Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by W213Sal
HKG and SIN are premium heavy I would have thought so they'll need an F cabin
Yes correct. But BKK is in desperate need of upgrade as discussed at length on FT !
W213Sal likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Yes correct. But BKK is in desperate need of upgrade as discussed at length on FT !
BKK will be the last place to get an A350.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by TCX69
A few photos of the cabin of G–XWBA:

For the business class seat, it seems the knees are now right under the tray table. Another coffin like design with no room for movement during sleep. My knees would not like this seat.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TCX69
A few photos of the cabin of G–XWBA:

​​​​​​
Is it an optical illusion or is the pitch huge between first and second visible rows of the WTP cabin ‘A’ side?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:16 pm

Looking at the seat map further back in this thread, it seems the A/B and J/K seats are slightly forward of the D-G middle seats on the same row.
That's the case in both WTP and the smaller WT cabin just behind.
So I think the optical illusion is a combination of the staggered seating and the wide-angle photography.
SHT88T likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:11 am

Having seen the seat map - inclusive of galleys and toilets - I've to say that I'm deeply disappointed. I mean, it's not as if it wasn't going to be anything but what it turned out to be, but I still had some hope.

Basically there's no separate toilets for WT+ customers; they'll have to share them with those in Travellers, for a grand total of 6 bogs for 260 passengers; Club has two or three. There's no cross-galley mid-cabin; unlike most reputable airlines, BA has gone for a configuration with only two galleys, one up top and the other down at the very back. I'm sure that it'll cause joy to no end to those who press a call button in the first row of WT+... And the galleys, compared to those of other airlines, seem to be on the tiny side.

From a "public amenities" point of view, then, BA's A350 feels more French Bee (which I admit has the 359, but hear me out) than Cathay Pacific.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by 13901
Basically there's no separate toilets for WT+ customers; they'll have to share them with those in Travellers, for a grand total of 6 bogs for 260 passengers;
I believe that's pretty standard that Premium Economy and Economy share the same toilets. I don't think I've ever been on a plane where Premium Economy have their own toilets...

Club has two or three.
According to the seat map, there's only one toilet in Club :O I really doubt that's the case though.

There's no cross-galley mid-cabin; unlike most reputable airlines, BA has gone for a configuration with only two galleys, one up top and the other down at the very back.
I'm *guessing* there's a galley between Club and WT+ even though this isn't shown on the seat map.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:04 pm

Also, I couldn't actually find the combined seat map from BAs website anywhere, so here it is for anyone else that's interested. (Sorry for the double post, but I needed 1 more post to be able to upload images).

KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by pqvst
I believe that's pretty standard that Premium Economy and Economy share the same toilets. I don't think I've ever been on a plane where Premium Economy have their own toilets...
Doesn’t the refurb Super Hi J 747 have one cubicle in Premium?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here is a full cabin diagram courtesy of TCX69 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31235468-post185.html

pqvst likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
G-XWBA (BA A350) First Flight Tomorrow!
BotB and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Mid-J 747s have a toilet in the WT cabin, and both 380 and 747 super Hi-Js have a toilet aft of the cabin; the 350 doesn't.

According to the seat map, there's only one toilet in Club :O I really doubt that's the case though.

I'm *guessing* there's a galley between Club and WT+ even though this isn't shown on the seat map.
The seat map you're referring to is the one on the website; the one I'm talking about is for internal use and has been shared to crews. It clearly shows that Club has 3 toilets (one in the front, 2 at doors 2 where there's also the "Club kitchen" but, crucially, no galley (the map has G for Galley, T for toilet, CK for Club Kitchen). There are bulkheads between Club and WT+, and between WT+ and WT, but no ad-hoc toilets or Galleys. There are 4 toilets at doors 3 and, again, no galley. As far as I can see, additionally, there's no direct passageway from aisle to aisle in that part of the cabin - unless one wants to squeeze between the passengers in the bulkhead position and the toilets themselves. Finally there's a galley at the very end of the plane, at doors 4, with two toilets. That galley also seems to be on the tiny side, for there is an extra row of 2 seats on the left-hand side (row BC) whilst on the right-hand side there's a galley compartment, thus making the galley asymmetrical. It really feels as if they've tried to go for the smallest possible space that isn't to be filled with seats, which is a shame.

edit: thanks to KARFA AND TCX69 for having posted this one, that I couldn't somehow upload on Flickr.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Here is a full cabin diagram courtesy of TCX69 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31235468-post185.html

As you can see, this is a layout made with one idea in mind: maximising the number of seats on board. Period. There's very little in terms of provisions to make life easier for the crew, or for passengers to move about and to go from the left hand corridor to the right hand one. In fact I'd say that, if for whatever reason one was wanting to go from 20B to 20J, he or she would either have to wriggle into Club and use the Club Kitchen area, or he/she would have to schlep it all the way down. Also, I feel for those who'll get 59BC...
pqvst likes this.

Last edited by 13901; Jul 1, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Featured in July's Highlife Magazine, I can't spot any new facts in it though:

Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
It clearly shows that Club has 3 toilets (one in the front, 2 at doors 2 where there's also the "Club kitchen" but, crucially, no galley (the map has G for Galley, T for toilet, CK for Club Kitchen)
Any hints on what the "Club Kitchen" area consists of? It seems to take up a lot of real estate for what I understood to be a tray of Mars bars and a few cans of coke. If it has kettles, fridges, trolley space etc then it could be where the WT+ drinks are served from, reducing the workload for the galley at the back.

But yes, it does look like they've squeezed in a lot of seats, particularly that pair right at the back.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

Is the layout of 59 B&C accurate in this diagram?
Thought a selling feature of the A350 was constant fuselage width door 1 to door 4?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.