Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:02 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
I am happy to bring Five Guys or In-n-Out onboard. Definitely much better than the green peas pasta CX now serving in Y...

(sorry for off-topic as this thread is about travelling in BA F...)

(Photo credit: "Skyitchy" @IG)
Attached Images  
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Perhaps as a nod to Tracy Ullmans 'Class Air' sketch, there should be a burger hierarchy for airplane consumption:

Economy: McDonalds
WTP: Five Guys
Club: Burger and Lobster
First: McDonalds
mario, wrp96, royng and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I've just had a time change on my inbound flight to LHR in October, meaning I've got an extra hour in the CCR to enjoy a burger, but i'm not aware of there being a Maccy Ds in T5. Shame
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by TTmex
I've just had a time change on my inbound flight to LHR in October, meaning I've got an extra hour in the CCR to enjoy a burger, but i'm not aware of there being a Maccy Ds in T5. Shame
Closest one is beside the Premier Inn/Thistle on the Northern perimeter I think.

Sadly, I have been on an enforced no-McDonald’s regime for some time now but I remember many years ago having an argument with them in the middle of the night having arrived on a delayed flight from somewhere or other and being not well-fed because they wouldn’t serve me in the drive-through because I wasn’t in a car….!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I remember boarding a flight from DFW to RNO and the captain brought a McDonalds on board - wasn't sure if this was an indication of the quality of the food that they were going to serve!
AnaTravel and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Closest one is beside the Premier Inn/Thistle on the Northern perimeter I think.

Sadly, I have been on an enforced no-McDonald’s regime for some time now but I remember many years ago having an argument with them in the middle of the night having arrived on a delayed flight from somewhere or other and being not well-fed because they wouldn’t serve me in the drive-through because I wasn’t in a car….!
I did this once after a night out. They weren't very pleased about it, but served us and told us not to do it again.

Whether our protests that we couldn't be in a car because we'd be been drinking were what swung it, I'll never know.
crazy8534 and TTmex like this.

Last edited by Bohinjska Bistrica; Sep 12, 2022 at 7:04 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
His chicken nuggets must have been stone cold as they are at best warm at point of purchase.
Therefore:
I can't see any power cords but -
Was this the mysterious Hot Dog Man complete with warmer?
acucobol likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:12 am

Yeh.. couldn't get the whataburger near my sister in law's place in Dallas to serve us through drive thru so called her husband and he kindly drove over, picked us up and got us what we needed.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Free agent
I recall flying JFK>->SLC as a kid a number of times in the early 90's and the kid's meal was a Happy Meal from McDonalds. Those were the best flights.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I am still occasionally brining fast food aboard QR QSuites
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Mods, could we please merge the “Should people bring McDonalds on board?” thread and the “should people take food and drink from lounges and planes?” thread into a giant “food swapping” thread?
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I could care less what people drag on board to eat, but people who have been raised to think of others first would have probably thought of the smell . I had someone do that with a Burger the other day, The stench of the thing filled the air. He actually had the effrontery to complain when I took out what was left of a Munster which Security had not rooted out after the splendid cheese plate that BA serves these days (excuse my sarcasm). I was sitting opposite. He objected to the smell, and I told him that he was a fine one to talk. Two wrongs do not make a right, but it shut him up and no one else seemed to mind or notice, and it was quickly gone.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:11 am

I hate it when people bloody do this on packed trains! Not just McDonalds but Greggs and even fish and chips. The other week I went on a trip to Paris on the Eurostar and the lady in front of me was traveling with two children and she decided to treat them to the aforementioned takeaway on board which was awful.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
There was one flight in domestic F in the US that I flew. The cabin stank of vomit.

Turns out someone had brought a pizza.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I am still occasionally brining fast food aboard QR QSuites
Amazing, how do you get a saltwater tank onboard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.