Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
A lot of fuss about the BA A350 intra Europe training flights but what training does Virgin Atlantic do without any European or domestic routes? Are we all simply assuming that BA will put the A350 on European flights?
ba have done it with every other new type recently and the ba insiders have confirmed it - albeit the exact dates and flights are posted with caveats. It was also confirmed to go on the mad route at a recent GGL event. I think we are beyond mere assumption here
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
A lot of fuss about the BA A350 intra Europe training flights but what training does Virgin Atlantic do without any European or domestic routes? Are we all simply assuming that BA will put the A350 on European flights?
Dont know what VS have done for training.

BA is confirmed on Madrid as per their own website.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There are lots of ways of doing training. Even BA, which has the ready option of "misusing" the aircraft on short routes in order to build up cycles and experience, can't satisfy all of its live training needs this way. So, for example, the 380s have done lot of circuits at CHR over the years. Also, ISTR that an aircraft went to DUR for a week basically for the same reason; although the opportunity was taken to do some PR, that can't have gone very far towards "paying" for the trip.

It wouldn't surprise me, therefore, if VS simply takes the view that it has to swallow the cost of doing its live training this way.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:41 pm

VS has announced their A350 and new cabins will be deployed on their LHR-JFK route from September. Time to use some VS miles up to try it out, I think, and compare.
rockflyertalk and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
it's quite a looker

Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
In the past VS have done training and circuits at NQY.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Do any of the insiders have a view about whether the training flights will go on to 21/22 sept? I have a speculative RFS for the early Saturday rotation and corresponding return on the Sunday, linking up with the Latam Frankfurt flight, and wondering whether to switch to a more convenient time and airport (LGW).
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Do any of the insiders have a view about whether the training flights will go on to 21/22 sept? I have a speculative RFS for the early Saturday rotation and corresponding return on the Sunday, linking up with the Latam Frankfurt flight, and wondering whether to switch to a more convenient time and airport (LGW).
Don't have any inside information, however, as those that do likely won't or can't comment, (don't let my response stop them ) FWIW; current thinking is as follows, from the FAQ on the training flights from post 1 on this thread:

Are certain flights or dates more suspect than others during the training flight schedule? Yes, there is a high likelihood that the first day (6th Aug.) or days may be cancelled or pushed back...so these are extra risky but equally, if you do get on one, it may be the inaugural commercial flight of the A350...so risk and reward are both very high. Dates from the 10th onwards should be fairly 'safe' but there is no guarantee. Equally, the end dates are not known yet, so any date in the last week of Sept. is risky as BA will likely need a day or two to get it ready and set-up for the upcoming LHR YYZ long haul run starting in Oct. so likely best to avoid dates after the 28th Sept. (current thinking at least).
--
Of course, this is all a dynamic situation and many things could potentially change the situation such as pilot strikes, any issues that shift the training back, forward, etc...I would expect your dates to be fine given the current information we have and indeed it would be a great way to sample the MAD FRA LATAM flights as well. ^ Caveat Emptor as always though until BA confirm or publish otherwise.

Hope this helps with your planning, safe travels.
gustavmahler and bisonrav like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Just booked my first A350 return, seats picked, excited. And I've never been to Toronto. Super!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Reminds me: map shows bassinets at row 15, but someone else said also at row 1 - the latter not showing in the app seat plan. Any more info there would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:36 am

VS has announced their A350 and new cabins will be deployed on their LHR-JFK route from September. Time to use some VS miles up to try it out, I think, and compare.
Agree. I’ll be back doing JFK regular from September, so may switch to Virgin. It’ll take BA years to get the new Club Suite to JFK. If I was VS I’d get all the new A350s on this route, and start trolling BA for its 10+ year old Club product!
Pack likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by Young82

Agree. I’ll be back doing JFK regular from September, so may switch to Virgin. It’ll take BA years to get the new Club Suite to JFK. If I was VS I’d get all the new A350s on this route, and start trolling BA for its 10+ year old Club product!
Apparently that is their plan (well, not the trolling). As their A350s arrive, they'll all be deployed on the NYC routes instead of being distributed across the route network.
Young82 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

Currently doing some circuits over the Bay of Biscay was squawking 7700 emergency a few minutes ago but now normal.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Perhaps they'll just be winging it?

I'll get my coat…
YacozA, morges1 and tynmar like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jfallesen
Perhaps they'll just be winging it?

I'll get my coat…
There is no problem doing familiarisation on LHR-JFK, but if they need 10 sectors or so each, doing LHR-MAD-LHR is fewer days than LHR-JFK overnight JFK-LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.