Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is what "subject to change" is all about. In the real world, plans do change - sometimes at short notice.
Yes I know - Which is why I gave the details of the MAD flying schedule in the other thread on the proviso that it was planned.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Changes to A350 Dubai flights have been updated on BA and now available to book
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Just received a downgrade email F to J on DXB.
On looking at the seating map however it’s an a350 with new J.

The usual terms - keep tier points, lounge access, baggage allowance and receive “an appropriate refund after travel”.

Hmmm. Would that be reimbursement of 75% of the downgraded sector (excluding taxes) as per 261 downgrades or perhaps it will be treated as a “cancellation and rebook at the earliest opportunity” which you therefore accept the downgrade by flying, with a refund of the difference in fare applicable at time of booking/BA’s internal calculation.

Given it’s a new J a350, I keep CCR and TP, I’ll take the downgrade and see what comes back.

Complicated by 2 people in my group being on a 241, 1 (me) being on a cash GUF booked with Propeller on the “old” TP rules and moved from A to F when they stopped selling A on DXB...
tynmar likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I didn't know you kept higher TPs/lounge access with a downgrade. Is that for GGL only?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I didn't know you kept higher TPs/lounge access with a downgrade. Is that for GGL only?
I think it’s normal where a planned aircraft swap occurs in advance as part of a continuing schedule (as distinct from on the day or one off) - same happened to me before when QR wetlease were operating some routes.

here’s the exact email:
Dear Customer

We're writing to let you know that there has been a change to the aircraft that will operate your flight to Dubai International Airport.

We’ve had to make some adjustments to our schedule so you can fly to your destination as planned. Unfortunately, this aircraft doesn’t have a First cabin. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to offer you the following options:

1. You can travel in Club World on the flight you have booked. You will receive the appropriate refund to reflect your new cabin of travel, and this refund will be actioned immediately after you have travelled.

2. You can rebook onto an alternative British Airways operated service with a First cabin between London Heathrow (LHR) and Dubai International (DXB) on or as close as possible to your original travel date.

Should you select option 1, your original baggage allowance and lounge access will be honoured, alongside any Executive Club Tier Points and Avios. We have protected a seat in Club World for you which can be viewed in Manage my booking.

Please contact us to discuss further rebooking options.

If you did not book directly with British Airways, please contact your travel agent. If you have made this booking on behalf of someone else, or if it includes other travellers, please ensure everyone travelling is aware of the changes.

We apologise in advance for a change to your travel plans and any inconvenience caused.

Warm Regards,

British Airways Customer Service
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by rjn21

I think it’s normal where a planned aircraft swap occurs in advance as part of a continuing schedule (as distinct from on the day or one off) - same happened to me before when QR wetlease were operating some routes.

here’s the exact email:

That's great. As a Silver, I'd be pretty happy with that - take the refund, try the new cabin and keep the First Wing/CCR, and wait for the F TPs to post.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
they could do the AC style of rostering aircraft where the two aircraft do three rotations between them a day on a rolling 2 day pattern

Ie

LHR MAD LHR (dep 0620 returns 1215 local times)
LHR - YYZ - LHR (dep 1700 returning 0950 ish)
LHR DXB LHR (dep 1215 returns 0615 local times)

but you'd need to drop the madrid departure back one flight number in the schedule for it to fit. so each frame over 48 hours does 2 x LH and 1 x SH.

BA must have some of the poorest utilisation for LH aircraft. I track what comes into YYZ and the same aircraft often returns the next day having sat on the ground for 6/7 hours. That said, the LH puncuality is pretty good other than short notice techs. Compare that to AC - I flew home ealier this week on a 788 which came in overnight from SFO and went on to do SFO - YYZ - LHR - YVR - LHR - YYZ - Milan - YYZ - SFO - YYZ over a three day cycle with 2 hour turnaround throughout and is now repeating the pattern. Mind you it does explain why they have the worst OTP in N America even before the MAX debacle!!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
they could do the AC style of rostering aircraft where the two aircraft do three rotations between them a day on a rolling 2 day pattern

BA must have some of the poorest utilisation for LH aircraft. I track what comes into YYZ and the same aircraft often returns the next day having sat on the ground for 6/7 hours.

If this is the case and on an ongoing basis, then there really no excuse, whatsoever for a dirty cabin. I do not care if it costs more to clean for a bit longer and deeper but at least utilise some of that time.

But I digress! That’s for another thread
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

If this is the case and on an ongoing basis, then there really no excuse, whatsoever for a dirty cabin. I do not care if it costs more to clean for a bit longer and deeper but at least utilise some of that time.

But I digress! That’s for another thread
We haven't had a vomit one in a while!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by RDWRER
Yes I know - Which is why I gave the details of the MAD flying schedule in the other thread on the proviso that it was planned.
I, for one, appreciated the info and the caveat and just wanted to thank you for having provided it. ^
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by rjn21
Just received a downgrade email F to J on DXB.
On looking at the seating map however it’s an a350 with new J.

The usual terms - keep tier points, lounge access, baggage allowance and receive “an appropriate refund after travel”.

Hmmm. Would that be reimbursement of 75% of the downgraded sector (excluding taxes) as per 261 downgrades or perhaps it will be treated as a “cancellation and rebook at the earliest opportunity” which you therefore accept the downgrade by flying, with a refund of the difference in fare applicable at time of booking/BA’s internal calculation.

Given it’s a new J a350, I keep CCR and TP, I’ll take the downgrade and see what comes back.

Complicated by 2 people in my group being on a 241, 1 (me) being on a cash GUF booked with Propeller on the “old” TP rules and moved from A to F when they stopped selling A on DXB...
I have had thesame email as a lowly Blue on DXB - LHR. Was originally in First (for my first First!). No longer. Was on a 241.

I assume based on the email I get the avios back as stated plus the difference in taxes, and the 241 makes no difference to this.

Annoyingly the refund and the avios don;t come back to me until after I have flown the sector.

However all of this is made up for by flying the new Club Suite. I would have preferrred the avios back sooner though.

This is on 28 Sep.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ClosetoLHR

I assume based on the email I get the avios back as stated plus the difference in taxes, and the 241 makes no difference to this.
I thought the ‘taxes’ were usually the same for First and Club?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Workie Ticket

I thought the ‘taxes’ were usually the same for First and Club?
I think you are correct, it's the avios I'm more interested in getting back sooner. I assume all that would be returned is the difference between a first and club redemption, which makes sense.

I will keep the downgrade as I think trying the new product will be interesting. My first first will have to wait!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:21 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I was curious whether BA would be selling the new A350 Club Suite flights at higher prices for the first month of DXB compared to other (normal 777) club seats (at least until YYZ starts up) and for the 4 spot checks I did, it seems that one leg of the Club Suite flights will always book into R class (the other I) in Sept. (regardless of day picked, assuming a week and a Saturday night stay)...

I appreciate that potentially the flight timings may have something to do with this and I'm not at all familiar with pricing on this route, simply curious what others think, is BA charging more for the A350 flights over the 777's as they know people will want to try it or is it more of the flight timings that are causing the premium? Generally I found the 777 books into I for both out and return, the A350 usually R out and I back but I did see a few that were I out and R back...

For a return the variance was between £100 and £700 (roughly) depending on the date picked. (always a week, always a Sat. night stay)

Haven't checked after the YYZ route starts up as well, maybe it goes down then...

Thoughts?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:18 pm

A350 just now being towed to near T5. Staying on hotel Bath Road but just missed opportunity for photo. Thought it was quite exciting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.