Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by DCAFly
A&W burger with a DQ Blizzard as a chaser. That's a preview of heaven.
Please tell me you’re not British.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
This should really be about bringing on food on to a plane in general as some foods can be very smelly and I find people that bring really greasy and gross food onto a plane 100% clueless and manner less. If I ever bring food onto a plane it's normally a turkey and tomato sandwich that's it.
Having attempted to eat BA food in the past I can at least partly understand why this kid brought a bag on board
LOL
Old May 28, 2019, 1:31 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Cloudship
So is it then acceptable to take a Five guys burger on board, but not a McDonald's?
No 5G smells much more than McD. Much nicer to eat I will agree.
I searched for 5G near me and I seem to be in a Petri dish exclusion zone, there's a ring of them about 40 miles from where I live.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Please tell me you’re not British.
I'm what was referred to upthread as a "passenger with a first-class ticket" v. a first-class passenger.

Though, apart from the odd power/cliff/luna bar, I can't remember the last time I brought food onto a plane.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I hope there was BBQ sauce... Not worth it otherwise.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by krispy84
Just clicked on this thread and seen we’re up to page 7 already, oh goody! 😁
Your post (#94) on this thread is actually on page 3 for me as you can change the number of posts per page up to a maximum of 40/page which saves a lot of time for me loading onto my PC.

^

@:-)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Fun thread😁
What if someone buys an F product and is so careless to note there is a lounge included and sinoly buys Mc food thinking he she is not sure if food is available onboard!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Ah, this thread has resurfaced. A classic.

To be fair, based on some of the photos that people have been uploading of the efforts in CW, I'd suggest taking fast food on board is more than fair game these days.

Mac&Fries is the new Do&Co
FFlash and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Anything foes in the new normal. And people should have their face covering on over their nose and mouth so shouldn’t be bothered by the smell either.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Given that the aircraft smells of hydraulic fluid, bacon from this mornings breakfast, body odour and fart - yes even first class has these - food smells are superfluous.
mikeyfly, EDIwanderer and TTmex like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Given that the aircraft smells of hydraulic fluid, bacon from this mornings breakfast, body odour and fart - yes even first class has these - food smells are superfluous.
i wonder if you'd still agree if someone brought
Surströmming or Durian on board to eat

EDIT... just noticed that the first of these 'delicacies' has apparently already been banned by BA. Still, at least there's always the chicken tikka masala to fall back on
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by ratechaser; Jan 6, 2022 at 8:28 am
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue
That, to my mind, is excellent service.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Fun thread😁
What if someone buys an F product and is so careless to note there is a lounge included and sinoly buys Mc food thinking he she is not sure if food is available onboard!
I'll be honest, based on some of the food I've had in (remote) F Lounges, I'd probably take fast food over it (though not McDonalds, it's dire).
bafan and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ratechaser

EDIT... just noticed that the first of these 'delicacies' has apparently already been banned by BA. Still, at least there's always the chicken tikka masala to fall back on
Durian should be banned everywhere - there’s a reason it’s banned on public transport in Singapore 😂
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ratechaser

As much as i hate eating Durian, i dont find the smell quite so repulsive. I would gladly bring it onboard for my wife (indeed should do next time for fun) - she loves it. we keep half the freezer filled with ready to eat Durian in europe...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.