewed by WW fleet who served non standard short haul refreshments. A cuppa and bourbon creams IIRC

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Yes, all window seats on the GLA rotation are gone. WTP remains blocked for now.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:53 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Are all economy bookings on the GLA flight defaulting to the WTP seat map?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by nivsy
Am I the only one who thinks this is now crazy money for a flight on a lump on a domestic for 55 minutes that could in theory find yourself sitting in the middle seat in the central cabin area block of 4 or 5 across or wateva BS BA have down the back (I don't venture down there). Shudder also to think how GLA will handle the loading and unloading...will they use the 380 gate?
Nope, as the Emirates A380 will be in then.
Glasgow is used to handling 747's so it shouldn't be a problem especially as its a domestic flight. It could go to gate 34 (the one Virgin uses) or even one of the 7 gates as Virign have used that one as well before.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
I’ve booked! LHR-NCL on 24th then back on the 747 on 25th.

Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Such a shame away in Channel islands on this day; will be great to see all 3 lined up at LHR; Could JER take an empty 747 ? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.